Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC - First time IUI

Hey Polly, I too have a pack of HPT in the cupboard waiting for me but will try and stay strong and not test.
    Are your BB still sore? Mine aren't as bad as last week but still feel bruised.
    Other than that I feel the same.

Hmmm
    Nope sore boobs gone, but i do have an achey tummy... I keep going to the loo to check. This is going to be akiller the next few days. How unreal on you having a birthday party;thats brilliant!. and i bet you arent drinking-just in case.....

I know the loo run all to well, I go when I don't even need to...just to check.
    Sunday should be great to catch up with family and friends but like you said I'll probably keep away from the drinking just incase.

Hi Polly, I am a regular user of botox, but was told by my surgeon that he would not inject anyone who is trying to fall, or who are pregnant. There are not enough studies to show if there are any ill effects on the baby. It has been over 12 months since my last lot and I can see myself ageing more and more everyday. The minute I finish breast feeding I will be calling Dr for an appointment!!!

Because I am having the pregnyl injections (which are HCG) I have been told not to do a HPT as I will get a positive even if I'm not pregnant. I guess in a way it is good as it takes the stress out of deciding to test before the bloods. The other ****ty thing about the pregnyl is that it can cause some people to experience pregnancy like symptoms. But at this stage I'm not feeling anything.

Polly, I am a sales rep and spend most of my working day in my car, on my own. I have too much time to think about things!! It does my head in some times.

Nicole, I hope you enjoy your party on the weekend. I have given up drinking at this point, but you should be able to have one glass. A friend of mine was told by her GP the day she found out she was pregnant to go home and have a wine in celebration! I have a party to go to this saturday also. It is my girlfriend's 2 yo daughters. And there will be a lot of babies in attendence. Not sure how I will feel, but I am hoping all the baby germs will rub off on me!!! Then it's off to the footy - my beloved eels vs the Dogs!! I love football season, my husband thinks I grow balls in winter! I tend to stay home for 26 weekend in a row and watch every game of footy and my social life takes a nosedive. Good thing one of my best friends loves the game as much as me and also has a season pass to Parramatta Stadium otherwise I would be a complete social outcast!!!

Hey Polly im still around.. Still waiting for Af so nothing much to report thats why i havent been around but i am stalking all you lovely ladies and cant wait to read about all the BFP's!

Hello fellow musketeers, with only 4 sleeps to go the waiting finally made me crack at work today.
    Knowing you have to be patient when trying fertility treatment is logical, but logic is not helping me at all today.
    I feel like I put on this brave face and tell the world that if I keep busy I will convince myself that I am ok.
    In truth we all know that is a lie....
    Anyway sorry for the feeling sorry for myself speech.

Paula, glad to hear that you are still stalking.... that AF hurry's up for you so you can get started...
    Belinda, that must be a killer spending time on your own driving around with all your thoughts. I sit in front of a computer all day with and can log onto the net and read and read... it too does my head in
    Polly, ....only 5 more sleeps for you to go!!
    Cherie, hope your doing ok since AF. Is DH home yet?

Well Girls;
    Its all over for me. I got up this morning to be greated in full force with Af. Raging like there is no tommorow. I havent cried. I feel kind of numb. My first reaction was astonishe=ment(because i was so sure)then anger at my body for letting me down once again and having wasted all this damn money on fertility treatment.It sounds stupid and i don't mean to be too philosophical but is god trying to tell me to not tempt fate. I have two wonderful adorable healthy kids. Maybe enough is enough. I'm sure i could pickup more hours at work to keep me busy. This just isnt really the plan i had in mind. I see how much all of us would love another child. Even my older kids,11 and 8. In fact especially them, but really do i want to be having a baby at 38. I most certainly didnt want to be carrying a baby over the hottest months of the year and yet that would now seem likely. My fs was lovely and said i can imagine how hurt and disappointed you are and he even said he was sorry. Which i thought was beautiful. I told him i was having second thoughts. He said sleep on it and think it over. I still have a few days up my sleeve to think about things.I also said myself that i'm probably not thinking with the right part of my brain at the moment to go making decisions,so a couple of days should help. you girls know me a little now, what do you think i should do and how should i be feeling or viewing this situation. I really care for you girls you have been a wonderful support and i value your opinions deeply. Please tell me when you get your BFP's i will be so delighted for you and elated and honoured to share in your joy. At least i can drink on the weekend now.Heheheh

Oh Polly, I'm so sorry that she showed up
    Give yourself and your body some time, the hormones alone may be playing tricks on how you feel at the moment.
    It would be a comfort to have two beautiful healthy kids, but it's not wrong and I don't think you would be tempting fate to want to grow your family.
    Try and get some rest and treat yourself with anything that can help numb the pain.
    Take care of yourself and know that your musketeers are here for you

Polly, I am so, so sorry to hear AF paid you a visit. Nasty *****!!! I agree with Nicole, give yourself some time and get some rest. Have a few drinks and take your mind off the subject for a few days. You know that we will be here to support you whatever your decision may be.

Blood results back from today's progesterone test - 44, so have ovulated. Was a bit concerned that the level was so low but nurse assured me that it was ok. My levels are usually around this level on day 21 anyway.
    Nicole, are you having any symptoms?

Good Afternoon Lovelies,
    Well i have had a sleep on it. I didnt go to work today. Just needed some me/us time. The kids didnt go to school as the heat affects there asthma and today yet again its over 4o degrees. So they are home in the cool. It has been nice to have so many cuddles. I/we have decided that i /we still want this more than ever. I'm not ready to give up yet. Not by a long shot but i have more questions for my fs when i speak to him. Which will be this evening. He is one wonderful doctor. I hope you girls all have a wonderful weekend especially Nicole who is having a birthday. Have a fantastic weekend and fear not- i'll have a drink for you.!! Lets cross our fingers that you are abstaining form the alcohol because you ARE already pregnant. I really hope so,

Hey Belinda, great to hear that you did O....now the waiting game continues...
    As for any symptoms, my bb are not as sore as what they were for the past few days, and my lower back AF pains have also gone.
    I did a test today which was not a good idea...it was a BFN, I rang the clinic and spoke to a nurse and she said it would be too early to show...so 3 more sleeps and the waiting will be over.
    How about you, any symptoms?

How you feeling today Polly?

Feeling not too bad. Still sad, still shocked and disheartened. But this will happen. I am positive. I am not ready to quit yet. I still want this so very much. so back on the band wagon for me. Need to call Melbourne IVF in the morning. Then collect my gonal-f. So i can get right back into it. I'm so sorry chicky that you got a bfn; i sincerely hope its just cause its to early. Have a incredible weekend.

Hi Girls,

Polly, I am so glad that you have decided to keep trying. I know how you feel though, every month when AF arrived I would chuck a tanty and tell my DH that I was sick of everything and I would never have kids and how it was so unfair considering two of my friends up until 2 years ago swore they would never have kids by choice and then over night decided they wanted to and got pregnant straight away!!! Then a day or so after I would realise what an idiot I had been and get on with it. But I do have to say that as each month passes with a BFN I become more and more demotivated in my life, both work and private. I hope the FS has some answers for you this evening.
    Nicole, no symptoms for me yet, a few little twinges but other than that nothing. Even if I did have symptoms I can't rely on those as the pregnyl injections may have something to do with it. I did my second injection today and again hurt like hell. Had a little cry to myself and then ate chocolate (which won't do my arse any favours!!)
    Hope you both have a wonderful weekend and Happy Birthday Nicole!!! I will probably be offline for most of the weekend so I just want to wish you the very best of luck now Nicole, for your blood test. to you.

Hey ladies, this cycle is over for me too.
    AF started today, not very heavy as yet so that is a good thing.
    Had a cry today to my SIL, it's silly to think that I could be lucky first time...it just doesn't make sense?!?! The cycle went really well, injections were not so bad, no side effects, bloods tests all good, US all good, swimmers were like a small army.... I just don't understand??
    I'm still going for my blood test on Monday and DH and I will go ahead with another back to back cycle if FS gives the all clear.
    next time we get a BFP

Hope you all have a great weekend, and thanks for your Birthday wishes

Ohh Nicole,
    Hunny I am so sorry that you bummed out as well. We can still cross our fingers for Belinda: and Paula when she starts on her journey. Maybe we were both ni'ave to think it would be that easy. I have spoken to my fs and we start again on day 6. I asked him how long is it recommended we do iui; he said we can try another 3 then if i want we can do icsi.Big bucks $$$$. I do hope though Belinda that you had a lovely weekend and a really nice birthday eventhough it didnt fullfill all your dreams.Just the same i look foward to sharing another cycle with my muskateer buddies.

Nicole, I am so sorry to hear AF arrived.:hugs: And for your birthday, just not fair. Great to hear that you will go back to back with the cycles. As they say, when you fall off the horse you gotta get straight back on!!! I guess when you finally start treatment you automatically think this is it, this time it will work. I thought that to begin with, but I have to say today I have been having a few little crampy sensations. I am trying to ignore it as it could be the pregnyl. God I hate the mind games!!!!!! And to top it off my best friend gave birth to her first baby today. I'm extremely happy for her, but on the other hand just a little jealous and I had a little cry in the shower to myself. I still have a week to go until my blood test so I am sure I will be a basket case by the weekend. My DH has a huge weekend plannned to help keep my mind off everything, starting with a KISS concert. Nothing like watching a bunch of old farts in high heels and makeup jumping around on stage to lift the spirits!!!!!!!!!
    I am sure that next cycle will be the one for you and Polly and I have all bits crossed for the both of you.

Well i have officially started my cycle. First injection this morning at it was easy peasy! I was a little hesitant thinking that it might sting or hurt but it was fine. I even did it all myself lol

I have to admit that i am really hopeful that this first cycle will work. I know that a few ladies in here havent been successful and then wish they hadnt been so hopeful. Is it wrong for me to have some sort of hope that it will work first go? You see, i have always in the past been such a pessimist person and always real regative about things. But after a few issues in my personal life late last year, i have changed lots and have become a lot more positive and confident within myself so i guess i am staying really positive about this whole journey too. I do know that there is a chance it might not work and im not in denial or whatever you want to call it but should i be planning for the worst and not being so positive? Is it common for the first cycle to not work?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast