Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ttc / Icsi #1

macca27975 Guest

Default Ttc / Icsi #1

I am so glad that I have read some of the posts, I am a newbie and my husband and I have been trying to start our family for 5 years now. We have recently been told that my DH has a morphology problem and ICSI is the road for us. Before we found this problem we were told that we had an unknown fertility problem, so we have been trying a number of things and in 2003 we conceived on an AIH cycle however 9 weeks in we miscarried.

We are now into day 3 of our first ICSI cycle and I am / we are so nervous. My DH is so supportive and helps where he can. I have been on the Lucrin now for 12 days and started the Puregon (150) 2 days ago, I have my first blood test on Tuesday to see how it is all going and then egg pick up is at the end of the month.

We have our fingers and toes crossed and trying to keep positive and I am so glad that I have found this forum as for me there is nothing better then to talk through this whole process with ladies who have been there or are doing it. So what I am seeking is maybe a support group of others that are doing a similar thing at this time as well.

Hi and welcome to belly belly!

You'll find women going through similar things in the buddies threads. this one has a lot of women doing IVF at the moment. I hope you find all the support and information you could want.

BW

Hi macca

I am fairly new to this forum as well. I have found it really helpful and supportive already though

I am going through my first icsi cycle as well at the moment. I had my egg pick up on Friday morning. Would be happy to discuss stuff with you. I have found it really helpful to talk to people who understand what you are going through.

Hope all your levels are good with your blood test on Tuesday

macca27975 Guest

Thank you Fig and it would be great to walk through this process with someone also going through it at the same time.

All the best with your egg pick up and transfer, how many did they manage to collect?

Fingers and toes crossed for you

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Macca,

you've come to the right place if you're looking for a great support group. Come introduce yourself in the monthly thread here. The girls are great and I'm sure they'll be fantastic for you at this exciting time!

Fig, been waiting for you to turn up there too! Don't be shy!

Hi Sushee

Thanks for the invite have posted there now

Macca; I posted a reply in the thread Sushee suggested. How are you finding the Puregon? I felt a little weird on it for the first couple of days then my body setteled into it.

macca27975 Guest

Fig: - What can I say about Puregon, I am not feeling to bad but I guess today is only day 4 on it, so maybe in a few more days I might be saying different. I feel weird giving myself two injections each afternoon, and I am not sure if this is something I will every get use too

I guess after 3 AIH cycles I kinda knew how I would react on Puregon but then I was only on 58, now I am on 150. So I am not sure how I should be feeling.

The nurse at the clinic said to expect to feel a little emotional. They explained it to me as if you have PMS symptoms then it is like that.

So at this stage feeling a little bloated and I guess a little nrtvous at times, but over all better then expected.

How has Puregon affected others and does it mean anything if you are feel OK or could I say normal?

I think the thing that is on my mind the most is the egg pick up, I am not sure what to epect there or how many eggs they would like to harvest and then how many will survive after 5 days.

macca27975 Guest

Hope all are doing well, where ever you are up to in your cycle.

Day 5 BT today. My results from today where basically looking at my Oestrogen, which where 2400, the nurse said at day 5 they should be around 400 or 500, so they have reduced my Puregon to 100 instead of 150, to slows things down a little and then another BT and US on Friday. They said a reading this high can mean either I have lots of little follicles growing or some rather big ones and at this rate if I don't slow down I could over stimulate. I really don't want to over stimulate, would rather nice healthy eggs, really don't want to waste this cycle.

Has anyone been in this situation before, and if so shed some comments from their experience?

Macca - I have gotten to the point of overstimulation previously and it is very important to rest as much as possible and have HEAPS of fluids. Hoping that it sorts out for you and you have a great result!

macca27975 Guest

I would like you say a BIG THANK YOU for your positive words on the over stimulation topic, it helped heaps and calmed me down as well, thank you!

Well Another UPDATE: Day 8 BT & US today. Today was basically looking at my Oestrogen again and also seeing how many follicles are there and what size they are. Looks like reducing my Puregon to 100 has slowed things down a little which is great, so my Oestrogen was 4640 which they said was good for this stage in my cycle. The US show 17 little follicles, 11 on the left and 6 on the right, but at the moment they are still a little on the small side and still need to do some growing so another BT & US on Monday.

I was also told not to expect all these follicles to have eggs and they don't always make it through to egg pick up, however I still was rather surprised at the number, I was really only expecting to see half that. Now this explains the bloated feeling and tight feeling in the lower stomach

I am feeling much better from these test results today, was feeling that I was going to over stimulate and they were going to cancel the cycle but now all seems to be going good again so now we just have to wait and see!

Hope all are doing well where ever you are up to in your cycles and for and I we get to see some soon

Hi macca

Great news about your estrogen levels. 17 follicles WOW thats fantastic, hopefully you get lots of nice eggs from that.

Hi Macca

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck. My husband also had a morphology problem and we had "unexplained fertility" for about 7 years. I am now 27 weeks pregnant after my first ICSI cycle. Just wanted to give you some encouragement to keep positive, looking forward to hearing about a great outcome for you soon.

Cheers
    Char

Hi Macca,
    Also, just wanted to wish you luck!!
    I was also TTC for about 6 yrs. We did IVF ICSI - got only one egg and as a result we now have our beautiful girl. I really hope it goes well for you. Just remain and think positivly!

Hi Macca,
    I too wanted to wish you all the best, when we did IVF each stim cycle we often had about 40-50 follis and never really had hyperstimulation but as Keen said keep your fluids up and take it easy. The cycle that hurt the most was a pick up of 10 ! My DD is also a ICSI baby. Good luck hope it is a great cycle
    Bec

macca27975 Guest

all, thank you so much for all your positive posts, they have been great and really appreciated.

and to you all and hope all is going well, where ever you are up to in your current cycles

Update on me: Day 11 BT & US yesterday. Everything is looking good, found 27 follies, which I was surprised to see, as only seen 17 on Friday. Another BT today and it looks like EPU will be on Thursday. Now a little nervous as I keep thinking what if they pop all the follies and find no eggs, but I am trying to stay positive and think this will be fine, but I guess time will tell.

Macca

Good luck for tomorrow with your egg pick up. I am sure they will find lots of eggs with all those follicles

macca27975 Guest

hope all are well! Thank u for your support and kind words, it made the last few days a lot easier to deal with, thank you.

Just a short update on me; yesterday was EPU and I think I was more concern about the eggs that would be collected, I didn't really think about how I would feel. Well on a good note 16 mature eggs where harvested, and should find out today how many of those have been fertilised , however my tummy is so tender and I have been told to keep an eye out for OHSS, as I am at risk. How long does this feeling last for? I was thinking before hand that I would be back at work today, but really I can't get off the couch, but because I am drinking so much water (they said to drink 2-4lts a day for 3 weeks) I am up and down to the loo .

Anyway I am sure this feeling will pass, as I start Gel on Sunday and Transfer will be Tuesday, so then I will be able to join others in the 2ww period.

Enough complaining from me, I knew I would never make a good patient.

Anyway n for you all

Macca

I completley understand what you are going through with the pain from the egg pick up. No one told me it was going to be painful either. I think i remeber 'its a simple procedure that shouldn't take too long'... I think they forget to mention the afterwards part

For me the pain was pretty much gone after the first couple of days with just slight niggling after that. Well that was until the last couple of days anyway. I have started bloating and am in a lot of pain at the moment. They suspect i might have OHSS.

So, you got 16 eggs thats fantastic. Fingers crossed for you that they all develop. I am guessing from your dates for embryo transfer that you are having a blastocyst transfer. Did you decide that or is that just what your clinic does? I did a blast transfer and was terrified the whole 5 days waiting for them to mature.

Anyway enough from me, goodluck with fertilisation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast