1234513 ...

thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #4

Jul 2006
    Melbourne

Hey all,

Officially back but not on Clomid or Met. Have FS appt on Tuesday to go ahead with superovulation.

Shan - Sorry to hear about you Uncle.

Liz - Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day

Kris - PMSL @ your drive through story
    Sorry for lack of persies

Oct 2009
    In a House in a Street

Oh Rhichichi that sucks. Are they going to do any testing for you?

Jun 2010
    Sydney

Jules, there are simply no words to express you how sorry I am to hear this, just know that there is plenty of support in here for you hun. It's just horrible :-(
    Wishing you lots and lots of luck with the superovulation, I really hope that your time for a sticky bub is just around the corner.

Huge huge hugs!!

Aug 2009
    The South East, South Australia

Rhi i don't think i sent you nearly enough hugs before, so here are some more

Apr 2009
    Melbourne

Jules- I'm so sad to hear of your loss. Hopefully your FS can give you some support during your Superovulation cycle. I know how sad you must be, and dissapointed, and I can only offer my support. humungous :hugs: to you and your family.

Liz- Hope you had a great b'day!

Shan- sorry to hear about your uncle, that's aweful. Hugs to you and your family.

Porsche- how you going? Have you had your follie scan yet?

AFM: Just found out one of my good friends has terminal cancer, so I'm a little miffed at the world. It does put things in perspective for me though, as much as I want another bub, I want to enjoy my life in the process. I just need to not let TTC control my whole life (becasue it doe currently!).
    I'll catch up later, I gotta go to rehearsal,
    Bec

Oct 2009
    In a House in a Street

Hi Ladies

Bec - Yes had the scan this morning. As I had a stuff up with my injections for the last 3 days he's upped my dose. All is on track though. EPU is still looking like Friday but could be a possibility of Monday.

I have another scan on Tuesday and make the call then. I'll be more excited then I think.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. That is very sad news. It certainly put things into perspective.
    Last edited by Porsche; July 30th, 2010 at 10:45 AM.

Apr 2009
    Melbourne

Friday 30th July
    BECNXAVI CD6
    MISS KRIS CD8
    SHANSHAN CD28
    PORSCHE CD11
    EPAYNE waiting for AF
    CLAMGEE CD33
    BUMBUMG waiting to begin cycle
    RISRIS waiting to begin cycle

let me know if I'm out of whack!

this month: Hope, Ahurani & Pumpgirl!

Graduates of this thread recently: MezMoz, Tammara, Keli
    2010 from this thread: Porsche, RhiChiChi, Becnxavi

Jun 2010
    Sydney

Bec - I am really sorry to hear about your friend and yes, life is too short, so we need to enjoy every single day. In saying that we all have our tough days / weeks / months.

Porsche - Great news everything is on track, FX it keeps going that way & you get that BFP this month. Good luck for Tuesday hun.

Have a good weekend everyone, I am off to sunny qld !!

Aug 2009
    The South East, South Australia

Hi Ladies,

Its been a bit quiet in here!

Rhi- Good Luck with the Superovulation! I hope that it works for you! (Sorry if this is a bit personal) but do you know why you keep m/c? Could your body being doing something it shouldn't??

Bec- Sorry to hear about your friend, DH lost a friend to cancer and while ago and it was very heartbreaking! Its the most horrible thing ever!

Porsche - Good Luck with your appointments!!

Pump Girl - Have fun in QLD! I am so jealous!! Yesterday it was 6.5 degrees here all day!! Brrrrrr!

Ahruani - How are you going? Any symptoms yet??

AFM - DH and I had a talk last night and he has banned me from buying OPKs because i can never get a postive (even when i do ovulate lol) and they are a waste of money! lol And then we talked about the temping and how im losing sleep over it atm because i am waking up at odd hours and the clomid is making me have really crap sleeps with bad dreams etc!! So we have decided on this round of the clomid i will not temp either! I put my thermomoter in my bedside draw and we are going el natural! lol!
    I feel better this morning not obsessing over temps etc.

I have not had much SE this round with the clomid, except for the tears, and the hot flushes (tried to strip off in target before lol) and i have learnt how to hold onto my angry mood swings, though it does give me a tension head ache! lol
    Ok so i am still getting SE, i am just better at managing them this time around!!

Anyway, time to go do some work ... if i can find some! I am very ahead atm!
    Sorry if i missed anyone in the persies!
    Last edited by miss kris; July 30th, 2010 at 02:56 PM. : spelling error :P

Oct 2009

Hi everyone
    Seems like there's a lot of sadness going around just now on here. It does put things into perspective though.
    Rhi - what is superovulation?
    Bec - looks like i'm leading the longest cycle this month!

AFM....nothing to report here. Progest results were very low this month 1.5 - which is rubbish! CD 33. Partner is due to hand in another sample of his little guys. How come it seems so difficult for him to organise time off work and do the deed, when I just go along and show off my bits and get things poked and prodded without any hassle! Rant over. I think FS is arranging for a procedure for me which involves putting dye through my bits... I know it has a fancy name but can't pronounce or spell it! I think the 2 WW takes forever, although I can never tell when I ovulate anyway so I probably think the 2WW is actually closer to a month.
    Anyway, moan over. Heading to get my hair done this afternoon. Hopefully should perk up my mood.
    Hope you are all well.
    Claudette x

Jan 2008

Miss kris: yes lots off all day sickness, ive only vomited once though, very sore boobies, constipated, tired

How is everyone going?

Jul 2006
    Melbourne

Hey all,

Had to work today, so sorry I haven't been on earlier

Oh Rhichichi that sucks. Are they going to do any testing for you?
    We are going to ask about it on Tuesday. I want recurring m/c testing but not sure if they do it there or not.

Jules- I'm so sad to hear of your loss. Hopefully your FS can give you some support during your Superovulation cycle. I know how sad you must be, and dissapointed, and I can only offer my support. humungous :hugs: to you and your family.

AFM: Just found out one of my good friends has terminal cancer, so I'm a little miffed at the world. It does put things in perspective for me though, as much as I want another bub, I want to enjoy my life in the process. I just need to not let TTC control my whole life (becasue it doe currently!).
    I'll catch up later, I gotta go to rehearsal,
    Bec
    Thanks hun. We'll see how we go on Tuesday. I need to do some research but have limited time atm.

Terribly sorry to hear about your friend. It certainly puts alot into perspective. How old is she?

Porsche - Best of luck for Tuesday my fingers are crossed, as well as my toes

Hi Ladies,

Its been a bit quiet in here!

Rhi- Good Luck with the Superovulation! I hope that it works for you! (Sorry if this is a bit personal) but do you know why you keep m/c? Could your body being doing something it shouldn't??

AFM - DH and I had a talk last night and he has banned me from buying OPKs because i can never get a postive (even when i do ovulate lol) and they are a waste of money! lol And then we talked about the temping and how im losing sleep over it atm because i am waking up at odd hours and the clomid is making me have really crap sleeps with bad dreams etc!! So we have decided on this round of the clomid i will not temp either! I put my thermomoter in my bedside draw and we are going el natural! lol!
    I feel better this morning not obsessing over temps etc.

I have not had much SE this round with the clomid, except for the tears, and the hot flushes (tried to strip off in target before lol) and i have learnt how to hold onto my angry mood swings, though it does give me a tension head ache! lol
    Ok so i am still getting SE, i am just better at managing them this time around!!

Anyway, time to go do some work ... if i can find some! I am very ahead atm!
    Sorry if i missed anyone in the persies!
    I think egg quality is an issue, which reading on the BB forum can be helped by diet & exercise. So back into the swing of things this weekend.......

I found using OPK's & temping messed with my head a bit. Just DTD in the times & hopefully you will catch that egg, GL

Claudette - It is similar to IUI but I don't think they wash to sperm, just insert it in - IYKWIM. I have another appt on Tuesday to find out the whole ins & outs of it all, so will fill you in then

2011 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Jun 2009
    queensland

Oh Rhi at least they are starting you again on your journey, that way hopefuly it won't be long till you get another BFP.

Big hugs coming your way Bec, that is so sad about your friend. And yes I believe life is too short to think what if, live everyday as it comes, not in the past.

Kris, I wasn't doing the temping thing as of the sleepless nights, and I never got into that part. The OPK tests, I did last cycle, but I'm not this one, as I know when I need to DTD as I will be having a trigger shot.

Ahurani just keep thinking positive about why you are feeling that way

Sorry if missed anyone, just doing a short one today, before I go out food shopping. Nothing to report about me, still taking provera and will stop on sunday night, then the wait for AF starts. Thanks for all the birthday wishes, I had a fantastic day and got very spoilt.

Apr 2009
    Melbourne

Jules, you are I seem to have a similar problem. all of my m/c have been just on or just over 5 weeks, and I've been thinking about egg quality myself. Do you know if they check egg quality if you do IVF? GL for Tuesday, I hope they are proactive and can give you some answers. My FS ordered my recurrent m/c testing, and a saline ultrasound. YOu can go to the recurrent m/c clinic at the royal women's I've heard, you just need to be referred by someone (GP/FS).

Thanks everyone for you kind words about my friend. She is in her 50's and she's been like a mum to me over the past 10 years (I lost my mum when I was 14, also to cancer). She threw my kitchen tea for me, and made my wedding veil, paid for me to get a spray tan and my hair coloured a few days before my wedding as a surprise, all of those nice things that nice people do, I guess. She just doesn't dserve this, but then who does?

I'll come back for other persies later, I gotta get DS to swimming,
    Bec

Jun 2010
    Adelaide, South Australia

Hi Ladies,
    Sounds like everyone needs a huge hug. My brothers best friend of the last 20 years passed away last week from a stroke His funeral was a couple days ago. My heart goes out to anyone who has lost a close family friend/relative suddenly like this.

Hope - I had bleeding with my first pg through to 18 weeks, chin up sweety its more common in healthy pg than you could imagine. FX for good news.

Regarding the "Are you pregnant yet?" from everyone whilst ttc, so many times I felt like jumping down the throats of these people screaming "If we try any harder we would never leave the bedroom, you intrusive, ignorant, rude sack of s**t!" But all I could muster civilly was "We dont want children yet" Its easier to not go there with every person I spoke to on a day-to-day basis.

AFM - I have been in superwoman mode all week. The company I work for moved this week and its been crazy, packing up 12 years of files and equipment was hell and I am so glad I have a day off to recover and spend with the family. Still waiting on AF, fashionably late as usual!

Apr 2010
    Tropical Far North Qld

Hey ladies!

Just popping into ur thread.. Ive got a question that hopefully u guys can help me with.. actually i have a couple. First have any of u noticed whilst being on clomid that around O time u get really sore and tender in ur lower pelvic area?? Im not really sure where my ovaries are but Im assuming its them that are sore?? Its basically the whole way across tho.. I noticed it last cycle too. Is it normal?? I start thinking i have that overstimulation thing happening but i dont feel bloated or anything.

My second question is.. This is my 5th cycle of clomid, I started in Nov last year.. the 1st one i did I was a bit oblivious as to when i wld O so we missed it altogether, the 2nd round I fell pg but sadly m/c'ed, the 3rd was 4 months after the m/c but i had progesterone pills to bring on af then i took the clomid but my hormones must have been all stuffed up cos i bled the whole way thru O time, last cycle we didnt fall pg and now there will be this cycle.. (FX it happens this time tho) I know the gyno told me when he prescribed them to me that if nothing happens after 5 cycles then stop taking them cos obviously there not doing the job.. but i did get pg after the 2nd cycle so im not sure if i shld continue taking them or if there are bad side effects of prolonged use?? Have u guys heard of any problems?? The reason I am on clomid is because after taking the bcp for 8 yrs my body got lazy and wldnt do what it was meant to do! Im a bit scared to stop taking it incase my body still hasnt learnt how to O by itself! But i dont want to risk getting any bad side effects if i continue to stay on it.. my gyno gave me 5 repeats for it which equals 10 cycles.. not sure if he meant to tho?!

Thankyou so much!

I hope it all makes sense.. i do have a habit of rambling a bit!

Oct 2009
    In a House in a Street

Hi Reet

When I was on clomid the first couple of times I did have that pelvic pain you are describing. You won't overstim because clomid isn't a FSH where it produces multiple follies. You may produce a couple but not what FSH is designed to do.

Did you have a natural cycle after your M/C? I found after mine I had a natural cycle where I did in fact O naturally. I've had the same bleeding that you have had after my M/C for the last 2 cycles thankfully this cycle (IVF) I haven't had that bleeding.

I've done a total of 8 cycles of clomid and had no side effects other than the normal moods, hot flushes etc...

The reason they like you to do 4 cycles on clomid is because if you haven't gotten UTD by then your not going to and you need to look at more agressive treatments and/or investigations like a HSG or Lap. In saying that though I fell UTD on my 7th cycle (cycle after lap which resulted in M/C) so it can happen.

I think it is up to you and your Dr as to how many cycles you are prepared to do.

Apr 2009
    Melbourne

HI Reet,
    I agree with Porsche- I have bad lower ab pain around o time. Actually it's the way I gauge when I am 'o'ing. The chances of hyperstimulating on clomid are very low as Porsche said.

I found myself in the same boat as you regarding how long to take clomid. I have now done 10 or 11 cycles (I've lost count) and I have fallen pregnant 3 times and m/c each. There are a few risks to staying on clomid long term: thinner lining making implantation harder, poor quality CM etc, which is why the suggest moving on with something else after 5 or 6 cycles. I was like you, and argued that it was obviously working, but unless the pg is sustained they count it as a non event (heartbreaking but true). There are other options available to you which might work better for you.

GL with your decision. Talk to your FS about it, and he might suggest giving it 2 or 3 more rounds. The choice is, in the end, your to make based on the info you are given.

Sorry to ramble on, but it hope the info helps!

Bec

1234513 ...