Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait Thread Jan/Feb 2008

slyder Guest

Default LTTTC Two Week Wait Thread Jan/Feb 2008

Reminder:

This thread is strictly for TWW chatter, and general posts regarding your cycles should stay in the general discussion threads. Please do not double post (one here and one in the chat threads) as they will be removed.

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows
    Sarah_H Admin
    Cailin Admin
    sushee Senior Moderator
    slyder

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Your old thread is here

waiting1 Guest

Default RH76

RH 76 - that must be even a harder 2ww..... not knowing if there is am embryo there.
    I was just saying to DH that I wished I could have a look inside and see what hte embryo was doing... particularly given he took a photos of the cells before i had transfer - if only they could tell us same day and if no good we did another straight away - that would be fantastic as I could then hopefully find the one that works... not to be....
    Good luck ! Not too long to go. Let me know how it all works...
    I am feeling really full at the moment and feel a little bloated.. my greatest concern is that it is fat not the embryo doing anything..... the faint cramping has stopped from yesterday though - the main feeling i have is of continual hunger like an empty feeling in my tummy which I often get prior to AF - but AF is still almost 2 weeks off... but I didn't feel right all of this cycle. Who knows what is going on....in there

RH76 Guest

Hi Waiting1

Photos of the cells! I've often thought of doing that but didn't really know how to go about. It's a nice idea, I like it.

I think cramps are probably a good sign? My cramps have gone now, but I was actually comforted by them last week. Maybe the hunger is from nerves? Try and eat something if you're hungry, even a bit of fruit.

I have felt different for every cycle. My first one I was absolutely positive that I was pg, I even talked to the embie about how DH and I were so excited about welcoming them into the world, what we wanted to show them etc.etc. and it was a BFN.

So, after so many transfers and this time the IUI, I am just hoping against hope that we managed to produce an embie and it is staying! The TWW is hard, today I have nothing to do, not even any ironing! And I am so bored, so of course the only thing I'm doing to pass the time is surfing the internet, and trying to remain positive finding myself looking up baby names, family holidays etc. It sounds crazy but in the same way I think that focusing on having a family keeps me positive that we will have one IYKWIM???!

At least tonight we're going to the cinema, I don't even care what we see, as long as it isn't a film with someone getting pg 'by accident'. Some action thriller would do me nicely, and a nice big bucket of popcorn! Tomorrow I have no plans (job hunting at the moment), Tuesday is DH's birthday so we're going out for the day. Then only 3 days to go until BT and the dreaded hours waiting for result.

How do you keep your mind off the TWW? And if it's another BFN, then what?

Sorry for the waffle.

RH76

Hello,
    DH and I have just started the TWW - ET was yesterday, and our test date is the 1st of Feb. I'm already driving DH crazy and have no expectations of how to feel. I nearly cried at the ET, and then about 5 hrs later had this overwhelming feeling that it was all over and the it was not going to stick. I'm trying not to be negative, but I cant help it. I'm still feeling a bit sore from the stim cycle and OPU as well, so that is not helping.

RH76 - if you need a film idea and have not seen it already, try 'I am legend' - lots of action, no pg people but it did also made me cry (which is not hard at the moment). Good luck keeping occupied and I hope that there is a little sticky embie in there.

waiting1 - good luck and hope that you are feeling a bit better.

waiting1 Guest

farmgirl 77 - all i can say is stop that right now. I honestly did exactly what you did last FET - and it was a BFN. Now I wonder if i subconsciously willed it not to stick... I know that is impossible.. I was exactly the same was miserable during transfer and got back to work and howled for hours and all that night and was so sure it wouldn't stick..... and it didn't. I always thought third time lucky and said to DH that when the cells were more than even ie from 4 to more than 8 (as they were only 8 last time - whcih is normal) that it would be the one - now I am scared that I said that as the cells were at more than 9..... ahhhhhhh

RH 76 - the photos are cool. The first two DH didn't do it but this time when I was coming into the room to have the transfer he was sitting there with his camera. Just got two shots but its great because I can obsess over them.... ahhahahaha. Sorry I didn't realise you had had transfers before - for some reason I thought this was your first.
    I am exactly like you today - bored out of my brain. I have watched dvd after dvd..... I have things to do like washing, but hey... I might be pregnant so am taking it easy... just joking....What is that pregnant by accident film. I am not even remotely interested in seeing that to be honest. I saw 27 dresses the other day - light hearted and good. I am legend was good too !
    Good luck job hunting ! Ill keep logged in - in case you are bored and want to ramble to someone. Im watching sliding doors at the moment - still in pjs should probably consider getting in the shower and doing a load of washing....

If this is another BFN.... then I don't know... I think I will really lose all hope to be honest. You can sort of rationalise the first couple of goes as a numbers game... but if its a BFN, I guess I just keep trying? Luckily, my last two have been natural FETs so no drugs so I have to try to think that it is just like trying normally? ahhhhh its a killer isn't it.

RH76 Guest

Hi,

Farmgirl - thanks for the movie tip. I think DH has booked American Gangster - highly doubt there will be any pgs in that! Here goes with my tip - STAY POSITIVE! There's no reason to think that you'll get a BFN. At this stage it's really important that you think on the bright side, try and imagine a little embie getting nestled in and staying!

Waiting1 - thanks for chatting in here. I must admit that I've been lazing around in my dressing gown, but finally got in the shower! Hey, it's Sunday! I really do not want to do anything in case I am pg so I know where you're coming from with that one. I don't know of any film in particular to avoid, but there was that 'knocked up' recently - needless to say I avoided it like the plague. I seriously do not want to hear about any accidental pgs right now. The only pgs I want to hear about are from BB LTTTCers! I know that's selfish, but I have to try and protect myself.

Sliding Doors is great. I don't think I've seen it since I first saw it at the cinema years ago. I think I've got a dvd of it somewhere. I might just treat myself to some maltesers (naughty I know) and watch it this afternoon too!

My MIL told us that a family friend's son and his wife are pg, apparently it just happened! They don't know if it was on the honeymoon or just before the wedding. I said all the right things, "Oh, that's lovely". When inside I was screaming, "Who cares??? I don't even know these people!!!" A bit mean I know, but honestly, the TWW is not the best time to hear these things. Mind you, it never is really!

Please don't give up hope. I am still hopeful that one day we'll get our little one. With all of the technology these days I don't see why it won't happen for all of us LTTTCers. :hugs:

Here's some for all of us with some thrown in for good measure!

waiting1 Guest

Silly MIL !
    My best friend told me that this awful friend of hers (even she doesn't like her so I used the term friend liberally) got pregnant on her honey moon as well - and I was the same as you.... oh that is nice - I dont know this girl well but I was like I dont care ! She is horrid - of course she gets what she wants when she wants it...... arrghhhh i feel in the 2ww like everyone around me is getting pregnant and like you I just want everyone here too !
    Juno is the movie about the child that falls pregnant - just saw the ad on tv for it - no desire to see that. Knocked up was actually quite good if you can get over the one night stand pregnancy issue.....
    My DH used to say lets just take heroin and live on the street and we will get pregnant straight away - not very nice I know but people will always get pregnant around us....I am sure it will be our turn too - if not this time - very soon........
    I just wish there was a sign........

RH76 Guest

Hi,

Yes, the familiar feeling. Here I am wrapping myself in cotton wool, I eat really healthy food, exercise well, don't eat take out often, or drink soft drinks or alcohol (I cannot remember the last time I actually got drunk - probably about 2 years ago!), and still no baby for me. All around me I see pg women, drinking, smoking. It makes me so mad. My acupuncturist said that every time I see a pg woman, or a baby, I should repeat in my head "it will be my turn soon. I am prepared", but seriously, how many years should I do this for? I actually saw, what looked like a teenage couple with a baby in a stroller the other day, they were both smoking and looked terrible. Where is the sense in this world?

As we're going out for an early movie session soon, I decided to watch the tv instead and watched Relocation Relocation (UK) on foxtel. It's about buying houses. Anyway, a couple were looking for 2 places, a house in the country and a flat in the town. The woman was pg and was pulling up carpet, hiking up what looked like masses of stairs, carrying heavy boxes. There's me on my sofa talking to the tv "what are you doing?! you're pg, sit down and relax". Unfortunately when the presenters met up with them a few weeks later, she had mc and lost the baby. Very sad. but I really felt that she over did it and should have treated herself a bit better.

I have a thyroid problem, and my endocrinologist knows all about the ivf. Her advice is always to wrap myself up in cotton wool and have no stress at all. That's what I'm trying to do in this TWW.

Does your best friend know what you're going through at the moment? We've only told my parents, so my MIL doesn't know, but to be honest, it would make no difference. She keeps going on to my SIL, have another baby, go home and make another baby! It really annoys me. My SIL is a very self-absorbed individual and one that can fall pg by holding hands. Oh well, I'm sure I'm not the only one with insensitive in-laws.

Sorry for more rambling!

Hope everyone else is OK and are surviving the TWW.

waiting1 Guest

I have told everyone actually. I just feel better if I tell people - so yes she knows - everyone knows. My MIL is fantastic. Her eldest daughter - a year younger than me who is in Uk has issues too with both her and her DH so the family are all very understanding. I must say it is much much easier having a family who are not all getting pg around me.Really only about 6 of my close friends have children. A good friend just got pg on her first ICSI go ! and another girl from work after 2 y ttc feel pg I suspect through ivf but she doesnt say - so it does eventually happen it just a case of when is it our turn? I must say when I started telling everyone I thought it would work first time as I dont have any issues - but ah that wasn't to be the case so now I only tell people about the Transfers if they actually ask..just in case it keeps being BFN.
    have a great night tonight. Ill look on from work tomorrow and see how all in the 2ww are coping.

Hello again,
    Just looked in really quickly - thanks for the sticky vibes and I think I'll take a leaf out of your books and be a bit kinder to myself - on the positive this is the closest that dh and I have been to having a baby - so that is a good thought.

Re movie - hope that American Gangster is good -its on the list to c.

LOL at taking herion etc to get pg - my dh had similar thoughts that maybe the one night stand or drunken binge would work .

I'm learning to deal with all the people that have fallen pg after being sneezed on by some stranger standing next to them on the railway station, but what is really getting to me is the pg / baby stories in ALL the glossy mags - when did some editor decide that eating disorders was no longer gossip fodder, but tracking the baby desires then nine months of pg, birth and onwards of bad singers and moviestares (making it sound like they are having a hard time of it all ) was! Give us all a break! Anyway thats my rant for the day.

and fingers crossed to all for a

waiting1 Guest

I kNow !!! Everywhere ! But at least the good news is that ivf works see J Lo and Nicole... and the others who have obviously been trying for a very long time !
    Nicole Ritchie - dont even get me started and what is worse is she looked divine pregnant - which suggests to me that in order to look good pregnant you need to start out at 43kg.......Hmmmmm I would have honestly thought someone so bad to their body like that wouldn't be able to get pregnant - but there you have it - nature is not particularly selective......and jessica alba - another beautiful one - I must say I am a bit happier when I see pimples on her divine face though....

oh well - lets keep going and hopefully we can be joning the ranks too - with a little less money....
    I must also be honest and say poas did actually cross my mind today - I didn't do it - but it did cross my mind... Im only 5dpo anyway so just need to calm down....

jbub Guest

Farm Girl- We have the exact same blood test date! I had my transfer yesterday (this is my first ivf cycle).

Today I am feeling quite bloated, a bit crampy, lower back ache, sore boobs, woke in the middle of night to pee, very tired, off my food a bit moody/emotional. The side effects of the crinone gel and progesterone pessaries I am sure.
    I am trying to remain positive or at least neutral. I know I can't analyse my symptoms as they are just side effects, and I can't do home preg test because of the trigger. Just have wait and see I guess.

Waiting 1 and RH76- I went to the movies today too!!! must be the thing to do to take your mind off things. I was also in my PJ's until about midday.
    I saw the Kite Runner and can highly recommend it. I read the book about a month ago and loved it. Actually the book might be a good idea for you guys - it keeps you occupied for a bit longer!

Is anyone else getting all the side effects? I had NO side effects from the stims etc apart from 1 hot flush from the lucrin.

[QUOTE=waiting1;1112755]
    Nicole Ritchie - dont even get me started and what is worse is she looked divine pregnant - which suggests to me that in order to look good pregnant you need to start out at 43kg.......Hmmmmm I would have honestly thought someone so bad to their body like that wouldn't be able to get pregnant - but there you have it - nature is not particularly selective......and jessica alba - another beautiful one - I must say I am a bit happier when I see pimples on her divine face though....
    QUOTE]

He he he! You made my night!

Sorry I have been MIA for the past couple of days...still in the TWW. Recalculated my dates today and I would say I am 10DPO today and the lines on my tests are still faint (not any lighter or darker) I do however have many symptoms - mostly sore veiny BBs, increased appitite and nausea...which confuses me to no end...surely if I had enough preg. hormone to be giving me symptoms, I'd have enough to give me a darker BFP??? Does anyone know if a trigger injection will give you pregnancy symptoms such as these??

How is everyone else doing? I personally feel like I'm going to burst before Wednesday!

waiting1 Guest

I think you are pregnant !!!! Emma83 - I dont think at 10dpo you would be getting a line from other things. But Im no doctor. I was really sick after my stim cycle - i had every pregnancy symptom under the sun but I dont think the trigger injection does that to you. the progesterone pessaries certainly made my bbs hard not sore (but not veiny which all pg women say they get so is a good sign !) nauseas and hungry too but yours sound more like pregnancy than side effects.....
    Im getting mild cramps again but I think that is my stomach being sore from eating too much....yum roast..and I am getting quite a few pimples around nose and mouth - which I never get... I might get one when AF due but not like this... In fact I was a bit like this with the pimples after the stim cycle because of the hormones. DH thinks Im odd because I keep feeling my bbs for a sign of something....

LOL!! I know exactly what you mean!! Every 30 minutes I'm in the bathroom examining BBs to see if they're blue-er or feeling them to make sure they're still sore. I asked DF a few times if he thought the veins were blue-er than the previous day and he looked at me so nervously, like "am I gonna regret this" ha ha! He's a darling but, evidently, not a BB doctor

Oh, goodness. I hope it's a positive one this month! I also checked the stats on the HPT and it's only 50% accurate 4 days before AF...so fingers crossed. When are you due to test hun??

P.S Very jealous about your roast dinner...we're off to my mums for one tomorrow night!!! Can't wait

waiting1 Guest

IM due to test on 31st but if Im not pg it is unlikely I will make it that far as the last 2 cycles I have got AF before hand usually day 11 or 12 post transfer so today is day 4 after transfer so a little way to go - so I am still relatively calm now and not poas.... which is making DH very very relieved - he hates it when I do that and get myself upset.
    A line is a line as far as Im concerned and I have never had 2 lines ! that is why I love the seratec ovulation predictor as that is the only device I get 2 lines on....
    so I should know around 28th or so. Ill do a poas at 10 dpo as I believe myself at 10 dpo which you are the poas is accurate.... but as I said with the bbs Im no doctor...... adn have been known to be wrong on the odd occasion before. I think you are lucky because at least you know you can get pg having DS already - I get worried something is not right with the implantation.. if I knew it was just a matter of time I might be a bit calmer..... best of luck. I am sure it is looking great for you !!!!

RH76 Guest

Hi,

PG Celebrities. I totally agree with you, why is every magazine covered with them? I actually haven't bought a magazine for a while as it's the last thing I want to read about. Farmgirl - they do make it sound like they're having a hard time of it! I can't believe it. some of them have only been TTC for a short time compared to the LTTTCers in here, yet it's reported that they've been TTC forever! what total rubbish. OK, now I've got that out of my system!

Waiting1 - when we started all of this we told both of our families and friends, but to be honest the in-laws were pretty hopeless. I think they were trying to be supportive but said all of the wrong things. Apart from my SIL who was down right unsupportive. That's why this time around we've decided to keep it to ourselves, only my parents and our best friends know.

BTW - really enjoyed the movie last night! I didn't know it was 3 hours long though, but worth it, if you like that kind of film. Pretty violent, but an interesting story. (American Gangster) - and no pgs whatsoever!

Jbub - lol out loud about the movies! We all had a film day yesterday. Thanks for the suggestion Side effects - yes, cramps, nausea but nothing else so far. As you said, it's so hard not to over analyse everything as it could well be the drugs. Also, so many people (annoyingly) get pg without knowing it for weeks, so maybe it's too early for actual pg symptoms?

emma83 - I so hope your symptoms are pg ones. I've never experienced anything quite like that. they do sound suspiciously positive! Keep positive, maybe they could do an early BT?

Waiting1 - I know what you mean with the lines, I've also never had 2 lines, I've given up with the home pg kit. It's too depressing for me. Also a total waste of money! I think I've said before that the last couple of times AF arrived 2 or 3 days after BT. So I've convinced myself in the past that I was pg, only to get a BFN on the BT. My body is crap. I don't know why DH and I can't make a baby. I just hope this time I have a little embie and it's staying!

5 days to go to BT. I don't mind the BT, it's the few hours afterwards and the dreaded phone call...

Hi
    first time using site so am not sure if I have the right section. I was hoping for some advice on IUI. I hear the success rate is pretty low. I have unexplained infertility and am 38, TTC for 2yrs with 1 early miscarriage. If i'm in wrong spot could someone tell me how to find correct area as am finding this web site pretty hard to work out.
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast