Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC, Infertility & IVF - August 2005

Thanks everyone for your thoughts
    ](*,)
    i rang the clinic yet again and got the nurse that seems to have a bit of an issue with me (long story - but last Ivf attempt i yelled screamed and cried at her when she told me they didn't feeze my 2 remaining embies when the dr told me they were to be frozen ) so any way told her that out of the first vial i got 850iu instead of the 1200 iu she was like ' really that shouldn't be are you sure your doing it right ? to which i replied well that i am not sure of seen as i would still class my self as a bit of a novice when it comes to IVF and mixing and injecting drugs with out formal training she then says that she feels confident that i was trained enough to inject myself (over 12 months ago they showed me how to stick a needle in a bit of foam !!! ](*,) ) I then told her how worried we were that i will run out of drugs 4 days before i should at this point and and said that if anything i will just end up sicker then last time from overdosing myself she would not beleive me that i have been taking the syringe to the 200iu mark and not beyond i even have DH checking and rechecking before hand i then got a little antsy and ask to speak to the Dr and she then said that if by the scan s if it looks like i will need more injectibles then what i have they will give me more i finally felt i accomplished something and will just have to plod along Dh is coming to all the appointments with me this time and i am so thankfull he is he can do the fighting for our rights for me ( i'm knackered)

sorry for the epic post i feel better now :-({|=

Good on ya Shazz!!!!!! =D>

I find it is so ridiculous the way we are treated at the IVF clinics the minute you question something or wonder about something. My God its our bodies and we have fought long and hard to get to this stage, so whats with all the [email protected]!

Anyway, I am trying to phone my clinic now except cant get through because is engaged - as is the case every single day after 2pm.

Shazz - you stand your ground honey. They should listen to you

Sal - I have not had any CD2/3 BTs done for FSH/LH levels. Doctor never suggested anything like it?! Would explain a lot though.

ness4 Guest

Shell ~ congratulations

Sheree ~ hope your feeling better soon and especially for EPU

Keen ~ its sounds like every state works differently with progesterone - in QLD your on it in the TWW and beyond (if BFP) - VIC seems to just have you on it in the TWW - it would be interesting if other NSW girls find that they are only on it for the amount of time they told you.

Keen ~ i was only on Crinone for the TTW and stopped the day of my BT which was a BFP there was no talk of me continuing on anything even with a BFP

Ness ~ interesting seen as we go to the same DR even this time i am given enough for the TTW but i will ask about that when i go in on friday

Shell ~ \/ \/ \/ congrats heres to a H& H pg

The clinic and doctor have agreed to allow me to have progesterone support up to the BT! So one point for me!

But apparently of the 9 embies we had left only 2 were able to be frozen ... I dont really understand how or why. I mean if they are still growing then whats the problem? And a lot of other people have 2 day old embies frozen, mine are 5 day....? The clinic couldnt really say and in all honesty they made me feel so stupid and like I was being a real nuisance for asking for another weeks worth of progesterone, i just wanted to get off the phone.

So from all that, 1 embie on board, & 2 snowbubbas.

ness4 Guest

I will just clarify here Shazz - the Dr only started 2 cycles ago with the progesterone and only gave me enough in the TWW, its only when you get a BFP that they give you more. :flower:

I have to say that after any FETs, if I had to do a full stim cycle again I would most likely change clinics - who cares if I have to travel! It will be cheaper anyway and at least I will be treated with respect - I mean its not like we dont pay for it!

ness4 Guest

Keen ~ yeah for getting the progesterone support till BT - sorry only 2 made it to frozen - I had such high hopes that you would have an abundance of frozen bubs - hopefully it wont matter as you will get a BFP soon

Sal Guest

Keen, bummer that only 2 made it to frosty status. My understanding of the process is that if you are taking all your embies to blast, then the attrition rate is much higher than going to 2/3 day, plus if they don't look strong enough the clinic won't freeze them. From 9 embies three sounds about average to get to blast and frozen.

But the clinic is surely giving you the run-around! I think you can ring and ask for a scientist to call you and explain what happened with your embies. The nurses at your clinic sound very unhelpful.

Sal - let me just say that unhelpful would be an understatement. The problem is it really only seems to be one of them who is - but she is the one I always get when I call or who calls here #-o

I suppose really I should be happy to have any left to freeze. So back to big smiles and rays of sunshine and all that! 8-[

Blue Sky Guest

Trish – I guess I’m up to day 8. I have PCOS and don’t seem to ovulate naturally so I might be a bit late to start on the Uncle Dougs?? Am hoping to start this cycle but if I have to wait, that’s ok.

Thanks Keen. And good on you for chasing down your progesterone. What is it with these nurses? I only wish IVF clinics had patient representatives like they do in most public hospitals in Vic. Am hoping that your snowbubs aren’t required for 9 months at least!!

Sal – what is metformin? I agree with your opinion on PCOS!!

Well done Shaz. Good idea to take DH with you – I found it works for me! I find it comforting for him just being there too.

I was given a box of 15 pessaries the day of transfer – I guess that was to take me until BT – plus one spare? (what, was I going to miss???) You would think these days with evidence based medicine etc that there would be more standardization of IVF protocols. I know we’re all different, and different treatments work for different people, but it appears as though each clinic (and even different drs within the one clinic) does things differently.

Cheers,
    Blue

Sal Guest

Blue, Metformin is a drug given to people with type II diabetes. It can be given to PCOS women (and get ovulation working in some cases) as about half of PCOS sufferers have insulin resistance, which is a precursor to type II diabetes. The problem is that not many docs are willing to prescribe it (I had to hassle my doc to prescribe it to me, he didn't think it would work as I'm not overweight and most of the studies have been on large women). Do you have PCOS? I ask because I read of a recent UK study that found taking Metformin increased IVF success for PCOS women.

Keen - all my six embies made it to blast, 1 was transferred but only 1 frozen?? Do you know I never asked why this was so. I wish I had asked more questions last time, this time I'm going in with lots more info so watch out clinic!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi all you lovely ladies,

My clinic explained that only Grade 1 and 2 blasts are frozen, and any embryo that hasn't made it to blast by day 5 or 6 aren't frozen either. My little 9 cell emby was not going to make it even by day 6, so they didn't bother to freeze it.

As for the nurse and the clinic making you feel stupid, I used to too when I first started IVF. Trust me, after 8 cycles, I'm now a grumpy old ***** with them if they talk down to me. I figure if I can intimidate my doctor into transferring two blasts for the first time in his career, the nurses are a piece of cake.

Having said that though, I've never really had many run ins with the staff at Concept. Generally a really nice, easy going clinic.

Shell, congratulations hunny! I checked out those peesticks in your www yesterday and knew you'd have good news for us today!

love
    sushee

Theres no way I can keep up with the personals in this thread, I am far too slow reading! You're all such a wealth of information for me, I am quite new to all of this.

We've had some hassles with DH sperm analysis the last day or so. We had to book him in to give a sample and finally had the perfect time and date organised, then last night I have a message on my machine that its been cancelled but he can drop a sample from home off at 8am in Heidelberg! Thats 45 minutes from here, and it has to be there by an hour!!!!!! So poor DH this morning had everything ready, got his sample and jumped straight on his motorbike and is as I type, trying to get the poor sample there within the hour. So stressful, considering he only has a rough idea of where to actually go and how to get there!!

I just said, worst case scenario you dont make it, we'll just reschedule it for 3 days time in their city centre again. Might not have the results in time for our appt Monday, but cant be helped! Our appt Monda is also a hassle, we need a babysitter for my son, so Mums leaving her place at sparrows so we can get to our appt at 920, and Dh has appointments from noon he cannot be late for or miss, so I have to hope its all on time and we're not held up. So stressful and we haven't even got there yet!!!!

Oh Keen & Shazz, its just not good enuf the way ur clinics are treating u, yeah, stand up to em.

So Sushee & Keen, your both up next to graduate, but there's someone else too isn't there, is it u Ali?

Yep Shell, you're right Sush, then Ali then Me! Plus several others also joining us, Im sure!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast