Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No fertilisation with ICSI

Hi Shelly,
    I just wanted to say congrats on your fertilisation - 5 is great!
    Just to add to the thread: for us, for my last stim cycle (my second) I had 17 eggs, 15 mature, and 0 fert. Getting the news was just horrible. No real answers either. Next time, we'll try lower doses of stims & ICSI (though apparently it's not a sperm problem at all). Fingers crossed for you! Let us know how it goes.
    Kazza02, so lovely to hear about your little girl.
    WW
    x

thanks Worrywart for your well wishes... day three today and just got news that 1 is 9cells, three are 8 cells and i is 7 cells.. so i just keep praying that they keep growing strong and healthy...
    shelly x
    congrats on your little girl too Kazza... very special indeed..

Hi Shelly,

That is great news, they sound strong and healthy, will be praying that they keep on growing for you. Keep us updated, would love to hear how you go.

Kazza02

Hi,
    That's a great result and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    We just finished our first ICSI stim cycle and I'm a little down with our results.
    I had 32 follicles developing so thought I was going to get heaps of embryos. But with EPU we only got 10 eggs, only 5 of which were mature enough. Three fertilized, one is ccurreltly on board and one survived for freezing.
    DH and I thought we'd get a much better result than this. Anyway, now we're hoping that this little one sticks.
    The worst part is probably not knowing why things haven't gone as you'd hoped and most of the time the doctors don't seem to be able to give clear answers because they don't know either.
    Best of luck again- I hope to hear good news from you.

Default hi maggi

Hi maggi and thanks for the reply... my first attempt we had heaps of follicles on the u/s.. but only got 8 egg. Only one was mature at the time and two matured a bit later...they were fertilised with icsi but none fertilised... i was devastated...
    so we tried again... had about the same amount of follicles on the u/s... but we did use more of the gonal F and i used luveris...at $165 a needle and i needed 12 of them...not cheap... but it seemed to do the trick..as we got 16 eggs removed and 9 were mature... i was over the moon...anyway, we did the icsi again and only 5 fertilised.. much better than first time but still not great.. it did give me some hope.. rang the scientist every day to see how the little embryo's were going.. they were going really strong for the first 3 days... went in for my 5 day transfer and none were at the blastocyst stage...all really slow growing, so i had the best looking morula transfer... went home and rested, didnt really know what to think...rang the scientists the next day to see how many were frozen...NONE...none made it to blastocyst stage..
    my blood test is tommorrow but i got AF on friday, when i was due... so the little morula must not have arrested the same as the others..
    SO, we will try once again.. i was very emotional this time around.. not at all excited like i was the first time... such a stressful and anxious time for me.. and i know i wil be worst the next time we do it...
    take care
    shelly

Default Hi Shelly

Shelly,
    I will be praying for a miracle for you- perhaps the blood test will tell another story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12