Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ February/March '06

Hi girlies

Jano, stay strong honey, tell me about the waiting game mate, that is all i seem to do, operation operation operation operation... after the next one on the 17th of may that will have been 4 ops.... and by God am i over it... I often think how easy it would be to give up tomorrow on the whole TTC thingy, BUT i don't... I hope DH goes ok with the op if he plans to have it. The thing i have learnt from this stupid TTC rollercoaster is, go with your gut feeling.....Also i love your Av, you cheeky little thing with all your shopping bags!

Not much happening here ladies, but i have been working my a*se off. Off to see the colorectal surgeon on the 12th April in Bondi, and i am hoping he doesn't want me to have a colonoscopy before the op, as i couldn't stand another anaesthetic, they are starting to pee me off....

Well take care all and baby dust to all...

love and hugs

leis xx

Jane - I totally understand your frustration. Every day of waiting to do this or that is a trauma, let alone 6mths or so. People around me are telling us to have a few mths off or try next yr etc etc but they just don't get that feeling of urgency/desperation. I think it is good, however that your DH is so keen to try whatever it takes. Maybe the surgery will make a big difference and then you will be glad doing it sooner rather than later!
    Best wishes to you both.
    BTW - is there no chance of doing IVF round prior to surgery or sooner afterwards ? I know they can surgically "extract" sperm from the testicles.
    Lil-chookie - thanks for the positive vibes - I need all I can get atm.
    Leis - You are one strong woman to go through all you've have. I hope that when your child is born, they appreciate the massive effort!!

~Jane~ Guest

Pleased to announce I am feeling a tad better. I hate going to work after appointments, it is so hard to concentrate. I came home and had a beer of all things (there was no wine in the place). The deal with the surgery is that he will have it done but because sperm take 2-3 months to form it will take that long to see any improvement. He will get retested in about 3 months and then we will see if things have improved, if they haven't I will have my "That's it!!" moment and straight over to IVF.

Leis, I know all about being sick of ops, they suck. I will be a happy woman if I never have another laparoscopy, gosh if I have another it will be 10, I could just about do it myself if I wasn't out to it LOL

Meredith - you hit the nail on the head about that feeling of desperation, I had that all day. I am to the point where I can only talk to you guys because you are the only ones that get it. If I told my sister or Mum they would think nothing of waiting a few more months...and as for my pg friends I dont like to make them feel bad and they dont understand, it just gets awkward.

lil_chookie - thanks for the kind thoughts, I am going to go with positive vibes, and try to remain calm

I hope everyone else is going well

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhh Jano ... no doubt about it love you make me laugh... you are so funny. Do the lap by yourself... i love it. I am a theatre nurse and can't stand assisting in laps and watching the surgeons dig around with the trocars... ok won't say to much, don't want to freak you all out...

love leis xx

sararms Guest

Hi ladies

HAve been stimming for 8 days now and had a scan nd blood test yesterday. 12 follicles!!! Was really pleased with that. I was a bit worried because I am on a lower dose than last time and thought I might not respond as well, but nothing to worry about so far.

Off to reflexology tonight to get the blood flowing to the uterus. I'm looking at egg collection around the middle of next week. All very exciting!

i know what you ladies mean when you speak of desperation. I feel that very much and even worse, envy and jealousy. An aquaintance rang me last night to tell me she is pregnant. 4 weeks. Of course you make all the right noises. But deep down I wanted to say, "yeah, you and everyone else totally unsuitable to be a mother, but I have been trying for years and nothing. So congratulations!!!". Obviously this would have been riddled in sarcasm which you can't convey here. She smokes and everything...so unfair. But I have a good feeling this time. I reckon I'm going to get lucky.

Jane I hope your DH surgery goes well for both of you. Have you got him on follic acid as well. If not, get him some it has been know to improve the quality of sperm between 25-75% All the best

Hi Girls......I know, I know, I know......you haven't seen me on for a while. I've been filling in for my mum and SIL in our Real Estate Office whilst they were at a conference on the Gold Coast, so havent been around to do any posting.

The TWW is nearly over for me. Thats the other reason i didn't jump on much. I was putting all my positive vibes into this cycle and was trying not to think about it too much. However, it got the better of me today and I had to jump in to say hello. I've missed you girls!!!

Well i had a BT on Monday to check my progesterone levels (i think that's what it was) and they came back 19.5. An improvement on my last one, so i took it as good news. They told me not to get too excited as they would have liked to have seen it higher, but i'll take it i think.

Wednesday was 10DPO and I started spotting really lightly and had a few really mild cramp like pains. Panicked and raced out and bought a HPT. Of course it came back neg and there i was waiting for AF to arrive.

Well so far she hasn't reared her ugly head and the spotting didn't last too long. Most of Wednesday, yesterday first thing in the morning and last thing at night, and a little bit this morning. It's sort of brownish/light light pink mixed in with a HEAP of CM (Sorry if TMI). This isn't normal for me when AF is coming, so not sure what it going on. If AF still hasn't arrived after Saturday night, then i'm going to do another test. The clinic also told me that if AF didn't come by monday morning, then they would also send me for a test. So now i'm resisting the urge IYKWIM.

I'll let you all know how i go. Lot's of love to you all and i'll get to some personals very soon. I promise.

good luck sara and mrs mac...

thinking of you both

leis xx

Mrs Mac - I am so glad to see you are back & okay. I have been worried about you. Hope all goes well & you get that BFP. I have everything crossed for you sweet.

sarams - hope they flow is going nicely to the uterus!! How exciting for your egg collection, I am glad you have got a feeling about this one. Go the power of positive thinking!!

Jane - Glad you are feeling better lovely.

As for me I have had some awful stomach pain today cramping across my middle & on my left side over my ovary. It is too early for af pain & way to late for ovulation pain (CD 26 I think) so now I am all panicky my problems are coming back. I haven't had mid cycle pain since before my last lap in Sept last year. But this isn't even like the pain I used to get at all??!! Errrrrrrrr this is just to frustrating, I will just try and put it out of my mind because I am not supposed to be thinking about ttc this month (as per DH orders) and I have been doing really well until the last couple of days!!!

Hello all,
    Jane -glad you are feeling a bit more calm about things. I would be just like you though -after 3 mths I would definitely have "lost it". When does DH have the procedure?
    Sarams -12 follies -thats great!! I hope they all mature as they should and you et great fertilisation rate. After that, well you know what we all wish for!
    Lil-chookie - I hope the pains are nothing to worry about -?ndigestion or something? Or, could you be pg again? My last pg I had heaps of cramping prior to when AF would be due.
    Shan -great to see you back. You are exact same day as me! I can understand the concern re spotting but at least AF has not arrived -maybe it implantation bleeding? I'm not holding out too well with the TWW either. I may give in and test some time tomorrow but very scared.

sararms Guest

Hi ladies

Had day 9 scan and bloods today. No change of dose for me. Follicles are bigger and there may be one or wo more than on Wednesday which is good. things a a little slow, but I think that is how my consultant wants it to avoid the large number of eggs I had last time. (18) But with at least 12 already it looks like I'll have a big crop again. The left side is getting a little tender now. I remember last time creeping up the stairs because it was so painful!! Boo to that.

Anyway here's to a stimmulating weekend. Hopefully when I go in on Monday they will be bigger yet, and i'll have a better idea about when collection and transfer will be. I'm seriously considering going for blastocyst stage transfer. I'll be speaking to the embryologist about that on Monday.

I hope everyone else is well.

Good luck Sara, I hope you get some good quality eggs which in turn will bring you great embies...

love and hugs

leis xx

Goodluck Sarams!!! Grow eggies, grow!
    Shan -how are doing? Any more bleeding? Praying that all is well.

Well, I've held out on this because I thought I was just imagining things but past few days have been feeling on and off nauseous. Today went to dog training with our littlle Jordie and was knocked over by some other dogs. twisted my ankle slightly which was not too bad, just hurt for a bit but afterwards i just felt so "off" I thought I was going to faint or throw up.
    So came home early and decided to POAS - two strong lines! Will feel more confident when I go for BT on Monday but hoping I am about to start a trend - Shan and any one else please grab my hand and come along with me!

Oh Meredith that is so wonderful, I am so happy for you \/ I am sure your blood test will only confirm what those 2 strong lines have already!!

You have made my day.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Meredith - this sounds like wonderful news for you [-o< for your BT Monday - two strong lines is fanastic \/

we have loads of seats being kept warm in PALTTTC

"~♥~ DD Charlotte Rose 1/9/04 26wks born still ~♥~"
    IVF Twins due July 2006

~Jane~ Guest

Meredith - that is fantastic, good luck Monday with the BT

Sararms - best of luck with those follies, sounds promising

Mrs Mac - hope you are still hanging in there and AF hasn't arrived for a visit.

lil_chookie - I hope those pains have subsided and you are not thinking about ttc too much, I know I never succeed at this, for me it's a bit like going on a crash diet, I start off with the best intentions and it lasts about half a day

I am feeling good about DH's upcoming procedure, although the silly dill forgot to ring and book in for it, there will be a reminder on monday I can tell you that. We have a pact going that once he has it does if the SA after this is still poor we are not going to muck around any more. So it sounds as though I will be a clomidian for a few more months lucky it doesn't give me too much in the way of side effects.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend

skyelar Guest

Meredith that is wonderful news :flower: Good luck for your BT!

I just wanted to pop in & wish all the ladies in the TWW good luck, can't wait to see you in PALTTTC!

Thanks ladies - not really ready to believe it yet. AF not due till tomorrow and was going to hold out on testing but then decided I wanted to be prepared for her arrival if got a BFN. Still won't feel "real" until I'm sure she isn't going to arrive and I see some HCG numbers Monday!
    So will hang out in here a bit longer if thats ok.

Jane -so glad you are feeling positive about your TTC future. Hope the Clomid does the trick before you even need to consider IVF but if not, then you know you will gt loads of support and advice on that journey from the lovely ladies in here.

Hooray for Meredith... sweetie i have a feeling that this is it for a whooping HCG on monday and a very strong embie that is going to stick.... stay positive and remain calm... yes i know this is tough but just go with the flow....

:wave: to everyone else....

love and hugs

leis xxx

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast