Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Trying to Conceive with IUI #3

Yay for OP's

Maybe I should come down to Syd and visit your clinic!!

Default dodgy HPTs

This is why I stay away from HPTs. They can be so unreliable!!! And I think you must have had a lateish implantation as well OP which would have meant it was too early anyway.

I am so over the moon for you!~! I am hoping you BFP is a good omen for my bt tomorrow.

WLAB - when was/is your last pregnl injection? Your clinic is probably making sure it is 7-10 days after this. How did you go with your 2nd prog test today?

Default Dates n stuff

WLAB your AF is due 14 days after ovulation, so for you that's December 8. Fertility clinics like to do a BT 5 days after the period is due - this is to see if you AF and if not, to get a good strong result.

We did my IUI on Nov 19. The trigger was on Nov 18 so I'd calculated AF was due Dec 2. When we went in there today I was saying no to the BT because I've been 2 days late before and AF has kicked in in the arvo. My FS was saying lets do the test to put you out of your misery. But I was saying I was happy to wait. I think she was the curious one this time!

I think you're prog level was good and waiting for the 2nd prog level is a good idea. But just leave the preg BT til the 12th. I know the wait is tough. Last month I nearly had appoplexy when the clinic didn't answer the phone for an hour on our test results day!

Mean time, eat well, rest well, keep up your vitamins and be kind to yourself.

:-)
    OP.

Default Clinics

Shades, from memory I think you're in QLD, right? Is there a women's hospital up there? I'd be checking them out and looking for a Department of Reproductive Medicine. That's what my folks are called in RHW. The program is totally managed by midwives, although doctor stuff is handled by a doc that's based in the professorial suite in the Hosp. They've taken such good care of us and if there's anyone like that in QLD, I say go for it.

OP.

Default Progesterone Tests

Well I rang the lab and my Prog is 39.09

What on earth does that mean - Im not PG am I ????

Default IN the game

WLAB - that means you're still in the game! Very much so.

Look at the crappy progr result I had. It went nutso without me even knowing.

So stay cool. You can't toally interpret that result without the hCG level. But to me, that's still very good.

Nice to see that ticke I put on my signature didn't work. Shades, maybe I should be getting you to sort me out!
    P.
    Last edited by OriginalP; December 4th, 2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Update

barney Guest

im trying hun to find out as much as i can What does the test result mean?
    Interpretation of progesterone test results requires knowledge of where a woman is in her menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Progesterone levels usually start to rise when an egg is released from the ovary, continue to rise for several days, and then either continue to rise with early pregnancy or fall to start menstruation.

If progesterone levels do not rise and fall on a monthly basis, a woman may not be ovulating or having menstrual periods. If levels do not rise normally during an early pregnancy, the pregnancy may be ectopic and/or may be failing. If serial measurements do not show increasing progesterone levels over time, there may be problems with the placenta and fetus.

Levels of progesterone will be naturally higher during pregnancies that involve multiples (twins, triplets, etc.) than those in which there is only one fetus.

Increased progesterone levels are also seen occasionally with luteal ovarian cysts, molar pregnancies, and with a rare form of ovarian cancer.
    Increased levels are occasionally due to an overproduction of progesterone by the adrenal glands.

In late pregnancy, low levels of progesterone may be associated with toxaemia and pre-eclampsia.

When is it requested?
    Progesterone levels are measured:
    As part of an infertility assessment, when a woman is having trouble getting pregnant and the doctor wants to verify that she is ovulating normally
    To determine if and when ovulation has occurred following drug therapy to induce ovulation
    When symptoms, such as abdominal pain and spotting, suggest an ectopic pregnancy or threatened miscarriage
    To monitor the effectiveness of treatment when a pregnant woman requires progesterone injections to help maintain her pregnancy
    To monitor placental and fetal health during a high-risk pregnancy
    When a non-pregnant woman is experiencing abnormal uterine bleeding

Normal levels of progesterone at 7dpo - > 15 ng/ml
    A progesterone test is done to confirm ovulation. When a follicle releases its egg, it becomes what is called a corpus luteum and produces progesterone. A level over 5 probably indicates some form of ovulation, but most doctors want to see a level over 10 on a natural cycle, and a level over 15 on a medicated cycle. There is no mid-luteal level that predicts pregnancy. Some say the test may be more accurate if done first thing in the morning after fasting.

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/conc...gesterone.html
    i just found this here on bb
    My progesterone started out low at 9, dropped to 6 and my RE started me on PIO (progesterone in oil injiections) 2cc/day and my progesterone went up and was 54 at last check. I am now 8 1/2 weeks. Good luck to you but you might want to ask about something more than the prometrium.

Beth - Va
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Beth - Va
    Send email to Beth - Va
    Find More Posts by Beth - Va
    Add Beth - Va to Your Buddy List

05-04-2007, 10:02 PM #3
    Milix I understand your concern very well. When I was pregnant with DS, I also had low progesterone levels (around 9 if I remember well). I was put on 2/day 200mg prometrium, my level went up a bit (around 15 was the last level tested), and the Dr. was cautiously optimistic. Well, my DS is a healthy 18 mo now.
    There is a lot of controversy about progesterone levels in pregnancy. Some will say that a low progesterone level could mean there is something wrong with the pregnancy to begin with, but some women might have naturally lower progesterone levels and everything is fine. Talk to your Dr. and discuss your options,

Wishing you a smooth pregnancy
    Last edited by barney; December 4th, 2008 at 05:18 PM.

Hi Everyone,

An update - my scan was great and my e2 levels were good also - they almost cancelled me as to high risk for multiples - x3 follicles at 19mm and "quite a few not far behind", my E2 was 1500 so i was given the option - i have chosen to trigger and go for IUI tom at 230
    I am so excited!!!!! but also very nervous (worried it will hurt!). So DH is cooking my spag bol tonight am i'm relaxing on the couch!

will post after IUI tom.

xxBella

Congratulations OriginalP!Wishing you a H&H 9 months
    Regarding your ticker, just use the UBB code for your BellyBelly ticker. Contact a moderator in the messages section if you can't work it out.

Time for a new thread ladies. You can find it HERE.

Wishing you all BFPs!
    xx

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718