Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait - March 2008 #1

slyder Guest

Default LTTTC Two Week Wait - March 2008 #1

Reminder:

This thread is strictly for TWW chatter, and general posts regarding your cycles should stay in the general discussion threads. Please do not double post (one here and one in the chat threads) as they will be removed.

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows
    Sarah_H Admin
    Cailin Admin
    sushee Senior Moderator
    slyder

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Salt,

I was so hoping when i opened this thread up that you would have had a BFP.
    I am so so sorry sweetie - it never gets any easier. As far as your fears about not being a mum - i have had them many a time but i REFUSE for that to happen - i will do everything i possibly can to make it and SO WILL YOU. You will be a mummy - i know it. If you need to take time out do so - do what feels right for you.
    I just know for me i need to talk to other woman who understand. WE are all different - and maybe you need some space and thats okay to.
    Please take care of yourself sweetie - cry - thats all i have been doing all afternoon. It helps to get it out - but it has given me a dreadful headache.
    Or maybe the headache was because a had a couple of drinks as i have not had a drink for over a month.

Oh SP i have been stalking all day waiting for your results, im so so sorry my luv and it is just hideous that you cant get stuck back in i think thats what keeps us going. I know its easier said than done but please dont think your a failure, your fertility status does not effect who you are as a person, and you are one of the most caring people i have come across on BB. Hang in there sweetie and do what is right for you. really big cyberhugs SP thinkng of you.

Salt

Hun i am so sorry. Take your time to make your decisions. Talk it over with your DH and anyone who will listen until you feel comfortable wit your decision. Sending you lots of you will be a mummy just when the time is right for you i truely belive this.Keep talking.

Lissie, I'm really sorry to hear of your BFN Please take care of yourself, and I'm sure you and DH will be each other's comfort in this time. I hope that you are doing ok - I get such headaches when I cry too! I hope the crying has been cathartic for you and that you start to feel better and can move forward when the time is right for you :hugs:

Salt, hun, I'm so sorry that you've had a double whammy today with the news :hugs: You need to take time to look after yourself now, and I'm glad to here this is what you're going to do, whichever way in which you need to do it. It's really important that you don't blame yourself for what is happening. It is not your fault, hun. As scooby has said, it has nothing to do with who you are as a person.

When you are feeling ready, focussing on the next step, whether it be IVF or not will help you to deal with and put to the side the terrible fear that you will never get pregnant. And it is just a fear. The stats say that the chances of IUI achieving a pregnancy in any one cycle is less than either a fresh or thaw cycle in IVF, so there is tonnes of hope for you still in the future, if and when you need to cross the path of IVF.

But the first thing is that you look after yourself and to take time to recover from the fear and frustration and sense of failure that your heart is heaping on you at the moment. Know that I am - we are all - thinking of you and sending you tonnes of love.

Hang in there, hun. Give yourself time.

Many hugs to you and to Lissie,

Miss C :hugs:

SP and Lissie - so, so sorry to hear of your results. I wish I could say something to make things better but nothing much does.
    Lissie - I went through a long period before having my DS,where I wondered whether I would every have a child. It scared me so much because I just didn't want a life without children. I think I know how you feel right now.Time and patient loved ones around you will help and you will feel positive again. The month break sucks but maybe consider some alternative tx in this time. I did acupuncture and I really think it helped.
    Maybe you should have another talk to DH and FS about IVF?

Collo - Congratulations. Sooo well done! Praying those levels just go up from here

Salt and Lissie - so sorry about your disappointing results. I was really hoping this would be the month for you both :hugs: Salt - I know what you mean, only 4 weeks ago I was thinking that I can't even IMAGINE myself getting pregnant because it seems to have been taking so long. It becomes harder and harder to visualise the further from start point you get. BUT that point of view can change in an absolute instant - and I feel so confident that you - all of you - will get there.

I think I've mentioned this before, but this helped me : planted some gypsophila (baby's breath) seeds, and I watered them daily. It was exciting when they started to sprout, and the month they flowered, we got our BFP. Probably a fluke but I think it was helpful fo rme to focus on it and feel like I was doing something..

The BB break I took myself also for about 6 weeks, not to escape everyone on BB but to try and take my focus away from it a bit - when I was ready I came back. So do what you think is right - you could even just stalk - for me, I found it helpful to only stalk the pregnancy announcements!

Kyles68, so glad you got to do IVF - I am so so glad we went with the doctor's advice. May I ask, are you with Pivet? I'm interested as I know other girls weren't given the chance of IVF with only 1 egg, they were from other clinics - but I guess it depends on how other things look, they must have been happy with your hormone levels. I'll send heaps of your way !

Collo - fantastic news !!! Congratulations!!! - hope those levels continue to rise !!!!

to everyone !

Hi Ladies

Salt and Lissie - I am so sorry to hear of your BFN's - I had everything crossed for you and was so excited about logging on tonight to get your results. Salt - I can assure you that after 5 years of TTC and 3 early m/c's and countless BFN's I can truly understand all your tears, frustration and even the need to give yourself a break from BB to just focus on other things. Thinking of you and hope the wait for next cycle goes quickly for you.

Collo - A BFP is still a positive even if level is low - I hope your next BT shows a very healthy rise

Deni - yes, I am with Pivet and was absolutely thrilled that they went ahead with cycle with only one egg - I am hoping that is all it takes. I have had my mid luteal blood test and levels all fine so far so now the 7 sleeps until 17th March for final blood test.

I wish I knew how to do the cyber hugs icons but I don't think I have access so hugs to everybody from me.

Sp Im sp sorry you didnt get the result you deserve. Its times like these when you need us girls around. My huuby was the same didnt want me to obsess with BB but its the only thing that gets me through the hard times.... I hope you treat yourself to something nice this TTC stuff is tough so we need to splurge every now and then

Good morning ladies... so sorry I have been absent, but my DH and I had a long weekend here in VIC, which because of my BFN involved a few drinks of wine and lots of loving support from DH.

Collo congrats on your BFP! I am sending you the best of wishes for your levels, I am sure that everything will go well.

Salt and Lissie - I am so sorry girls, and I am feeling your pain as well as my own. I was so hoping that more of us would have got BFP's, but I guess that our time is still to come. Salt, I too despair if this will ever happen, but I can't let myself imagine that it won't. I know it is so hard to remain positive when it seems that only negative things are happening. Keep your chin up and know that we all are here for you whether you decide to take time out from BB or not. To both of you, you have made my journey this month that little bit easier. I send you sooooo much love and good karma and I just feel it in my bones that our time is getting closer. Thank you for being there for me.

Janie xxx

Salt and Lissie - I am so sorry about your BFNs - I truly understand how devastating it is. I had my BFN confirmed yesterday also, but at least I already knew it was coming. Big hugs to you both Salt, I know how you feel about the enforced break: I have to wait until the 31st of March for my next appointment with my FS - 3 weeks! God knows when we will be trying to do our FET. Still, I suppose it will be good for me (and for you) to focus on something else for awhile. I too find it hard to come to BB and read about the BFPs, but they also give me hope that one day it will be me too. It will happen to us too, I'm sure of it!

Collo - belated congratulations on your BFP - that's wonderful news!

Hello to everyone else - I'm sorry for no personals...busy day at work!

No news for me As I mentioned, my BFN was confirmed by my clinic yesterday. I knew it was coming, but jeez it was still hard. I guess a small part of me was still hoping against hope. But, I feel a lot better today, so I'm grateful for that. Unfortunately, I have to wait until the 31st to see my FS about where to from here. Hopefully it will mean transferring my one frozen embie sometime in late April

Hope you're all looking after yourselves!

Vicki

Hi Ladies
    I just wrote a long post to everyone then it crashed!!!!

Just thought I would poke my head in and say hi. No personals today as I would be here forever if I did........have been keeping an eye on everyone ...
    To all those beautiful ladies who gor a BFP..yeah yeah yeah..congratulations........to all the beautiful ladies who didnt..(me included) keep the faith..Im so sorry to read all that.....you know what.....pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep on going..(if you can)......thats what Im doing......so heres my news.....FET this Friday 14th...so I will officially be joining the dreaded 2WW AGAIN!!!!!.....so yep, thats me...1pm Friday!!!
    I believe that good things come to those who wait.....keep going ladies and we WILL make it!!!

So will chat to you all then and in the meantime Im sending heaps of and

Big kisses to all!!!

Carla great to hear that you will soon be back in the TWW! I will keep a close eye on how you are going. to you!!!!

Thanks Janie..Im looking forward to chatting with you ladies but definetely NOT the horrible wait.......

Salt and Lissie - I was so sorry to read that this was not your month. I wish that there was something that I could say or do to make it easier for you, but I think the girls here have covered most of it. You are both in my thoughts and sending you both huge cyber :hugs:
    Take your time and do what you need to do. I will be praying that whatever path you are on it will lead you to your much deserved babies.

Collo - Congrats on achieving your first ever BFP! Now lets just see those levels rise and rise!

Salt and Lissie - I don't know what to say. I was so looking forward to seeing some BFP's from you both. I am so so sorry to see you didn't get the results you deserve. Cry all you need to, I find it helps alot, but then again, so does the wine. There will be a next time, please don't give up. We are all thinking of you.

Although I should be happy with my BFP I still feel like im in limbo until tomorrow. I have to wait for the results of my levels to see if they have risen. So I dont feel confident yet that Im pregnant so I guess im still in this TWW until tomorrow...... Not sure where I fit in at the moment

Collo I have got my fingers and toes all crossed for your test tomorrow

I have a really good feeling about this and can't wait to hear your news tomorrow.

Janie xxx

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast