Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: LT TTC - First time IUI

Hey Belinda the last 5 days are a killer.... keep busy and know that you are on the home stretch... only 4 more sleeps to go.
    Sending you

Tiffany thanks so much for sharing your inspirational story. Just goes to prove IT WILL HAPPEN! for all of us. Best of luck and i hope you have a H&H pregnancy.

Polly woohoo on starting your next cycle. Best of luck!!!

Just a quick question for everyone... Is it normal for the FSH injections to affect your mood? And give you sore BB's?

I am feeling soooo emotional today. I just feel like crying about everything and everyone. Not sure if its just me or if i can possibly blame it on the meds??!!

Hey girls,
    Paula:It is perfectly normal for the meds to muck you around a bit. I find I'm usually symptom free until about my 8th or 9th injection and then i feel quite awful.
    Nicole: This has to be it- dosent it.!I read Tiffany's story with baited breath it was so inspirational. I felt very inspired after reading this that it WILL happen . I loved having a chat to my nurse yesterday it just confirmed that with ivf there are NO straight answers. I explained to her how i was so sure that last month before i got my period i was so sure that i was pregnant then the symptoms went away and Af arrived.She said you have to wonder if the blastocyst was starting to fertilise but for some reason known only to a higher power your body rejected it and then as per usual you get your period. But then if it fertilised then that could have resulted in a miscarriage or worse later on. And that as far as a human race goes even without fertility issues our chances of reproducing each cycle are just below 20%. Which as a species is one of the lowest reproductive rates out there. Pretty poor. And also there is the gene thing that every single pregnancy has the possibilty of chromosomal abnormality from the mother or the father and maybe thats why that egg dosent fertilise. Also because an egg looks good with measurements it dosent mean that it is good.And also if you have 3 embies on board and one is 18 and one is 22 and one is 15;it dosent mean that the biggest ones will neccessarily fertilise. It could just as likely be the small one or all 3. There are absolutely no rules. Also if you always ovulate on cd 18 your body can one month decide to ovulate on cd10 and produce wonderful ripe embies and surge then. She said she has been surprised many a time with a womans body throwing a curve ball so to speak. So thats why they monitor us so frequently.I hope this information helps you all as it helped me from giving myself the blame game over my eggs.You know my nurse was saying too that they have to be so careful as to how many embies are produced during a cycle because women will go in and go right off their heads if there is a multiple pregnancy that it is IVF"S fault. I couldnt believe that!
    Belinda:You hang in there girl, try and not test- however we all know what its like if your resolve weakens and you do. Hopefully easter will keep you distracted enough to keep you away from the box. I am so happy for you that things are going so well and i am really ROOTING(hehehe)for you that this is your month.We would all be so happy to see one of us get through. However i still have no doubt in my mind that it will happen for THE TEAM and it wont take long. This is our year girls,THE YEAR OF THE RAT.
    HAVE A DIVINE EASTER TO ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL LADIES, enjoy your friends and family and eat lots of CHOCOLATe.
    P>S goodluck with your scans on Monday girls.
    And you totally have my support with the drinking thing and smoking. My DP is off both until I SAY. ITs not all bad he gets ME-who is incredible in bed (HAHA)all the time. Sex on tap.. But the price is no social drinking or smoking unless i have AF(cause then I'm likely to join him)

Thanks for sharing that info polly... it is all so true but we very rarely sit and think of it that way! I too have a really good feeling about this year '08 will be the year that we all have big bellys!!

Well happy Easter to all! Hope the Easter bunny is nice to you and brings you everything you wish for!

Thanks for the info Polly, it takes away some of pressure when there are so many other aspects into this reproductive mystery.
    Sometimes as much as science can do and know, it really is up to a much higher power as your said

Happy Easter ladies, eat lots of chocolate... and keep safe over this long weekend.

HI Girls,

3 sleeps to go......can this weekend go any slower!
    Polly, the info you shared with us was great. I totally understand the nurse talking about the transfer of limited embies. There was a case in Canberra recently where a lesbian couple sued the IVF doc because he transfered 2 embies and they ended up with twins. They sued the doc for the estimated amount that it would take to raise the child for 18 years and some pain and suffering money thrown in for good measure! So and so's should be greatful they have a child as far as I'm concerned as there are plenty of people who would give their right arms to be in the same position!
    Trying to keep busy this weekend. Went and saw KISS in concert last night. Man...what a show. Even though those guys are nudging 60, they put on an unbelievable show and all in 10 inch platform stilletos!!! DH and I have stared renovation the spare/baby's room today. We thought we would leave it until I was pregnant but as that didn't go to plan I've decided to just go ahead and start it. I am also hoping that by starting it may give me some luck!
    Well, hope you are enjoying your easter, eating lots of chocolate (i'm avoiding it cause i'm too fat already!!!)
    Belinda

Default I Cant Believe It

Hi ladies, i couldnt help myself i had to come in and post.

Well as i mentioned before, i had my first BT this morning to see how the meds were going. Well can you believe that after only 5 days of meds (started on monday), we are ready for the IUI tomorrow I cant believe it. DH and i were totally not expecting this so we are soooooooooo EXCITED and not sure what is going on. Hahahaha. Has anyone else heard of IUI being done so soon into the injections? Its just all the stories i have read have mentioned that its usually on day 14 if your cycle or even after that but none have been anywhere near CD10. But apparently my numbers came back exceptional so we are off to do our thing tomorrow. I cant wait.

So DH has to get his sample to the clinic by 9.30am and then the insemination is at 11am. Now all i have to do is

Please God, let this be it.. The timing is just perfect in everway. We have lots happening this year and we sat down and worked out dates and everything will fall perfectly into place if it happens this cycle. So we will be for another two weeks.

Paula,
    Congratulations that IUI is tommorow. Arent you clever for responding so quickly!As for my previous post remeber that in over 20 years of her being an ivf nurse she said she is constantly surprised by womans bodies and how sometimes we will ovulate at cd 14 some times cd 7 sometimes cd22 nothing is ever a given. There is so much guessing. From the bottom of my heart i wish that this IS the month for you, Fingers crossed that you arent held up too much tommorow with waiting. I am so happy for you. you are going to be so busy over the next few days spcing up the love life. Have fun with it babe. Don't let it get mundane or boring. Even washing dishes can be sexy with the right apron and going commando and a bubble fight. Hehehehe. The sky is the limit! Don't forget kinky shoes.[
    FONT="Georgia"][/FONT]

Wow Paula that's great news for the IUI today, have fun BD over Easter....
    Belinda, OMG 2 more sleeps for you....how you feeling??
    Polly, 3 injections down!!! Look at us go.

Anyway hope you are all having a great Easter

Nicole,
    If there is one thing easy about this process its the injections. I had a big family lunch at my house yesterday and my sister who is 33 weeks pregnant said can i see one? I said well actually i havent done todays yet so you can watch if you want. So we giggled off sneakily to the bathroom. She was like "oh wow,it goes in so easily". And she said "Gee its big". I laughed and said how funny it was that those were the things that terrified me at the start. I said to her though honestly you do not feel it. Unless you hit a nerve then it stings like a mule,but i think i've only done that about 3 times. I had the weirdest dreams last night. I was out working on a farm and pashing two nameless faceless cowboys. Eww. No, not at the same time. But anyway. I rolled over this morning to df and i was like Ohhh its you. How embarrasing? The drugs have given me a few doozy headaches so far this cycle. Cant think of anything else to blame it on. Unless its because i HATE my new job. I have sent off 4 other job applications. Fingers crossed on that two. Geez may as well just cross everything at the moment-except the legs of course. I'm praying my heart out. Poor god must think;geez this woman-nagnagnagnag.

Hi Girls,

Good luck with IUI today Paula. How fantastic that your body has responded so well! Enjoy the BD this weekend!!!
    Nicole, I'm feeling ok, although keep thinking that Af will arrive any minute now. Been having some weird Af type aches and my BB's are a little bit sore, but again, most pg symptoms are like Af symptoms, so who knows!!!!
    With 2 more sleeps to go I am getting more and more anxious by the minute.
    Polly, I hate my job at the moment too. I have been thinking about looking for another, but do I really need the stress whilst undergoing AC? A few of my friends think it would be a good idea as it will keep my mind off things and then I may have some luck! Oh what to do........
    Hope you are enjoying your easter, this is the looooongest weekend I have ever experienced in my life and ordinarily I would be loving it, but not this time!!!!
    Belinda

Polly you totally crack me up from the kinky shoes and commando dish washing to the cowboys not being in your bed when you wake up... Your hillarious! Best of luck with your job applications.

I too agree that the injections look worse than they really are. DH actually thinks im a little weird because i really really looked forward to doing them every morning. Im having withdrawals at the moment cause i didnt get to do it this morning hahaha

BB73 i can only imagine how anxious you must be feeling.. I dont think i will contain myself the night before the test! Ill see how i go in two weeks time.

Well IUI was a breeze today. The nurse commented that it was a complete textbook procedure. She was suprised at how easily and quickly she got into the cervix. So now we have 17million scuba divers all looking for that egg. Hopefully one spots it and falls in love!! I have to also mention that ovulation was quite painful last night.. my left hand side was really sore all night I hope that in two weeks time i will be saying it was all worth it.

Have a great night everyone!

Polly, your dream is the type of dream you want to fall back to sleep and pick up where you left off ..."ohhh it's you"?!?!? Classic
    I was at my SIL last night for dinner and 6.10pm came around so DH and I hid downstairs and my niece followed. She's 10 and had a million questions to ask.
    She has decided to cross every part of her body and everything in her room that it happens for us this time.,,,,very cute
    I think the injections have to be the easiest part of this process, which is odd cause before starting that was what scared me most.
    Paula, I think the injections give you something active to do, like a role you can play...cause when the TWW comes around that's all you can do...is wait.
    I'm so glad that all the scuba divers are on board and hope they find that egg.
    Belinda, 2 sleeps for you...I really do hope that this weekend fly's past for you.
    for you BFP on Monday.

Happy Easter Sunday Girls!
    I'm starting to panic a little this afternoon. Started to get quite strong AF type pains and when I went to the loo there was the tiniest bit of mucusy blood on the paper (TMI I know) Had nothing since and the pains seem to have gone, but of course now I am having every doubt run through my head. Thank god it is only one more sleep to go!
    Hope you are all having a wonderful easter sunday and making yourselves sick with chocolate!!!
    Nicole, will see you tomorrow morning, can't wait to catch up!!!!!

Belinda just wanted to come in and tell AF she is officially banned from coming anywhere near you

Belinda,
    I'm crossing my fingers she(af) stays FAR away from you. There are lots of women to bug. Go somewhere else. I bet there is probably some poor teenager out there dying to get hers.Goodluck tommorow. Post as soon as you get your results.

Back away from Belinda AF....your not wanted!!
    Catch up with you tomorrow

Morning Ladies.
    Well blood test is done, but after meeting with Nicole for a chat, got home to find I had started to spot. So, it looks like it will be three strikes for the muskateers this cycle.
    But it's typical though, after having such a drama to get blood this morning for the witch to show her face afterwards!
    Should have a firm answer about 4pm today but I am at this stage expecting a BFN.
    Nicole, it was great to catch up with you this morning, I'm now going back to bed!
    Belinda

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast