Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC, Infertility & IVF - August 2005 #2

tiggy Guest

Keen,

I am very sorry and sad to hear that it was bad news. There are no words that I can say to make it any easier for you. Hugs

Tiff

cazzoom Guest

OPU went okay.
    Unfortunately we only got 3 eggs. I am quite upset. What was more painful was the doctor telling me how dissapointed she was. Made a girl feel good.... NOT!!
    But I guess they say it only takes 1 right?
    I call tomorrow at 2pm to see if/how many fertilised and for an Embryo transfer time.

I am still in a little pain but no worse than bad period pains as you all would know

Cazz

Cazz I know it's hard not to be disappointed but 3 eggs are good - don't be hard on yourself. My Doc always said the first time is a trial run to see how we respond to the drugs. But hey - you're right - it only takes one. Good luck for tomorrow - you done all you can, it's now up to those swimmers.

Blue Sky Guest

Caz - glad to hear your OPU went ok. Bummer about the number of eggs, but as you say it only takes one! quality not quantity eh! A little insensitive of your Dr, but (if its any consolation) at least she's honest with you.

Shaz - hope you're taking it easy too

Ali - thinking of you with your BT today.

take care everyone - hope you're not turned to icicles in this frosty weather!! brrrrrr!
    Blue

hi every one,

well i'm up and walking thats a big difference to last time !!!!! i am going to be very positive here ( or try to convince myself to be postive ) at 8 am this morning i went in to OPU very hopefull that we would have better results then last cycle and all i really was hoping for was to have enough eggs to be able to have a security blanket of frozen embies ... well unfortunately this wasn't meant to be and we ended up with 2 eggs from 12 follicles so now the praying begins that we also have quality not quantity, thanks every one for you support

and Cazz hope your resting and i know how you feel we will get there in the end

Cazz and Shazz - well done on getting through the EPU. Aahhhh follie numbers and the resulting egg numbers: what can I say, it's a journey frought with analysis/emotions etc etc. Best of luck with fertilisation and transfer. :-k I'm beginning the 'analysis' myself 8-[

My scan showed 9 follies today.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I am hooked on Bb too it is my only means of emotional support through all of this -I don't have much other. :-({|= feeling a bit down and happy BB back online

I must have checked 100 times today

Cazz- [-o< you have three fertilised embies right now , 1 or 2 ready for transfer Friday ? I am thinking of you and wishing you the every happiness this cycle

Ali - ? been thinking [-o< of you all day and wondering ???

Shazz- how did you go sweet ? Been checking all day for you too. I hope you are feeling okay.
    hope you have been resting up too from marathon posting yesterday - maybe it was that that caused the meltdown

Blue- Sydney has gone into deep freeze this afternoon too - what is happening for you - I really hope you numbers come up this month too .

Hi Chris - welcome to LT ttc and IVF. It is natural for you to take a break after losing Chantelle & Shale only a month ago.All IVF pregnancies are so precious and the loss is felt dearly because we wait so much longer to achieve the dream.

Pull a chair in here and share you experiences - December is coming so quickly - 2 precious little snowbubs ? frosties are there when you are ready.
    I [-o< for strength and healing for you - physically and emotionally.

Anney - have you found out much info on donor eggs ?

Ann - :wave: we haven't seen you for a while - when are you up for next cycle

Bee- how are you going - I have been thinking of you too - do you still have frozen embryos

Humphrey - another day closer to your cycle starting 11 days to go - is your FET 5th ? when is your DS birthday too ? Second time just as lucky.

Leisa - goodluck for cystoscopy Friday -thinking of you

Sheree - how is stimming going ? Lucky no 15 - you have endured so much you are an inspiration to all of us.

Kelly - how did your appointment go - can't wait to hear your news

Tam - where are you up to how AF shown her ugly face yet - this will be a month of FET by looks at it.

I think Joja, and Amy-NZ girl were FET too - and was Gabby ? she got her BFP a few week before I joined

Shez - best of luck for this month - when is Ovulation expected

Mel - any visitors for you - I am hoping you want her soon so you can get moving for next month.

Ness-not long for you either - 28th will come round so quickly - this month is flying past already.

I am dreading it

Keen - you have been on my heart all day. I was planning on taking a break too but I felt so bad I needed my BB friends - noone else knew and I wanted cyber comfort. Remember we are here and we care about you so much.

We have such high hopes and so we should but the fall hurts. 1st cycle or not the grief is still painful.

DH was so nice but hard for others to understand the devastation of AF arriving - let alone a BFN from beta.

Hi Angel welcome back online :flower:

Nola - you are so close now too - glad you are all systems go - Dr Kovak seems to have good press lately.

Hi Janee - any news ? Is it a bit daunting at first coming to terms with assisted fertility

Sushee - :flower:

Another day more waiting but like they say YES - it will be worth the wait.
    I hope dearly to this thought.

I am blessed my all my friends here and the support we offer each other in good times and bad.

:wave: Gabby, Tiff ,Shell , Hayseed ,Amy, Sal & Melbo - we look to you girls as proof that this ttc rollercoaster has an end in sight.

I hope it wasn't the marathon posting that caused the meltdown 8-[

i posted my results up a little and sent you a PM

ness4 Guest

Cazz and Shazz ~ any eggs is good eggs - my first go yielded only 2 eggs - the girl beside me had no eggs - so I didn't think 2 was all that bad

sending you both lots of babydust

Cazz - 3 is still 3 and I'm keeping everything crossed that on fri you will have 3 top notch embies.

Shazz- You too!!! I'm sure you will have two eggsquisite embies on fri for transfer!

Well I had my BT today and no surprises about the BFN. It is amazing that even though I had AF in full force I still had kept that glimmer of hope that our dream still may have come true with a BFP, what an absolute bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keen - How are you going, shame we can't have a few drinks together.......

Sush - I'll have a celebration drink for you tomorrow night (maybe even 5)

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Love always

Ali xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ali
    I am so sorry for you -but I was same - except I didn't go to my beta - 6 days after AF - hoped my 1st b/t would show something spectacular but at same time knew it wouldn't.

Ness - the lady beside me got 1 egg and I felt like crying for her - we could hear through the curtain how upset she was asking nurse for answers. Nurse's response - it only takes 1 :-#

ness4 Guest

Trish out of my 2 one didn't make it so I had only 1 left - the nurse said the same thing to me "it only takes 1" - unfortunately at the time that is no comfort at all

Ali I know how you feel mine was opposite though had the BT that showed BFN but didn't get AF for 5 days so I still had my hopes slightly above normal

Ness
    that must have been so hard

Trish - :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 on that post! What a champ. **Warning baby talk**I am looking forward to my transfer, when I think it will be DS's fraternal twin 1 year later, it makes me happy. He is turning 1 on the 28th of this month. I will send you all a silent baby wish when we blow out his candle - because birthday wishes always come true.

Ness, I second what Trish said. At least iwas let down a bit easily, first with the -tve HPT's then AF. You poor thing.......

Love Ali xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

* takes a bow while raising my cup of hope, then gets down on knees [-o< *

*gets up ](*,) - screaming I hate HPT , all this waiting and Dr's & nurses who you have to drag info out of *

Blue Sky Guest

Trish, you're amazing. You are the master (or should that be mistress??) poster! =D> Your support is phenomenal and means so much. I'm on the pregynova hoping to do a FET. I have a scan tomorrow to see how the lining is going. How are you holding out?

I know about holding onto that glimmer of hope Ali . But agree it would have been rough for you Ness :flower: Next time hey girls.

Have a good night everyone
    Blue

Oh, PS - does anyone get grumpy on pregynova (oestrogen)? have been snappy at dh for past couple of days for no good reason... am putting it down to the horrormones...

Blue -thank you but we are all here for each other -

is yours a medicated FET cycle ? Best of luck for scan today -you are one step ahead of me

have you had to have bloodtests or using OPK or do they just go by the lining thickness ?

are you having progesterone/oestrogen support ?

I have been snappy /pushy too and i am not on Oestrogen - but maybe I am just a horrormonal B*tch and no wonder we are with all the stress of
    FET - it is our chance of a precious baby

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast