Thread: prolactin levels too high

Emma.M. Guest

Default prolactin levels too high

Well i went to the doctors today, and got my blood test results, my prolactin levels are way way too high!!!

Which is caused by stress (not surprising)

I need to go for a MRI scan to get my gland looked at , which is booked in for monday week, i couldn't get in before that. damn it.

But in the mean time i can make an appoint with the girls at the clinic to get the IVF under way.

Has anyone else had there prolactin levels too high?

Hi Emma M

Years ago I had breast milk produced and I wasn't pregnant or just had a baby and they checked my prolactin levels and they were high. I also had the scan done to ensure that I didn't have a tumour on my pituatary gland in the brain. I fortunately didn't have a tumour and they told me that I had to reduce my stress and the levels would decrease over time. I have had my levles checked every couple of years since this time and they have been normal. They also told me that most people with high Prolactin levels it resolves by itself and is no known cause other than stress.

I hope your scan goes well and you can continue on your TTC journey. All the best and "try to relax" (lol) Hope this helps

I have had higher than usual prolactin levels but the GP said that may have been raised due to the fact that i was stressed with getting a BT done ??

I have had headaches for the last 4 months so am a little worried now!!I have also spoken with the DR regards to head spins that i have been getting and visual disturbances - but he is just saying that it is middle ear

Emma.M. Guest

Hi Racey and pitapata,

Thanks for the replies, I guess i will have to try my hardest to relax!
    And watch movies on my day off work.

Which i find is the only way i can relax.

I am also thinking of going for a massage every couple of weeks, hoping that will help.

If anyone has any ideas how else i can relax please let me know

Thanks again.
    Emm.

hehehe - can you let me know too!!!

[email protected] Guest

Angry Donna nsw

MY PROLACTIN LEVEL IS 1838 & I ALSO HAVE A LEVEL OF 72 ON MY eGFT VALUES WHICH THE REPORT DOSE NOT EXCLUD THE PRESENCE OF RENAL DISEASE ARE THESE TWO PROBLEMS LINKED:

I know this thread has been quiet for a couple of months, but figure it can't hurt to post and see whos out there.

I had high prolactin levels in the 900 when i was first tested in MAR 08 and my FS then tested me another 3 times in the following few months and my level never got below the mid 600.

Just had a test done the other day and my results were still elevated at 633....apparently mean't to be under 500. So i have been told i will need an MRI.

Anyone out there had the same prob? I know the possibility its a tumor and that this raised level affect fertility - just wondering why FS would have stopped testing last year when results were still elevated?