Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: puregon

chickie4hubba Guest

Default puregon

Hi my name is JD and i just wanted to know if there is anyone out there that is TTC on puregon or already is pregnant from this treatment i have just finished my third cycle the first i had a chemical pregnancy, the second i ovulated before the doc knew and the third time lucky it worked i highly reccommend this treatment so many women are concieving on this treatment if anyone has any questions please drop me a line and the other thing i wanted to know is it normal to have a HCG level of 125 15 DPO

JD,
    I also did cycles on Puregon after clomid failed me...the only problem was for me that so many follies came up I was banned from bding as the ethical risk of having 12 embies...it was either a feast or a famine.
    I'm glad it worked for you as for levels..ahh I'm not sure 125 seems a little high if nothing is going on. But then again I have no idea of levels

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

From what I understand that is okay - anything over 100 they like to see I will send you a link to beta base -can't post it here

xyzz Guest

I am so glad to hear that someone conceived on this drug. While the injections aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be I hit a blood vessle on my third shot and got a massive bruise. It looked worse than it felt. Did you have the hcg injection?

Hi all I am new to this site I have been on the i-am-pregnant site for a while now but it is good to finally find an Australian one. Anyway I have been ttc since aug 06 diganosed with PCOS dec 06. Given Clomid for 6 months that didn't work so now been put on Puregon I was hoping to find other women who have had success with puregon. It is great to know there are other woman out there going through the same things as myself.

Hey Wishing baby, I've just sent you a private message, I hope you don't mind!

hi ladies
    didn't see this thread in the past - i'm currently almost 23 weeks pregnant with a bubba conceived via puregon for ovulation induction - it works! might take a while to get the right dosgae and timing, but i have had success!

BG

Briggsy's girl - thanks for that, that is so good to know. I had my first injection this morning. The FSH is to support IUI for me so I am very excited and hoping it will work. There is no reason for it not to but it's scary and exciting anyway.

What does were you on?
    Thanks so much!

And congratulations!!!

i have super stubborn ovaries so was on 200IU a day for 9 days before the IUI - got 3 decent follies, one bubba on her way

it may not work straight away, but i have everything crossed for you

BG

I'm ovulating ok, but my FS wanted me to super ovulate.

Getting an US on friday to see where we are at with my follicles.

Keeping everything crossed and just getting through the next week.

Thanks for your input BG!

I'm on FSH for IUI as well - 75 a day. Can I ask what clinic you're going through Sue? I'm with Dr Kilvert at QFG Brisbane. MY 4th IUI planned for Mon!

Hey Shades,

I'm with Dr Wynn Williams at Eve Health which is now part of QFG too. He is a wonderful man and we have been seeing him for the past 2 years, he diagnosed all of my issues.

I had my appointment yesterday and took my first dose this morning - 50 units.

I've got my ultrasound next friday and we have a look at my follies and decide from there when we do my IUI.

Good luck for Monday!

Love Sue x

Thank you! With the feeling of them 'winging it' at the moment I reckon I'm gonna need all the good luck I can get!

Hi girls, Just found this thread and was thrilled to find people going through same treatment as me! Good luck to everyone!

I am on my first FSH cycle after Clomid not working (I have PCOS and don't ever ovulate). I think I have ovulated on 75 iu and am 8 DPO. I have been having really sore ovaries and this is the longest 2 weeks of my life! My final blood test is on my birthday too!

I'm wondering if anyone else had sore ovaries and also if it's likely that I'll get my period before my blood test (which is 18 DPO) if it hasn't worked, or if the blood test will be the first indication of success/failure? Also if it doesn't work how many cycles do they do?
    Also, how careful should I be being with things like exercise and alcohol.

Briggsy's girl- so great to see that you're 23 weeks!!

Looking forward to hearing anyone's experiences.
    Lots and lots of luck!

LS

LS - assuming you have a normal(ish) luteal phase (LP) you would get AF about 14DPO give or take a couple of days, so you would know before your BT I think. Having said that - for you that the evil cow stays away and you get a !

Hey,
    Can I join in here with a couple of questions? Am on second cycle of puregon 125 dosage (started at 75 first cycle and slowly increased). I have bee injecting for 20 days straight now and am very frustrated. Had a small follie about 12mm on Fri and am being scanned again on Tues. My question is has anyone had depression, anxiety and panic attacks as a result of this medication? I know that clomid brings on these types of feelings and I had this when conceiving DD on clomid but not sure if how I am feeling at the moment is a result of the puregon or could it also still be the clomid in my system-had three cycles of clomid in August, Sep and Nov so quite a while since I stopped the clomid and started the puregon.
    Any thought appreciated!

I don't know about *getting* depression from being on Puregon, but I have it already and I know the hormones make it worse/less stable and so harder to deal with.

Thanks Shades,
    I didn't actually mean getting depression as such more just feeling depressed. I have been to my GP and she seems to think that it is not depression but the medication playing with my emotions and feelings a bit. I have not been diagnosed with depression in the past but as I said had a bad experience with clomid last time so maybe I am a bit more susceptible. If you don't mind me asking how do you cope with it all? I am finding it difficult to get through some everyday tasks at the moment and am considering stopping the puregon as I have had enough of feeling like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast