Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Results are in...I have antiphospholipid syndrome

Possums, don't be too hard on yourself about feeling low I was low for so long after my last m/c, you have deal with it all in your own time - don't feel that you have to be chipper if you don't feel that way. No doubt about it it is a hard road to travel post m/c and when it is also not your first one and you add difficulties falling pg to that mix, well it is not a happy situation to be in to say the least!

But you are strong and trust me when I say there is light at the end of the tunnel. I thought I would never get there sometimes but I did and yep the odds are very much in your favour! But yes, I won't lie to you about the fear of future losses either, the fear is not easy to deal with and I still feel worry quite often even this far along. I really have been a total basket case at various times as well

But I will finish by saying that I'm looking forward to seeing you announcing your pregnancy really soon

All the best

megsmum, thanks for making me feel comforted and also normal! your support is appreciated...

No worries hun Hope it helps!

It sure does megsmum ... I am so glad I stumbled upon this site a year ago..ladies like you have helped me through a rough 12 months

Hi Possums,

Gosh, I don't know how to feel with your news.
    I am so sorry you have this condition, but on the other hand thank goodness you now have an answer. I hope that now knowing this you'll be able to get the care you need to have a wonderful, healthy pregnancy with a beautiful ending.
    Take care of yourself babe.

XX

Possums - dont be hard on yourself for feeling down, or not feeling optimistic that you now know what is happening..I still feel 'cheated' out of a 'normal' pg - even though things are going well. And you have suffered great loss to get to this point - and that will never go away.

People ask me all the time if I got MS and then proceed to tell me how lucky I was that I did not...then I tell them very nicely that I'm lucky I did not get MS because I dont think I could handle giving myself 2 injections a day and throwing up!!! Wipes the smile of their face a little - I hate peoples judgement that somehow because I did not get MS I have an 'easy' pg!

I resent the fact that I have trouble enjoying being pg because I'm worried about what the APLS might mean for the baby, and that I still live for scans to make sure that Tex is growing well.

So dont be hard on yourself - what you are feeling, is normal, as is still being worried and wondering what you/we did to be in this position (we did nothing to deserve it - it just happened), and that it is unfair that we have to go through this. I totally understand and am happy to hold your hand, as we all need support as we travel this journey!

FG- thanks for the support and sharing how you feel. That feeling of being 'cheated' is something I definately relate to, and I also have plenty of anger and resentment which rise in me from time to time, along with the general sadness and worry!
    I am now trying to dig deep and find hope and positivity as we have begun another IVF cycle, and also because feeling so low is not healthy I am sure!
    I hope all is progressing well for you still? I also hope you are able to enjoy the pregnancy a bit more as time moves forward for you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123