... 910111213 ...

thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait - April - June 09

Misty77 Guest

Smile Hi all, can I join you?

Hi all,

Can I join you in the 2ww? I'm moving over from another thread (where I met Lionfish and Mellmell - hi again!).

I've been doing IVF and had a hatching blastie transferred yesterday. I'm so nervous and excited. Last time I had AF a few days early so fingers crossed I at least make it to testing day this time, because I would like to be away from work when I get the news, either way!

Mellmell I have had aches and pains since EPU too. I was concerned because they are similar to the twangs I get before AF. I think it is the crinone and constipation.

Lionfish I have heard similiar to Sammiejam, ie. implantation 1-2 days after a blastie transfer. For this reason I took an extra day off work after the transfer this time to relax.

Thinking of you all
    Last edited by Misty77; June 6th, 2009 at 05:56 PM.

Apr 2009
    Melbourne

Hi everyone

I'm back again. This time we transferred 2 in a FET. One of the embies lost some cells in the thaw but grew them back overnight. It sounds really stupid but I'm really proud of it for being such a little fighter - even if it doesn't make it to baby stage. Last time we did a FET we had 4 embies and 3 of them crashed and burned prior to transfer which was disappointing. So I feel quite positive this time - hopefully 7 will be my lucky number.

Meo- I hope the silence is because you are excited about a new bub and can put all this behind you but if its because you are just too upset and disappointed, then a big hug to you.

Jan 2007
    Nth Qld

Mellmell any more Ping OAS????

mellmell Guest

pee update

Well i did another POAS, i knew i would, and i still have a feint 2nd line. The line has gotten lighter though, and if it was actually due to preggers i think it would have gotten darker because i have used the same brand at the same time. So either a) it is residual bhcg from the injection (most likely) or b) they are dodgy tests that always have a really feint 2nd line and its either too early or a BFN. I really dont think its a BFP thought, i just kinda feel in my heart that it has not worked this time around. And for me POAS has actually helped me. I think because of the results my chances are pretty slim and that has allowed me to be more realistic about next monday. Esp since the crinone has given me a lot of early preg signs - sore boobs with more veins, increased peeing etc. I think without POAS i would have been all "yep, this has worked for sure" and then if i got a BFN on monday it would have been horrific. Whereas now i'm kinda expecting a BFN and have had a little time to adjust to that. I'm not saying everyone should POAS, just that it has helped my tww.

Mell..........
    Last edited by mellmell; May 28th, 2009 at 01:50 PM. : accidentally left huge gap.ooops

Meo Guest

Hey all, thanks for thinking of me. I've been trying to log on from home since Monday, but BB was down for me? Anyway, it's been a pretty $hit week for me - they couldn't find my blood test results, so I had to wait until 4.30 on Monday (after having the test at 8.30am, that's a LONG time to wait, as I'm sure you'd all agree ) to be told that it was negative. I was surprised because we went through the whole implantation cramping and bleeding, but not surprised as I'd been having AF is appearing cramps all day Monday and she turned up with a VENGEANCE on Monday night, just as we were celebrating my cousin's birthday. *le sigh*

So I've had Tuesday and Wednesday off work, just moping really. Had an acupuncture appt last night which helped with the cramping and now it's mostly back to a normal period. We're taking a break for "a couple of months" as I've told everyone, but realistically I think we'll be going in for an FET next month.

I guess the whole situation was made harder because my brother has just announced that his wife is a whole 4 weeks pregnant and the babies would have been due at the same time.

mellmell Guest

Im really sorry for your BFN Meo. You sound like you are being really strong, and you still have 5 bubsiclles too . I have one friend @ 13wks, one friend @ 40wks, one friend with newborn twin girls, and another with a 3 month old girl. Everywhere, everyday it seems everyone is UTD. It does hurt. Hang in there, another TWW could be only weeks away!! Mell....................

Jan 2007
    Regional Victoria

Meo, I am sorry it didn't work and that you have that additional family reminder. I've been thinking of you.

Apr 2009
    Melbourne

Oh Meo - it really is just so unfair and heart breaking.

The "ours would have been born at the same time" feeling is really hard too. The one and only time in my life that I've had a BFP (after a year of trying) turned out to be ectopic and at exactly the same time my best friend, my sister and my DH's cousin got pregnant. His cousin would have had exactly the same due date and I had to sit next to her at a dinner and listen to her announce her due date. When I heard the due date I was nearly sick but had to pretend to be happy.

I'm so sorry sweetie - especially since it sounded so hopeful.

Mar 2008
    mid north coast, nsw

Meo- I'm really sorry to hear that. Be gentle with yourself. The family reminder will be hard

srose- I havent been in here for a while, but just noticed your ticker. Sorry no success this time, but having 5 snowbubs waiting is a positive at least

good luck everyone else in here.

Meo Guest

Thanks, ladies. I finally had a big cry about it last night and feel much better today. I can now be happy and a little bit excited for my brother and his wife, but I'm purposely not asking if they were trying or if it was an accidental pregnancy. At least they are still in China, so I won't be witness to the growing bump as well! They're planning to come back to Australia when bubs is a few months old and hopefully we'll have one of our own by then. In the meantime I'm focussing on this month and losing a few kilos and detoxing and getting ready for the next round. This means I'll be dipping out for a while, but thinking of you all.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Dec 2008
    Leongatha - South Gippsland, Victoria

Sorry for the BFN's in here - its heart breaking but hang in there and it will happen when the time is right.
    GL to all for future bubs x.

Sep 2008
    Perth

Hi,

I'm in the middle of the 2ww at the moment, well I will be tomorrow! Got my blood test on 6/6. I had one on the 27/5, 1 week after trigger, and my estrogen was 523, progesterone 100. Apparently this means I have a 'welcoming environment'

This is my first ivf cycle and I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck! I've been reading some posts for a little while now, you girls are amazing and inspiring to not only continue on your own journeys but keep on providing support for each other!

Lovenhope Guest

Just stopped by to say I'm thinking of you all.
    Meo- so sorry about the BFN. I'm glad you are feeling better.

mellmell Guest

hurry up monday

Hello Girls,

Well i think Im definately out this round. I got a digital test cause i had the suspicion that the ones i had were dodge...........and they indeed were!!! The digital gave me a BFN and i did one of the suspect ones at the same time and it was BFP. So i pulled it apart and you could see where the control line dye was tracking up the side and giving a false BFP!!! Anyway, i have had my little breakdown, now im gonna focus on the next round.

Mell............

Jan 2007
    Nth Qld

Mellmell - I have heard that happen to people and they go for the BT and they are indeed PG. You never know, I dont want to give you false hope, but are you still going to have the BT tomoro?

mellmell Guest

BFN

Well i went for my BT and it was indeed a BFN. But here is the kicker, NOBODY bothered to call me with the result!!!! I had the bloods done at 0700 today and then waited, and waited,..........and waited. Eventually (4 pm) i rang the path lab and had the results faxed over (lucky im a nurse). I know they phoned other people because lionfish cycled with me at the same place. I can't wait untill they realise at some stage during the week that they forgot to call and then have the hide to ring-up!!!

Mell.........

Mar 2008
    mid north coast, nsw

mellmell- so sorry it was negative and I cant believe they didnt call you! That's really slack, when its so horrible waiting and waiting.

good luck everyone else

Jan 2007
    Nth Qld

Hey mellmell I left you a message in my TTC journal, but that sux!!! She did say when she phoned that she had just got back from the hospital and that it had been a crap day but you do not phone one person and not the other, I saw that other lady at the path lab this morning, i wonder how she went?

... 910111213 ...