Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ April 2006 #2

janee Guest

Hi all -
    Cherie - hope the trigger shot went OK...they sting don't they??? I have to psych myself up for them.
    Hi to everyone else - hope the day if fairing well for you all.

Me - well we have 5 embies left - 2 didn't divide at all, which the embryologist said was unusual. 2 are Grade 1's (being the best) and 3 are Grade 3-s - but 2 are looking like getting to the next stage of development....so we have something to transfer on Saturday. Are these OK odds????? Sushee you would know, being such an experienced IVFer????
    Feeling nervous and worried and hopeful all at the same time.
    Janee

baby_love Guest

Hi All,

Hope everyone is keeping well......
    I just returned from my U/S and was told I have 1 follicle on the Left at "21" one on the Right at "20" and numerous others ranging from "12" to "8" ?????
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing??? I'm kind of guessing they will not do an EPU for only 2.
    Sushee - you seem to be full bottle on all this stuff - what are your thoughts??
    I will get my results from the clinic this pm but was wondering if anyone had any ideas about this at the Moment??

Love Alex

Hi to everyone,

Well my husband and I had our first meeting with the nurses yesterday and today we have a meeting with the councilors. I am hoping we can start with the de regulation phase next next month. I am currently on day 25 so AF is due any day. It would have been nice if I was surprised with a pregnancy this month but I was a bit crampy yesterday so I don't see it as a good sign. I find after reading up about the process I am now starting to understand what everyone is talking about but I am sure if I have any questions there will be someone who can help me.

There seems to be a few people who are in the middle of their IVF journey so I wish all of you lots of success and hopefully it will be me soon aswell.

Love Linda

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

janee,

it's normal to have a couple of embies lag behind, or even lose some of them. You would be aiming for about 40-50% of your embryos to go to blast, and likely not all of these will be top grade, so having 2 grade 1 embryos at this stage is excellent. One of these two would be the likely contender for transfer (keeping in mind that Hollywood will only transfer one blast), with maybe a few of the others perhaps making it for freezing. With blast transfers, having a grade 1 blast to transfer is a resounding success! Think of it that way!

Alex, the clinic may try to get to a point where you have as many eggs as possible that are uniform in size, ie about 18-20mm. They may let those two dominant ones overcook with the view to collecting when the smaller ones are more mature. Alternatively, they may conclude that those two dominant ones present as the best quality eggs and decide to pick those up now. The last scenario, unfortunately, is for them to suggest not continuing with this cycle, but your Dr will discuss this with you and you should make a decision like that together. Will you be contacting the clinic this arvo for instructions? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you my sweet!

Linda, yay on starting soon. Still, if AF hasn't arrived, there may be hope you won't need to start at all!

love
    sushee

janee Guest

Thanks Sushee for your wonderful wisdom and advice. I really appreciate all the support. It's also great being able to chat to people who know what I'm talking about. I have some wonderful friends, a few of whom know what we're going through, but without living it, I don't think anyone can truly understand. It's so weird, I remember logging onto this site back in September last year, and I didn't understand a word anyone was on about, talking about EPU's, down reg cycles, frosties and all the other lingo...how quickly things change!

Janee

baby_love Guest

Hi Sushee,

Thank you for you reply - I did not realize that they could even let some "overcook". You learn something new here everyday
    Yes I will be contacting the clinic this arvo and go from there - I just hate all this waiting around business. Hmmmm guess I'll have to keep busy by doing all my washing that's piled up - yuck!!!!!
    Chat soon
    Love Alex

hi girls, well we had our first meeting with dr fox on tuesday and i was a little disappointed when we got home as basically he gave us heaps to read and said go home and then make another appointment in the next couple of weeks and then we will get started, i was a little frustrated as felt i had read absolutley everything i could get my hands on, but we did go and have blood tests adn i had an ultrasound, i am also still waiting to hear whether i got the job or not, which is just another major change going on, anyway hoping to get back to see dr fox monday af started today so i really want to have everything ready to go next cycle good luck to all those awaiting transfer or removal
    michelle

Michelle, I am sorry to hear that things are not moving as quickly as you would like. I am seeing the councilor today and I am so hoping that they say I can start once my next cycle starts. The wait is hard. I had someone tell me the other day that I should be more patient and should take a few months off from trying as there must be a reason for why I am not falling pregnant. I was so frustrated. Some people just don't understand that all we want is to be pregnant and have a successful pregnancy. I just wish that they would be supportive. Thankfully we have a lovely group to talk to here.

I hope that you get some more answers next week. Maybe ask him straight out when you can start with the process.

Lots of Love Linda

Percy Guest

Just a curious question, when they cancel an IVF cycle due to only having one or two follicles maturing, what happens to the follciles? Do they mature and release eggs on their own or not?

Thanks!

~Jane~ Guest

Hi everyone

Michelle - did you see Dr Fox at MIVF, I thought you were going to see Dr hale and have been hanging out to hear what you thought of him, I must have had my wires crossed. Gosh it is frustrating though isn't it.

Janee and Cherie - how are you both going, still sending you both lots of postive vibes

Aleida - Don't people say the weirdest things, their advice didn't even make sense, I hope you let that one go to the wickett keeper (as my Dad would say)

I hope everyone else is well

Jane - Initially it bothered me as I thought I had made the right decision to go on IVF. I also think I am coping the best that I can after a miscarriage but like you said I had to put her comments behind me and focus on my husband and myself and do what is right for us. It is funny how usually it is the people who have a healthy baby at home who have the most to say.

I am looking forward to this next step and hope that it brings us closer to success.

I want all of us to be pregnant by the end of the year.

Love Linda

Hi Jane,
    yes i know originally we thought we were being booked in to see Dr hale, but when we rang to confirm our appointment it was with Dr Fox, this was possibly because he sees paitents at a clinic in ringwood and is also based in croydon which is close to home, at this stage he seems fine, very through with his explanations, as i don;t have anything to compare him to it is a bit hard to judge.
    Linda i know what you mean about the being paitent i am being told that from so many people for so many reasons at the moment i have really had enough, it is funny as i am a teacher and the parents i deal with always tell me they don;t know how i can be so paitent with the kids that i teach, so i think i have used up all my paitence with my students as i really have very little if any for other things at the moment
    good luck with the rest of your appointments this week
    michelle

baby_love Guest

Hi Girls/Sushee,

Just got my results back from the Clinic:
    Oestrogen Level is at 3100 (yay Shushee, how right were you - what a jump from 810!!!)
    Progesterone is at 1.4 and I have 10 Follicles nicely developing - so off for another blood tomorrow morning. Rather happy about this result as I had not really expected it after this morning's U/S. Will keep you posted.
    Thanks again Sushee - you should look at starting your own clinic LOL
    Love Alex

Ok here is what has been happening in lil_chookie world:

I closed my shop down. It just hit me last week since I have had that shop I have had far too much time to stress & think about TTC. I started that shop because I was putting my life on hold for a baby to come. I reached the point where I was just sitting there each day waiting for a baby to come that is not coming. My DH has been so supportave and is really happy with my decision. I have 6 months left to pay on the lease but that is okay, a small price to pay for happiness.

I had an interview today for job I really want and I am sitting here waiting for my phone to ring to find out if I get a second interview at the actual company (went the recruitment company today). I feel really good, I am moving forward. We are still TTC for a couple more months before our break but I feel much more relaxed about things. I have my computer back at home and I have set it up in front of my big window so I look out to the hills while I am sitting here talking to you lovely ladies!!

Cherie - She Oak Bush flower essence is to enhance fertility & help to deal with any emotional bloackages you might have. Mind you it's 60% brandy!!! Eight drops under the tounge in the morning & 8 at night.

xox

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Yay Alex, excellent news! See? We worry when often our bodies are doing all the right things!

Percy, I think you do ovulate if your cycle is cancelled. I'll have to read up on that! I had one cycle cancelled (only 3 small follies could be seen) and I suppose that once I stopped the Lucrin it's possible my body went on to eventually release those eggs...

I guess I didn't have any interest in whther I O'ed or not coz I can't fall pg naturally. But you've stumped me, so now I must find out! Lol!

Lil-chookie - sorry to hear about the closing of your shop, but i know exactly how hard it is trying to run a business and do the whole TTC thing at the same time...that's why i can't wait to get out of our shop. Only a few more weeks to go (not that i'm counting....yeah right...not much!!! LOL)

Good luck with the job. Hope you get that second interview.

janee Guest

Good morning all - hope you are all well.
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their support....we have the suspense of the next 24 hrs whether we've got an embie to blast or not tomorrow. I'm going to try to not ruminate on it (ha - like that's gonna happen)....anyway, take care everyone...

Janee

~Jane~ Guest

Janee - good luck for tomorrow, we're all here thinking of you, sending lots of sticky vibes, baby dust and every other type of positive cyber - vibe I can

Shell - glad I am not going mad LOL, it's hard when you don't know what a good FS and what isn't. I personally compared my orignal FS to my gynea. Over the years I have had a few gyneas as I was diagnosed with endo back in 1993 when I was only 18. I must say I set the bar fairly high though as my current gynea is an absolute gem and no-one ever comes close to comparing to him. I haven't heard much about Dr Fox so I am interested to hear how things go for you.

Chookie - well done for being such a strong woman and deciding to close your shop. My DH used to have his own business and it's really really hard. I wish you all the luck in the world with your job application, I always use agencies when I look for work and find them really effective. If you don't hear back from them by lunchtime give them a buzz and see how it is going, at least then you will know where things are up to.

I have been thinking a lot about to what degree we put our life on hold while ttc and when we should get on with things. I am studying as well as working at the moment and have been thinking about whether or not I should put study on hold to concentrate on IVF, but as DH and I decided last night, I shouldn't put life on hold for IVF. I think I would kick myself if I put everything on hold while I waited and then it didn't happen. We need to look after all areas of our lives as best we can.

Cherie- how are you going along?

Sushee - gosh you are fantastic sounding board for us all, what would we do without you, it's great to have you online with us, especially now you must be so busy

Big Hi to everyone else I have missed

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast