Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait - May/June 2008

Hi Girls
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello and :goodluck2: to you all hope there all little stickers.
    Saph: So glad you finally made it been keepin an eye on your progress and hopefully it will be a case of good things come to those who wait (in your case a really loooong time ) Thinkin of you any way.
    P.S. I know it was in the other thread but i definately think acupuncture is the way to go, i had it before and after my IVF cycle and if nothing else i think it helped me relax a little more!Saph i go to metro health its in bayswater so its a bit of a hike but they are really good and you can claim if your in a health fund ended up costing $16 a session!My brother goes to East meets west in north beach and reckons they are great too!!
    Good luck all and loads of

hi all , just read a few threads about testing, i know how hard it is not to test before you are due but i did last time and got a pos result then started to bleed, it was much worse knowing and next time i will not be testing beforehand at all. i got af a couple of days before it would have been due and it was not nice knowing. i wish you all good luck try to be patient and read the tww thing to do , it's a good laugh.
    janet

Hi All,

Here I am again. Feeling every emotion under the sun but like you all, so desperate for that BFP. Had my ET this morning and it really went great. Had 2 little ones put back in. One was a hatched blastie and the other was hatching. I have a really good feeling about this cycle. FS was extremely happy and the embryologists said our embies couldn't have behaved better. AND we have 4 x 6 day blasties to freeze definately, possibly 5. What more could we ask for??

I hope I don't do your heads in...I know I'll be doing my own in! Feeling very lucky though to only have 9 sleeps to wait.

I hope I can be some strength and support for you all. Going off to bed now to sleep. Was too anxious to really sleep last night.

Have a good day. Will be back later for sure!!

Hugs Bel

Bel what fantastic numbers. Best of luck, im almost certain your going to give us some wonderful news soon.

Hey Janie, im feeling ok. I get a weird pressure low in my stomach at night and a little put off by certain smells but i think its more my mind playing games so im not reading into anything.

I was talking with one of the ladies at work today, the only one that knows what im doing, in regards to should i test or should i not and she said as long as its just for fun and i dont take the result serious then why not. So being kind of silly we both went and bought some tests and it was BFN. Im just taking it as "Its probably too early" so we shall see what the next few days bring. Hopefully not AF I might use the other test on Thursday morning. Or maybe i shouldnt?! I dont know!

Also, can someone tell me when AF is meant to be due? Is it two weeks from EPU or trigger?
    Last edited by *Paula*; June 2nd, 2008 at 05:09 PM.

Afternoon All,

So...The dreaded POAS. I swear I will never do that again and if I EVER go to, please all stop me.
    My last cycle a did a POAS and got a BFN, only to have my BT the next day and get a BFP. I went it for my BT totally devastated and with no hope. Ok, so it was a good surprise but I probably really didn't need the stress before that.
    BUT, I do understand the need to POAS for some people. One of my dear TTC friends always does POAS and for her that works. I say just only do it if you can handle the result. For me, I'll just wait. I'd rather live in hope....

Gee, I'd forgotton the dread of going to the toilet and getting that red tinge on the toilet paper. OH the mind games have started already!!

Enjoy your night all

Stay away from all of us AF you nasty thing!!

Hugs Bel

Kema Guest

Hi Girls,

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and support.

I had mt ET this afternoon, all went well. Our first embie survived the thaw and had grown from 4 cells to 8 already!!! FS was very impressed with the quality of our little one.

My blood test is booked for the 16th June, it seems so far away. So I understand why people POAS, for us well I will update you as we embark on our TWW for the very first time. FINALLY!!!

Great to see everyone is well.

Sending you lots of

Kema
    Welcome welcome finally, hope the TWW is kind to you.
    Can any one tell me what are the signs and symtoms of OHSS. Just wondering if I should be doing anything to help avoid it. I was very uncomfortable before trigger and it hasn't gone away.

Kema- Welcome to the TWW. Isn't it a great feeling to make it here. And congratulations on your beautiful little one officially being inside you!! I know it seems such a long time til your test, but you will find the support in here amazing and the wealth of knowledge invaluable. And if you have any questions just ask. I asked some pretty strange questions first time round and I always received answers.

Thanks for the welcomes my TWW buddies. I appreciate the kindness.

Thinking of you all
    Hugs Bel

Saph lovely- My clinic gave me a list of symptoms to look out for indicating OHSS

-severe nausea and vomiting
    -increased abdominal distension and abdominal pain/discomfort
    -diarohhea
    -shortness of breath
    -increased thirst
    -decreased urinary output

The advice they offered to me was to drink 2 litres of water a day, eat high fibre and protein food and if the bloating doesn't go try agarol (a mild laxative)...which I needed.

I was in a lot of pain after PU and after 3 days I realised the majority was from bloating and gas. Sounds gross but relieving the gas through my bottom!!! helped big time.

I was on the phone 3 times with the nurses in agony. The intial pain was from the op definately though. They did explain to me that everyone really has some degree of overstimulation because none of us ever produce that many follies naturally.

I hope this info helps. I had a really really bad week last week and NEVER thought the pain would go away. BUT today I feel great.

Hugs Bel

Kema Guest

Hey Girls

Thanks for the warm welcome. I still cant believe I am here.

Saph, I received the same list off symptoms as Bel.

I surprisingly was feeling awesome right up until my EPU, the nurses at EPU warned DH of OHSS, I also felt great afterwards just a bit sleepy.

Two days later is when it all hit me. They only take the eggs at pick up so you are left with all the follicles that release hormones and prepare your body for pregnancy. I had over 40 eggs taken thats a whole lotta follies left over!

Drink lots of water and powerade that sort of thing and eats lots of protien.

If you have symptoms like shortness of breath or decreased urinary output go to hospital, there are things they can do for you.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks so much for the information. Although I didn't have EPUas I am doing OI I still had aroung 35 small follicles. So maybe it is just that my body is not used to doing any of this. Really I only have ovary pain and a little pain in my back and it gets worse as the day goes by. Should try and rest a bit more during the day.

Just in here to wish you all the very best with your TWW's.

Unfortunately AF arrived for me this morning so no luck first time round.

Both DH and i are completely gutted so i will be back in a few days to catch up with you all.

Kema Guest

Paula,

I'm so sorry that AF showed up.

I hope that you & DH can really support each other during this time.

Remember we are all here too.

Kema

Paula Sweetie, so sorry to hear that AF showed up. I was really hoping another muskateer would get the BFP this month.

Take care of yourself over the next few days.

Karly Guest

Hello All

Paula I am so sorry to hear that AF has arrived...hugs to you.

Saph204, I am on pregnyl injections every 3 days and they are making me so sick. They asked me to go back in on Thurs cos I was so sick. They thought OHSS. Thanks god it wasn't. Had another Pregnyl injection o Sunday but onlu half the dose (500iu) to see if that helped but I am still very sick and very tired. Although I was so uncomfortable last night I couldn't sleep. Hope you get a BFP...When do u test???

I am now on pessaries and AF was due yesterday but the pessaries will be keeping her away so there is no way of knowing if its BFP or BFN til next Monday. I have swapped a ****ft with someone at work so instead of working 7-3:30 or 10-6:30 i will now work 8-1. I will be so upset if I get a BFN and I work at a dr's so knowing my luck all I will see that day are pregnant ppl.

Wishing everyone good luck and I hope we all get that BFP we are hoping for.

Sorry to butt in but always keepin an eye on you all
    I had mild OHSS but it started about 3 days before i was due for preg test not after EPU. The DR was 100% convinced this meant a BFP as you only get OHSS at that stage if there are baby hormones. My symptoms were:
    really sore and distented tummy (looked about 5 monthes pregnant)
    Could only sleep on my back raised up on 2 pillows
    It hurt when i walked
    and horrid nausea
    The FS said stay at home and bed rest heaps of fluid and powerade etc, low carbs and if i start vomiting go straight to emergency!
    Hope this helps

Paula, I've sent you a PM. I'm gutted for you and your DH.

Please know that I am here if you need to talk.

Janie xxx

Paula Sweet- I too am so sorry to hear that dreaded cow AF arrived. I received a BFN on my first cycle too and sometimes when I'm thinking about that, I think that maybe all the drugs and all the invasiveness was just too much for my body all at once. I do think that your body kind of responds better to all the changes maybe 2 nd time round. This is when I got my BFP. I was probably more relaxed 2nd time as well. Just know though that there is nothing else you or DH could have done.

Get back on the TTC wagon when you are ready. No-one will judge if you get back on next month or take some time relaxing. And I also find it really good to talk to the counsellor at my clinic.

I hope you and DH get through the next few days ok. We are here if you need us.

Take care,

Hugs Bel

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast