Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC, Infertility & IVF - August 2005

Sorry, yeah, I meant nearing the end of their TWW, there are going to be plenty more... :-)

Good morning everyone.. Congrats Shell..maybe more twins???!!! Well thamks to everyone for their well wishes it is frustrating but I think (!?) AF has progressed to a stage were I can consider today CD1!!! So hopefully I'll get to join the August coaster...
    To the ladies that are having trouble with the nurses at their clinics, as a nurse myself I am so disappointed. I get so annoyed at other nurses giving nursing a bad name, especially nurses working in an environment flooded with hormones like IVF!! I can't believe they are not more supportive and understanding! So I'm sorry for their treatment of you and I hope that next year when you are all delivering your babies you have wonderful caring supportive nurses watching out for you!!

Shez xoxox

Morning all,

well i feel much better today - stronger i think you could describe it as i AM NOT going to worry about it if i run out of drugs I WILL make them give me more simple !!!!!! i feel so bloated today but no pain yet today i have a terrible head ache :-$ which i have taken drugs for - i have tried not to take anything for so long now that i am in lalalal land but all is good ... scan friday should lets us see whats going on Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee don't you love this rollercoaster ........... not .......

Hi girls

I've been up all night & at the emergency room early this morning with DD as she has croup..... poor little thing, it's the absolute worst when they're sick.

I also did a HPT at about 5am this morning and got a BFN!!!! Just what I needed.... I feel as though the witch is on her broomstick & heading my way fast.............

Keen & Sush, hope your coping better in this dreadful TWW than I am xx

Ali xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Ali, honey Im hoping desperately that you were just testing a bit too early....

Big hugs to your little DD too. Poor little darlins when they're ill arent they? Makes you feel so helpless.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hello girls,

Ali, you're only 7dpt, which is really early. Please don't give up hope.

As for me, I will not be succumbing to the evil peestciks after all. DH and I made a deal that we'd wait until the Sunday bt, and will call the clinic together.

Have to admit, not holding out much hope. Except for bloatedness, I have absolutely no sx whatsoever, and you all know what my luck is like with these things.

So we'll just have to see come Sunday. Either way, I'll post and let you girls know for sure.

love
    sushee

Keen, I'm a bit slow on the conversation about progesterone, but I have been on two types both for various cycles (IVF and natural). One cycle I was on Crinone once a day, another cycle I was on pessaries twice a day and another time I was on Crinone twice a day.

When I was on the Crinone as part of IVF, it cost me nothing (included in the global fee), but when I was on the Crinone (2x/day) as part of pg support (naturally conceived) then I had to pay for it myself. The price I paid was almost $200 for 7 days worth (14 syringes). And I was on them for about 10weeks - so expensive stuff. Our chemists here in town do not stock them, so I had to get them to order it from the distributor each week. The Crinone comes in a cold pack (small polystyrene esky with an ice brick). You take the esky with you, so I have HEAPS at home!! I was on this regime when I was pregnant with twins (the pregnancy before Thomas) and alas, it didn't work. It was interesting to note that the cost of the Crinone over that time made that pregnancy as expensive (if not more so) than some of the IVF cycles I had been on!

For my recent pg (Thomas), I was on progesterone pessaries twice a day. Problem with these were that again, no-one made them in our town, so I had to get them from another chemist who did make them (attacked to a hospital that made them). And unlike the Crinone, the pessaries cannot be shipped to your chemist. You have to make the trip to collect them yourself. Big pain int he bum! Especially as it was a 4.5hr round trip for me to pick up the pessaries. But I used to fill 2 -3 scripts at a time to make it worth my while. The issue with the pessaries are because they are made from wax and are more likely to melt in transit and I guess chemists don't want the responsibility. However, they only cost me about $40 for 14 (from memory!). Loads cheaper.

Shell, fantastic news on your BFP. I looked at your web picutres and thought that things looked VERY promising witht he lines on the sticks!

Shazz, what a stuff up with your Gonal-F doses. I was never made to feel like a dill from my clinic, but I can understand how some clinics can make you feel like that though.....

Hi to all.

Hayseed

Thanks girls, I really hope you're right, but I am not confident at all!!!

Is it really too early do you think? It said on the test that you could do it 5-7 days before AF is due. Are they just full of it??????

I have to admit, if I hadn't done the HPT I would prob be thinking that I am pg as my bb are very biiiiiig & sore, but I think that's just a side effect of the crinone too.

Sush, I wish I could be as calm as you, got any tips for me??

Love Ali xxxxxxxxxxx

Ali - I'm sorry you're having such a rough time lately. I definately think you tested too early so don't give up hope yet, you're still in there with a great chance. It sounds like it's your turn for some good luck.

Sush - well done on your willpower, however if there's a stick lurking in your drawer I'd put $50 on you caving. But go on......prove me wrong.

I've got my appointment tomorrow, thank god, I'm itching to start jabbing again (i'm a freak I know).

I'm still rubbing my fertility stone for you too Keen, have you had any niggles down there?

Thanks Humphrey, good luck with your appt tomorrow xx

Can anyone tell me why sometimes we do down reg cycles and others do flare cycles? I definitely would rather the quicker flare cycle next time if it's an option.

Thanks

Ali xxxxxxxxxx

Blue Sky Guest

Ali – hope DD is feeling better. And also hope that you’ve got a dodgy pee stick and you get to prove it wrong with a BFP soon! Your symptoms sound promising!! As for your question about the cycles, I’m only guessing but I think people who don’t ovulate or have problems ovulating do down reg cycles? I had a look in the info that I got from the clinic and it doesn't say.

Sushee – only 4 more sleeps! Hope you’re doing ok. And Keen, wont be long for you either! Hope you’re both doing ok.

Wow Hayseed – your story about getting your drugs makes me feel lucky that I can get to the clinic & chemist in 30 mins or so. Glad it all paid off in the end for you.

Sal - Thanks for the info on Metformin. I may look into that. I was reading an article on the web today about acupuncture and IVF – has anyone tried acupuncture and do you think it has helped?

Kelly – Hope your DH got to deliver his sample on time! Good luck with your appt on Monday – hope it goes well and on time!

Ness – how are you doing? Thinking of you.

I popped by to see the good Dr today. He suggested that if I was up for it to start working on the FET straight away. Told him I’d feel better if I got straight back on the horse.. so to speak. So am starting on the progynova tonight. yay. 8-[

Cheers
    Blue

Blue Sky Guest

Keen – would you be able to update my details - pretty please with sprinkles on top?
    Thanks

Name - Blue
    State - VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length – 37, 21, 38, 30
    Cycle type – HRT FET
    Months of TTC - many
    Medications -Progynova
    Important Dates – 11/8/05 - Scan
    Reason for Infertility - PCOS, DH abnormal morphology

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Blue what does Prognyova do on medicated cycle ?

I heard with down reg they can control cycles better and monitor OHSS

Not sure but read somewhere most Dr's prefer not to use Flare cycles unsure of differences

Name - Baby~amore`(Trish)
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 26 - 26 - 26 - 24 - 26 - 22
    Cycle Type - ? FET August with Pregnyl for Luteal phase support
    Months of TTC - 10 with #2, 12 years with # 1
    Medications - Elevit, Calcium,
    Important Dates - 5th August BT
    Reasons for Infertilty: R salpingectomy 29/6/05, unknown subfertility

Blue Sky Guest

Hi Trish - progynova is oestrogen tablets and my info from the clinic states that it is used to build up the thickness of the lining of the uterus. Dr said that if I get a BFP I might have to stay on it for about 10 wks. I think I will also have to start some pessiaries at some stage too.
    Is your cycle a natural FET?

Thanks Blue
    my clinic uses estrogen tablets on medicated cycles too but different name I didn't know they were same thing -they also use Synarel from day 2 (to stop ovulation before lining is ready) and then progesterone pessaries for luteal phase after transfer.

I wanted to do medicated but at first said try natural - if my lining is not thick enough they will cancel and next cycle will do medicated

That is why I especially wanted to move on - so I know what I am up for with my lining.

Goodluck - tell me more about your clinics medicated cycle

Sush, Keen and Ali - for you all. I'm thinking of you and have my fingers crossed for the best results. Ali, I've come to the conclusion that peesticks don't know what they're made for. I used those special early ones and this was more than ten days past transfer and still negative. Shows how much they know. Also hope your little one is feeling better.

Blue - Yep, I did acupuncture ... I think I might have posted about this only recently because someone else asked, but yes, I can recommend it. My doctor is in support of it too (he actually refers people to my acupuncturist) so it makes me think he's noticed something about it being a help to people on assisted conception programmes. Definitely worth a try. If you're interested, please email me and I can tell you more.

Hope you are all well and doing okay. I'm about to go off to bed early again I think.

Talk again soon,

Love,

Mel

Yay, I finally have some news to tell. Saw my Doc and he said I may as well use up my snowbub before starting a stim cycle. So roll on AF!!!!!!

I hope my embie survives the thaw as I have no backup but have to give it a shot. I don't want to be a pin cushion if I don't have to.

So here are my new details Keen

Name - Humphrey
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 27 - 29 - 28 -28
    Cycle Type - Natural FET
    FF Link - http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e133
    Months of TTC - 36 for #1, 11 for #2
    Medications - none
    Important Dates - FET around 5th Sept
    Reason for Infertility - endo, DH has high count of abnormal sperm

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast