thread: LT TTC and Assisted Conception Apr-May 2012

Oct 2006
    In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Vic honey I am so sorry this whole thing is so unfair xx

Aug 2011
    Port Lincoln

Thanks girls x

How are you holding up Joeve. Are you back to the FS?

Oct 2006

Sweetie I am fine and have bounced back as we all do with time.
    Next Monday FS appointment.

I hope you get some answers soon it's just so heart breaking x

Sep 2008
    Perth

Vic- so sorry that really sucks. You had all those universe signs so it must be just devastating. Don't give up. Thinking of you.

Joeve- I hope the FS can give you the answers. Are you writing a list? That always help me. You wait so long for these appointments and then it's so frustrtating when it goes so quickly and you don;t get tp ask something that you wanted to! Has your bleeding settled down a bit? That sounded intense... I get heavy bleeding after the progesterone or pregnyl but never GOLF BALLS!! Wow hope that is lighter now.

Planet sasha- yay! Good luck.

Oct 2011
    Sydney

Oh Vic, I am so sorry hun i wish there were words to make it all better for you.

Aug 2011
    Port Lincoln

I am doing ok girls. Better after talking with DH tonight. I just dont know what our next step will be but we both agree we cant decide anything until my FS appointment on Thursday. I dont want to go on and keep doing the same protocol when it doesn't seem to be working. I dont want to waste out last precious frostie.

My thoughts then swing to whether we use up our last frostie and pray that it thaws ok, otherwise another failed cycle, or do we do a stim cycle as its almost the end of the financial year and we can claim it on our tax? And then I can do the biopsy. But I really dont want to do another stim as its more expensive and more time off work and I seem to keep putting on weight that I cant get off.

Having said that I am off to join the gym tomorrow properly. I think I need to jump over to the get buff to get up the duff thread lol.

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

Vic, I think if you do decide to do another stim, do it ASAP. My FS recommended not to wait more than a few months due to my age (41 in June). I dont want to be alarmist, but after talking to my fs and reading HEAPS, I really do believe that at our age every month counts.

Is it possible to go straight onto a FET this month, then a stim next month (if needed!)?

Oct 2006

Vic it's hard to know what to do. I think you will be in a better place once you talk to FS.

Nov 2011
    SE Melbourne

oh yes Vic - please join me over there! I think I'm the only one in there at the moment!!! but I keep posting.... it makes me feel accountable!!!

oh... and N2L --- you mentioned implantation issue the other day.... can they test for that???

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

Not really. Other than a lap, which will only help for endo and adhesions. My FS won't do one though because I am "obese".

Nov 2011
    SE Melbourne

oh!! really??? I'm 'obese' (oh I hate that word!), but my FS did a lap to 'investigate' and 'clean up' if required.... BMI - 38.3 as of yesterday..... so was probably over 41.5 when he did it.....

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

Really! I'm about the same (38) but FS won't do it because of the risks

Nov 2011
    SE Melbourne

FS hasn't ever even mentioned my weight to me..... and we are both with MIVF...so....????

maybe I'm not worth worrying about the risks over?? (seriously my self esteem isn't that bad...... (this week))

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

Different FS though....

Nov 2011
    SE Melbourne

yeah..... just weird that they can be so different.....

anyway..... your advice really helped last week BTW...... I think you are right about making the FS appointment.... maybe I'll make one for June, and go from there..... Still not sure what to ask and what the next step should be.... but I'm guessing it will just be another Stim with the same protocol as last time... seemed to work okay.... and hope that this time something sticks..... (hopefully I will have lost another few kg's by then... although as you said, maybe it doens't make a difference....)

at least I will know that I have done everything possible.

Jul 2009
    melbourne

Sorry ladies just sneaking in

I too fall in the obese category and constantly worked on loosing weight between cycles. I am currently 42 I had 3 stim cycles and I think 7 or 8 FET before falling pregnant with my last cycle. I was with MIVF and swapped FS as I felt my first one was going through the motions. Ask your FS what plan they have mine was really good for unexplained and I believe without her I wouldn't now be pregnant.

Happy to discuss further if any of you want to pm me

Oct 2006

Terry nice of you to pop in with a wonderful success story!

Oct 2011
    Sydney

Hi ladies, I have a question about FET if anyone can help. When they defrost the embryo for a FET do they just pick one of the frosties to defrost? Or do they defrost all of them and see what one looks best?

I know that if they are day 3 embies they can defrost them and grow them out to day 5 but ours were frozen at day 5, so I'm confused as to how much more they can let them grow outside of my body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... 71516171819