Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ April 2006 #2

Percy Guest

Cherie - that sounds terrible! Hope you are doing ok!

Aleida - welcome and good luck with your journey! I used to go to Melbourne IVF before I moved to NZ - I thought they were very nice! If we have to do IVF I'll be back over there to do it

Well my blood test came back normal - so thankfully I can keep on taking the metformin. My FS over here is very very cautious - some what too much! - and is very much a go slow dr which is very very frustrating. In Australia the next step we were going to do was the gonal F injections but this dr thinks we should just try metformin on its own for a bit as I managed to get pregnant (though I m/c) on my own. I really feel like I've slid down a big huge ladder and am right abck at the beginning again.

Anyways we just have to wait and see if I ovulate this cycle - if I do then I'm to keep on with the metformin on its own - and if I don't then I'm going to go back to my good old pal, clomid Blurgh he's a horrible "friend"!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful relaxing weekend!

janee Guest

Hi all, I haven't posted in a long time, and being the other "jane" I thought it would confuse people...but I'd like to join in if that's OK with everyone... we are doing our 1st IVF cycle, with blastocyst....I'm on day 12 and looks like Monday, Tues or Wed next week will be egg collection...I'm very, very nervous about the whole thing, and excited at the same time. DH and I have unexplained infertility and after 3 inject cycles, we've decided to bite the bullet and go for it - IVF that is. My prayers are with everyone that we all hit the jackpot this month! I look forward to chatting and getting the wonderful support and advise you all offer. Thanks
    Jane - IVF first timer

Hi girls, well to make next week more crazy, not only do we have our first ivf appointment on Tuesday, I just found out I have got a second interview for the job i went for on wednesday, i am meeting with the principal of the school on monday night, have ivf appoint on tuesday and we are booked into crown towers on saturday night for my birthday. Anyway in relation to our first appointment a couple of you mentioned tests, i have had the usual pre pregnancy tests done, rubella, i needed a shot and have since been retested and i am fine, also a pap smear, my dp had a vas revers in december and it seems to have not worked he has had numerous sperm tests since so that is why we have been referred i have not been through a battery of tests, can anyone let me know what tests i may be in for. I have all of tuesday off, which i am looking forward to. Oh well the weekend is nearly here,
    Aleida, sounds like we could be going through Ringwood about the same time, will be good to have someone to compare notes with, we are actually seeing the dr at ringwood also
    well must go

Shellendo- Although it is not nice that we have to go down the IVF path it is nice to know there are other people out there in the same boat. I am a little bit excited to have things moving closer to our life long dream. I have my nurses appointment on Wed and see the counselor on Thur and I will keep you updated on how things go from there. I hopefully don't have to have many tests done as I have previously gone through a number of tests. I had a levivist done Dec 2004 to check the tubes etc and nothing. So far I have been catagorised as having unexplained infertility. Hopefully we will both find success soon.

Talk to you soon

Love Linda

Megan - oops .. sorry about the PM I have cleaned out my inbox now, so there should be lots of room lol. As far as I know, I just keep taking the Puregon + Synarel while I wait for my EPU date.
    I'm glad you're feeling confident with your Dr now .. I'm sure everything is going to go just fine for you.

Percy - glad to hear that your blood test results were good. I hope all this 'go slow' stuff either results in a bfp, or goes by quickly

Janee - welcome back! Of course you can join in. Wow - so early next week is the big day. I hope you're able to relax a bit over the weekend, so that you're not so nervous anymore.

Shellendo - OMG your week is going to be very busy next week. You won't have time to sit down and think! But seems like lots of good things are happening for you though.

Linda - good luck for your appointments next week

I dropped my Puregon dose today, but my ovaries are still pretty tender though. And I'm booked in for a scan on Monday morning (at 6.40am :eek, so I'm not sure what will happen after that.

This may be TMI, but has anyone else experienced a huuuuuge increase in EWCM while they're using the Puregon? I've never had anything like it ... if I got EWCM like this normally, I'd probably have no need for IVF lol.

KBaby06 Guest

Unhappy

How's everyone going on the BFP Express?

Haven't felt much like posting the past few days, very irritable... and want to stay positive if thats at all possible!

Started spotting a bit yesterday and today... sorry if this is tmi but not on the knicker liner only when I wipe? Not sure what that means... also cramping, bloated and feel like crap! Hoping that its not the evil af anouncing an early arrival! Temp is still up so am hopeful that maybe we caught the egg after all

Leis, especially want to wish you all the best for your surgery next Wednesday.

cheers
    Kate

Hi Girls

Cherie you can get a huge increase in EWCM with the puregon. Depending on your scan on Mon Bob will either book your EPU or more likely arrange another scan for a couple of days after that. Hope all is going well. The early morning appts are killers aren't they!! And now that it's getting so cold!! this is your cycle
    Shez xox

Thanks Shez Nice to know that I'm progressing normally lol.
    I hope everything is still going well with your bump - I think of you every time I sit in Bob's waiting room, hoping that you left some babydust on the seats lol.

Kate - I hope your spotting doesn't amount to anything, and your temp stays nice and high. Keeping everything crossed for you hun.

~Jane~ Guest

Hi all

Good to have some more company in here, although I wish we all got to know each other under different circumstances.

Cherie - I have got everything crossed for you this month, I hope those tender ovaries have lots of healthy eggs, and that things aren't too uncomfortable for you

Kate - I hope you are still hanging in there on the BFP express

Shell - good luck on Tuesday with Lyndon, I hope it goes well

Janee - welcome back and goodluck next week, I am sure we'll work out who is who either that or we can think of a good nickname for me, I have never really had one

Percy - I am glad to have helped a little and glad that you are feeling less stressed about everything

Leis - not long to go now, gosh it will be good to have it over and done with

Chookie & Shan - how are you both, I scrolled down but couldn't see you in the last couple of posts

Me - well AF is almost upon me so I am out for another month, have terrible cramps so I know she will be here by the end of the day. Only two more cycles until I see the new FS so hopefully time will fly, with the amount of Uni work I have I don't think I will have to hope too hard, this year is flying along already. I am having some acupuncture on Wednesday night for the period pain and PMS, just so that I can keep on top of it all in the mean time.

Hope everyone is going well.

janee Guest

Hi all, thanks for the welcome. I shall do personals I promise, but I'm in a rush today, so making it quick.....just wanted to check in w everyone and say thankyou for letting me join back in. We are going in for egg collection Monday - very very early......well at least it doesn't give me all morning to get nervous about it. Fingers and toes and everything else crossed. There were 14 follicles at scan yesterday so here's hoping! Best wishes to everyone
    janee

Ohh, best of luck for tomorrow's EPU Janee I'll be up early too, for my scan, so I'll send some positive babydusty thoughts your way.

How are you doing Jane? Did AF show up yesterday? I feel so sad for you hun :hugs:

Thank goodness my poor little ovaries are feeling better now. I think dropping the dosage of puregon really helped, but now I'm freaking out that because I can't feel anything, it means that nothing is happening in there, and I am imagining my scan tomorrow showing no follicles have developed at all. I know I'm being ridiculous ... just can't help myself

Janee, good luck on your first EPU, I'm sure all will go well with you.

Cherie, on my first I didn't feel that much & for a minute second thought they'd gone, of course not though. I got a good haul.

Good luck ladies, and to all you other on your 'virgin voyage'.
    Hoping for lots of success.

Hi ladies

Just wanted to say a final 'cheerio' before i make the pilgrammage down to Sydney tomorrow.... the big operation is on wednesday first on the list so will probably be around a 530 arrival at the hospital.. I hope when I return there are heaps and heaps of BFPs about.... we need some more graduates.. will check in sometime next week.. love to you all and good luck

Love Leis xx

jori Guest

hi all. well i thought i would join you all. i am currently on metformin and clomid. today is cd22. i have been reading through the posts for awhile now and i can't tell you how much it helps. i feel there is actually people out there that understand how i feel. anyway keeping my fingers crossed for everyone including myself.

Percy Guest

Leis - best of luck for your op! I hope they get all your endo this time so you can get a BFP!

Good luck to everyone who is having an EPU this week!

Jori - welcome! How are you finding the metformin? What dose are you on? Is this your first cycle of clomid and met together? Hope you tummy isn't too bad!!!

Hi Girls,

Sorry i've been MIA but i've been working for my Mum for the last two weeks, but that's all over now and life is getting back to normal. I've spent half of this morning catching up on housework and stuff and the other half catching up on all the goss on here.

Thank you everyone who asked after me....i tried to get on over the last few weeks, but time got the better of me. I'm soooo not used to working full time anymore, so my routines were all out of whack.

I'll start my personals etc from my next post as it would probably take me at least 3 pages to get to everyone. DH asked me what i was up to this afternoon and all i could say was that i HAD to catch up with my BB friends...hehehe...he actually said 'okay..have fun'...

A big welcome to all the newbies in here.

Leis - best of luck with you operations...fingers crossed they get it all out and you can finally get going with making babies...i'll be thinking about you on Wednesday.

Have a great Day everyone....and it's sooooo goood to be back.

janee Guest

Hi all, still a bit whacked out from this morning's EPU...so sorry again for no personals...I went out like a light. Got 8 eggs in the end....I don't know whether to be happy or disappointed???? is 8 OK???? anyway, back at home, resting up and keeping everything crossed for a good fertilisation rate.
    Love to all
    Jane

Hey Janee .. glad to hear that your EPU went off without any dramas. I hope you're getting some good rest, and sending lots of fertilising vibes to your eggie

Shan - IKWIM about full-time work interrupting your BB routine I never feel like I can keep up with everyone as much as I'd like to.

Welcome Jori - glad you've decided to come out of hiding. I hope things are going well with your clomid and metformin. Did you have a CD21 blood test yesterday?

Leis - big hugs to you sweets, and I'll be thinking of you as you have your op. I hope Dr Cooper does a fantastic job, so that you can jump back into your TTC journey.

Well, I had my scan this morning ... all my worrying was for nothing! There was about 5-6 follicles on each ovary, about 15mm in size. Bob said that my last blood test had showed that I was on the verge of ovarian hyperstimulation, so no wonder I was feeling so crap a few days ago! I've felt much better since my dosage was dropped.

My EPU has been booked in for Friday morning, and my transfer next Monday, so it's all starting to happen now. DH has arranged to take Friday off, so that he can drive me home afterwards.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast