Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive with IUI #3

Diamond - you gave me courage too

Default Day 21 Tests

WLB - Pregnyl is human chorionic gonadatrophin (sp) - hCG. Otherwise known as pregnancy hormone. We use it for two reasons:

1. As an ovulation trigger to ripen an egg and of course trigger its release. (usually Ovidrel)
    2. As luteal support (usually Pregnyl)

For luteal support, Pregnyl stimulates the ovaries to produce more progesterone. Progesterone will thicken the endometrium to support implantation. It also feeds the fertilised egg.

At what point you use Pregnyl is irrelevant in terms of the Day 21 bloods. Diamond is right in sayong a good Day 21 result proves you did actually ovulate. But it can also indicate that an egg was fertilised and is feeding itself and seeking implantation.

All our clinics are administering the Pregnyl differently. Mine gives me the 1st shot on the day of IUI, then continues with three shots a week until we're sure we've got nothing. Diamond's clinic seems to give her about three shots in the TWW. Yours is giving you two. No doubt this is because our needs are all different.

In my opinion, no Day 21 BT is professional negligence. Even if your clinic doesn't offer it, you can ask your GP to order it. For us, Day 21 is the 7th day after your trigger injection (as opposed the real Day 21 on your natural cycle).

One last thing - it could be that your "program" with Melbourne IVF doesn't include a Day 21 BT as a cost cutting measure. However, this blood test is fully covered by Medicare. At IVF Australia, you sign about 4 medicare slips up front and they use these throughout the cycle to claim for the BTs they do. You definitely are well within your rights to ask for this test.

Good luck! Let us know what your result is.

:-)
    OP.

Good Morning Ladies,

OP - again a wealth of knowledge. Thank you for your lovely post - it certainly made me smile!! I hope you are right and that I will have no need for the jeans, but I do not want to get my hopes up very much. As you know the higher the hopes the harder the fall...

I am sorry this cycle has been written off :-( how frustrating for you. I was hoping you could be a poster call for natural IUI cycles and that this would be a success for you. I hope you are coping ok with this, but remember it is not over till its over ok.

Also, re: my high prog levels. I am on the hcg injects, 3 of on every 3rd day i.e day 3/6/9. Do you think this is why my level is so high? No, no more tests for me until the preg test on 5th Dec. Perhaps this is a good idea though... I will give it some thought...

WLAB - I agree with OP that the day 21 is very important, and highly unusual that it is not ordered. I think you have made the right decision to ask your clinic about it - at least get their version of why it has not been booked. You are a former IVFer right? Did they not order this test for you then?

Morning all

OP - sorry for not sending a message regarding your cycle being a no go this cycle, I was so annoyed last night with my fs - I couldnt see straight - here is my belated hug and

I have rang FS and just waiting on a call back - will keep you posted as to the outcome ..

I didnt get to have the trigger as I showed a + LH Urine Test Surge - so If IUI was Monday - should I book for BT for Sat ?

Hi Diamond and Shades - hope your both well

wlab - are you getting blood tests to confirm your LH surge? Any ultrasounds to see size/number of follies? Why are you using urine tests?

If your IUI is Monday, have a chat to them then about the day 21 test. Tell them you would prefer it to be done. As Op said, it is 7 days after IUI procudure. If you have IUI Mon than I would expect the test on the Sunday.

Default Diamond Days

Diamond,

When I had a fabbo prog result like yours, my clinic said it was all my doing. So I'm thinking the same can be said for you here.

How many follicles did you have? You know the hormone levels can detect multiples at this point. How brilliant would that be!?

:-)
    P.

OP! Crickey!! Multiples!!

I think you are getting three or four steps before me. I certainly would not complain though

I had various follies, but 1 dominant at 18mm. There was many others, some as big as 15mm or even 11mm off memory. But I am trying not to place too much stock in this result, its a long wait until my next blood test...

Diamond - Multiples .. Imagiane the joy ... I hope we all have a lovely set of multiples - and we can start a new forum called " IUI Mulitple Pregnancy's" - Just took a deep breath and visualised that happening to all of us

AFM: My IUI was Monday the 24th, I had two scans -

Day 10 - 3 dom follies 11, 13 & 10
    Day 13 - 2 dom follies 14 & 15 (couldnt locate the 10mm on my left ov)

So Puregon was upped from 75 to 100 - which I secretly upped to 110 - I thought oh why not - whats ten iu - naughty I know ...

Was booked for IUI on Tuesday the 25th - Day 17 -

FS had given me the trigger to do sunday night at 11.10 pm ... HOWEVER ....

I naturally surged over the weekend, picked up by the Urine Tests (Seratec) that MIVF give you in case you surge naturally, I was pos on Sat and then I did another sunday, pos again, rang fs that night and she said come in Monday instead...

I BD'd Sat and Sunday in case IUI missed ... -

FS didn't do another scan before IUI - so not sure how they looked on Monday - I hope they were nice and fat and look like they needed a week on the treadmill (he he)
    -

Actually just reading my post - and I thought follies grew 2mm every day - so mine were really behind

When I had my ET x 2 embies on IVF - we went on a holiday 2 days after implant -and they ttw flew - this cycle I have done IUI and I am going insane - b/c I am here in Melb, there is the funniest thread to read while you are ttc and the ttw - havs you guys read it -

Hi WLAB,

Thanks for the update on your cycle - I am on your page now (for some reason I thought you had not have IUI yet....must be the drugs effecting by brain...)

So you had IUI on day 16, and at day 13 you had 14&15mm follies. 2mm growth a day, by lets say 2 days (was IUI first thing in morn?) then those follies would have been 18 & 19mm. So sizewise it looks A OK 18mm is my clinics requirement for the trigger injection, but you were ovulating on your own so this was not required. I recall you have O pains as well, so timing sounds like it was perfect! And two follies have doubled your chance of success

No I have not seen that thread - can you pls post a link?...

Oh - and how true is the obsessive tww!!! Thank god I have got BB, and all the lovely IUI ladies, otherwise i would go insane!!!!

D, Your so right re the support and complete understanding of ttc - I speak via computer sometimes more than I speak to my g/f on the phone !!! That's Ok - Im alllowed a little self indulgence

I dont know how to link the page

It is under

Conception General Discussion
    Attn: TTC'ers Looking for a Laugh - u will ROFL - I had tears in my eyes

Hey all,

So if I'm right, WLAB, you're currently in your tww? When are you next booked for BTs?
    Diamond, you're also in your tww? And Shades, did you have your IUI yesterday?

OP, guess you and I are looking towards 2009 with high hopes There will be BFPs in our futures! For the others, we hope they're Christmas presents this year.

I'm ticking along with the diet changes, no weird or wonderful things happening yet. Doing a lot more exercise - I think going to the naturopath inspired me to get back into some better routines, not to mention you guys. I'm glad to have found this - even if I'm not posting, I do read the posts and it reminds me that I'm not alone and that there is light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm thinking at the moment, the naturopath said that 4 months of treatment would get my body in a better situation for baby making so I could think about delaying IUI for another couple of months to get it all good. However she said the couple of months we do have will make a difference anyway. I don't think I can wait!

Also, re multiple pregnancy - it scares the beejeezus out of me! I don't particularly want twins, let alone triplets, but if it happens I'll take em all! If they didn't IUI me because I had 4 follies, it wouldn't stop me BDing like it was going out of fashion.

Anyway, hope you all have great relaxing weekends planned - I don't, I'm playing sport all weekend but that's good fun anyway. Take care!

Default PCOS Hope

WBM, just wanted to tell you one of my old work colleagues was on clomid for PCOS. She's since had four babies - two singletons and one pair of twins.

She was brilliant - her advice was don't let anything stop you from pursuing parenthood. Not money, not jobs - nothing. I've taken that advice on board for myself even tho I'm not PCOS.

My original GP's sister was also PCOS. She thought she could never conceive so she never bothered with contraception. And you can imagine what happened... she ended up pregnant. :-) My GP did say that weight plays a part in PCOS. If you can get the weight off if will make your ovaries think you're in a famine and they'll start throwing out eggs. However, PCOS is a devil for keeping the weight on, isn't it?

My point is, PCOS won't exclude you from becoming a mum.

Aargh... this fertility this is NOT a science - whatever they tell you! It's potluck... Had my IUI today, not feeling positive, reasons gone into on my Blog... hope everyone else is feeling more positive about their attempts!

Hi Everyone,
    Just poping in to say hi

WLAB + dIAMOND - When is your BT - hope your both coping ok and feeling positive

Shades - have you had your IUI?

OP + WBAM - Hi guys you have both spurred me on my health kick ways! Hey WBAM are you on metformin?

AFM: Day 4 of 100IU puregon for me - this dose stings alot more than the 75???? I go down to 75 tom then hve BT E2 Mon then scan wed. Im feeling good trying to go for 5 km walk every day and have been eating heaps of fruit and veges - still feel really bloated though and don't seem to be losing any weight though .

Anyway i'm off to paint my skirting boards today (i hate painting!)

xxBella

Shades we must have posted at about the same time..... i have tried to get into your blog but it won't let me??? Are you ok? xx

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast