Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ February/March '06

sushee - Lovely to have you as a mod in here! I look forward to being supported as a result of your experience & wisdom.

xox

Hi sushee....nice to know we've got another mod in here with us. I've been keeping an eye out to see if your little one had arrived yet or not. You must be getting sooooo excited. It will be wonderful to share these last few weeks with you....

sararms Guest

Hi ladies

I had my day 12 scan and bloods on monday. This are going pretty well. the lining is ready but the follicles were still a little bit too small. So I'm back there tomorrow which almost definitely means that collection will be on Friday with transfer on Monday. I find this bit quite stressful. I dread the feeling of them maybe leaving me a bit too long and therefore losing some of the best eggs. I know this is highly unlikely, but it does worry me that I might get there and have someone say, "sorry, you've ovulated already". Aaaaagggghhh.

I will be asking about my husbands last sperm anaysis as well. After all he has been taking he will be disappointed if he hasn't got some improvement.

Then there is the fear of no fertilisation. I shouldn't really worry about that either. I got 13 out of 16 last time which is pretty good. Because my last cycle produced 18 eggs, I'm worried because I have less this time (At least 12), even though that is a good number and it's what we need. We don't want that kind of number again, I nearly hyper stimmulated.

Then there is the big old wait. God I'm dreading that. I'm so so fearful of the, "I'm sorry", phone call. It really should work this time. Age and quality, everything considered, it should work, shouldn't it? Well shouldn't it??? It must , it must, it must!

I'm so freaked out by this, I have had names picked out for a year, not to mention the baby furniture and maternity wear. No I'm not joking...

Good luck Jane for this month xx

congrats Sush on your promotion to mod. Great news!!

Morning all.

Sarams - I was nodding a bit whilst reading you last post because I can so identify with some of your feelings. I didn't have full IVF just OI but I had the fear before my follicle scan tat there would either be none or more than 2 in which case they would have cancelled the whole cycle. Then I worried that I would ovulate early prior to insemination, then I worried that they might have done something wrong with the insemination and no spermies put in there -dumb eh? but there are just so many complex steps involved in making a baby and when you are going through ART, you realy know just how many things could go wrong! I hope your follies are ripe to go tomorrow, that you get great eggs, great fertilisation and yes I am sure too that it must work for you this time!!

Lil -chookie - So sorry AF reared her ugy head but i Guess if she was going to come, at least coming early means you can get started again soon! Also great news re your kinesiologist -souds like he is working wonders for you. I have been having acupuncture for many months now. Not sure if its helping or not but I guess I am pg again -lets hope it helps make this one stick!

Cherie -I hope this round of clomid does the trick for you but if not then at least you now have come to peace with trying IVF. Its not ideal having assistance for what should be a natural event but at least we have the option these days. Imagine all us women if we were born 50yrs ago -we might have just had to accept childless lives with no hope at all.

Jane -hope your DH popped out at least one strong spermie to catch that egg -it only takes one!

Sushee -great to see someone with such experience come on board this thread - I am sure everyne will benefit from your knowledge and stories.
    Hope you manage to keep up with the new little one's imminent arrival!

Thanks for everyone's congrats -its weird so many people know about this pg but no one in my family other than my mum do yet! Not planning on telling until we feel a bit more safe -praying I get to that point. DH is not so confident and wants us to plan for "the worst" - I understand his worry but I wish we oould both enjoy this journey more.
    I hope I have started the pg trend and many of you will be over with me soon -I think I will need some hand holding!

Meredith - This bub is going to stick. I have packed up a little bundle of my positive vibes and I am sending them across cyber space to you to pass on to your dh. I understand him planning for the worst but you stay positive & happy sweet and hopefully this will rub off on to him and you can both start enjoying this together soon

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

sararms,

If there is one thing I can put your mind at ease about, is that you absolutely will not ovulate prior to your trigger shot on an IVF cycle. I promise. If you're taking an GnRH-angonist like Lucrin or Synarel, you literally will not ovulate without help.

In fact, you will only O around 38-40 hours after your trigger shot, so they time it so they can't possibly miss it!

The thing they will try to do is make sure that they have as many evenly mature eggs at the time of pickup, so if one, say, is a little ahead, that one may be too over-cooked at the time of pickup, and will not fertilise. Same with any that are a little too immature. So I'm crossing my fingers for some lovely, evenly matured eggs for you for Friday!

Meredith, I'm good at hand holding!

love
    sushee

sararms Guest

Hello all

Well, egg collection on Friday and transfer on Monday. I will probably have 6-8 eggs, which I'm a bit disappointed with because I had 18 last time. I shouldn't be i know. i asked about asprin and the clinic basically told me not to take any and that it is reserved for repeated miscarriages. So I now have 1 million asprin for nothing!! Nevermind. I'm going to reflexology to try and encourage implantation anyway, and for a good sleep!!

Sush thanks for the reassurance. It did calm me down. I am pretty edgy right now

Meredith I'm so paranoid I don't want to bend just in case I pop one
    Good luck with your pregnancy.

Hi Girls....

Sararms - good luck with your egg collection. I know that you would have liked more, but just remember, it only takes one (or two if you want twins)...

lil-chookie - how you doing? Keep up with the kinesiology. It's a good thing....

Meredith - how's bubs going. It must be soooo exciting for you...

Jane - how's thing going with you. Hope it's all going to plan....

Everyone Else - Big Hugs to you all....

Me - well today is my last day of clomid so will go to the clinic on Tuesday to have a scan and see how my follies are going. Secretly i'm hoping that there are two. DH and I would love twins, but either way, fingers crossed that the extra clomid did the trick..

~Jane~ Guest

Hi everyone

Sararms - good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you :flower:

Mrs Mac - are you on clomid by itself or doing something else alongside it? I am very curious about what other FS do in terms of clomid cycles.

lil_chookie - can I ask a silly question, what do kineisiologists do as such? I have never been to one and I am quite curious as yours sounds great

Meredith - hope everything is going well for you, everytime I think of you I think sticky thoughts

Sushee - so glad you are on board, you're an absolute gem

I have been a bit down in the dumps with all of this and haven't been the happiest camper with my new FS. I just wish my normal gynea did FS as I have been seeing him for years and he is the most wonderful doctor.

I hope everyone else is well.

Hello you lovely ladies,

Sarams -wanted to wish you all the best for EPU tomorrow. I know you haven't got as many egges as previously but maybe they will be better quality and as Shan has said, you only need 1.

Shan -So hoping that this cycle is it for you! I felt exactly the same about wanting two follicles - my thought was at least it doubles my chances of falling pg and if there ends up beig twins then we will deal with! Well, look at me now - There is quite a reasonable possibility I am carrying two!

Jane - If you are really not happy with your FS then maybe look into fiding a new one - you really need to trust your Dr.

Sushee - I may cut off the circulation in your hand from holding on so tight -LOL!! Have not been game to come into PALTTC forum yet but will muster the courage soon.

Thanks for everyone's well wishes - I am feeling a little better today
    BT shows HCG has risen from 930 on Monday to 3,660 today and progesterone from 154 to 170. Can't ask for much more - just the long wait for 7 week scan and hopefully a HB (or 2) this time!

HI Girls,

Meredith - those figures are awsome. Imagine if there was two HB's. How exciting....oooh i hope that's me in a few weeks...

Jane - Yeah i'm just on clomid. My FS is fantastic. They are the sort of people that i can say straight to them if i'm not comfortable with anything, of ask the silliest of questions etc. I think that if my FS wasn't as nice as they are, then i would definately consider getting a new one. Have you looked into other options or have other FS in your area?

Sararms - good luck today. Hope all goes well

I'm just cruising along, trying to keep myself busy and stuff. Love to you all.....

Jane - Let's see how well I can explain this. Kinesiology is muscle checking to assess the body & techniques used to correct or balance concerns. The form of kinesiology I am having is Qi Gong Therapy, which is an ancient chinese system of healing & self development. Qi is the vital energy/universal essence that flows through the body and all living things. To live is to have Qi in every part of your body and for health to be maintained there must be a balance of Qi in the body, either to much or too little.

So basically when I have a session I lie on the table and close my eyes and just relax. My kinesiologist (Qi Gong Master) is opening the energies in my body and controling and directing them so they are doing what the should be doing (my mum laughs at all this but I stick my tounge out at her because this stuff is working & I will laugh extra hard when she is holding that grandchild in her arms!!). It is a non-contact therapy and during the hour he will occasionally place his hands on my head or on my stomach. He is rebalancing and repatterning my body and mind, this is resolving energy impairments to help relieve pain, illness, physical problems and provide a feeling of rejuvenation & balance (I definately feel this). As I lie there I can feel the energy he directing, it is amazing. I know it has done me good and so far he has helped to give me a 28 day cycle with virtually no pain & light to medium bleeding - a miracle for me!!!

Hope that explains it!!

xox

Sarams - thinking of you today. I hope that your EPU goes to plan. Let us know how you got on.

Lil chookie - I've always thought kinesiology sounds interesting. I don't know if there are any practitioners that are around my local area though. So you can actually feel the energy moving? I've studied aromatherapy, and we use a massage technique that was designed by a french woman called Micheline Arcier. It's an energetic massage, but hands on, so that the essential oils are applied, as well as the benefits of the massage. There are some incredible moves in it where you can feel this vibration and radiance of your body's energy. Wonderful stuff!

Jane - so sorry to hear that you're not happy with your FS. Is there any chance that you could get a referral to someone else - I think that it's so important to feel comfortable with your doctor, and to feel that you can trust them, particularly with something that's so emotionally heart-wrenching.

Meredith - glad things are still looking great for you :bluestick: How exciting if there were two beautiful heartbeats :twinboy:

I'm 6DPO at the moment - I took my last dose of Clomid today, and will hopefully O in about 10 days, if my last clomid cycles are anything to go by. And then in 9 days, I have my first IVF appt, which I'm all of a sudden feeling very very nervous about. I know this will sound completely stupid, but I've always had female doctors (GP and OB), had never slept with anyone before my DH. So I've never had a male (except DH) look at my girly bits before 8-[ I guess there's a first time for everything LOL.

Cherie - yes, I can feel the energy it's amazing. The first session I could feel him pushing all the bad energy out of me (at one point as I lay there it felt almost like I was being tipped upside down and having the negative energy tipped out of me!!) and then second session was a lot calming and I could feel him just working on what was in me. He said I am responding really well. I feel so calm since Monday (that when I went last), so if this doesn't help in achieving pregnancy at least it seems to be settling my out of control hormones!!!!!

Only 9 days until your appointment, that has gone quickly!! I understand what you are saying with having another man see your bits. To be honest I actually feel more comfortable with a male, not sure why. Good luck with it, I am sure it will all be fine.

Hi :smt039 to everyone else.

xox

Hi lil_chookie, just had to say that i agree with you about being more comfortable with a male. I think it comes down to the whole thing about having another woman 'checking you out' down there and then maybe 'comparing' I don't know, it hard to explain. I think i'll stop now before i get myself confused. ROFLMAO

Mrs Mac - I get what you mean LOL. I went to a female gyno once and did not feel at all comfortable with her looking down there. I did not go back for a second appointment, she freaked me out!!! LOL

Good morning ladies
    Cherie, you'll be fine with a male doctor, they see so many girly bits and you'll just be another IYKWIM. You've brought back a funny memory for me. I know I posted it somewhere else a while back but thought you may enjoy it.
    My clinic has two gynos, one of which had his own practice and did my first lap in 1988 - we had no IVF clinics here then. I changed gynos in 1990 as I found sitting in a room with pg women a bit hard to take and the new one had separate days for different things. I hadn't seen gyno #1 for 15 years when I turned up for a follie scan in July last year. His treatment room is one of those with an entry door for the patient and a separate one for the doc from his adjoining office. So, after the nurse showed me in and 'prepared' me, there I was in all my glory with legs up in the air and pointed toward his entry door. He came in, nodded and smiled then got straight down to business adjusting the special chair so my bits were at his eye level. He had a bit of a poke then looked up from between my legs and said "have we met?". I like to feel flattered that after all those years he remembered my girly bits but, in reality, I think he realised while he was down there that he hadn't actually asked before he started fiddling. Try not to worry Cherie, you'll be over this nervousness before you know it.
    Sue

~Jane~ Guest

lil_chookie - kinesiology kinda sounds like reiki in a way. I am glad it is working so well for you. I think that I need something like that.

Cherie - I am sure you will find the male FS to be fine. I am a bit like chookie I much prefer a male gynea. Call me naive, but I honestly never notice my gynea "looking", I think he must have a good technique for want of a better word. I guess then there is also a difference between in internal vs. a pap smear where they all but have the flood lights going. Mind you I went to a gynea long before I ever had any boyfriends so I may be imune to it now.

Speaking of gyneas, I have made an appointment with a new FS. I am not 100% happy with the current guy and although I know that he would probably get us the desired outcome in the end, I need to have someone who has a style I can work with. He's an older guy and I think he is used to just telling girls what to do. It turns out a friend of mine also sees him and finds him to be the same. So now we wait until July but hopefully the wait will be worth it, or we get a BFP in the mean time.

Sararms, how did EPU go? Sending you lots of positive vibes for Monday

I hope everyone is well, its 2 years today since I had my miscarriage so I am feeling a little sad, but not too bad. DH was surprised I remembered the date which I thought was odd. I guess men and women are different.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast