Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive with IUI #3

Megsmum - congratulations! Hope your TWW results in a BFP! and I hope your ovaries are feeling better now. I felt more symptoms last month, but this time the FS lowered the gonal-f dosage and I barely fealt a thing.

Kaydee - yes I am finally in the the last week. I was reading some of my paperwork and apparently they dont do a BT until 19 days after the IUI! So I still have a while to go before they officially test, however if there is no AF by friday I might start to get a little hopefull. BTW we are on the same day in our cycle, so if this fails, we'll be starting IVF treatment at the same time!

Other then that, not much going on, I have only just started to have tender breasts, but I dont feel any different to any other month, so as much as I'd like to be positive, my hopes are slowly sinking.

Hi everyone else! Its been quiet here, what is everyone up to? I guess most people have moved ot the 2WW forum.

Hi everyone, this thread seems to have gone quiet. Hope you're all doing ok.

Luckystrike and Megsmum, I've been reading in the other threads you're down to the one week wait! Exciting and anxious all at once!

Luckystrike, your clinic definitely keeps you waiting 19dpo is a long time to wait!!

I'm still waiting aound for AF to arrive (cd31).. maybe a good sign?! Cycles that are untracked range for me from 28-35 days. I poas 2 days ago but showed -ve, I don't know if it might have been too early. Trying to stay hopeful.

Kaydee - Oooo, fingers crossed for you for this cycle! You just never know, after all you have to be in it to win it. All the best!

Lucky Strike - I replied to you in the other thread, but good luck again over the next few days. Hope AF stays away!

AFM, have posted in the other thread, but I have just had blood for prog levels done today and hoping for a good number. But apart from that not much is happening, just getting heaps of cramps from the pessaries, but apart from that don't feel any different this month to any other.

It is quiet in here now isn't it? I think there might not be many of us left here soon, unless one of you lovely ladies gets a pre-IVF BFP. I hope so!!!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Kaydee - thats sounds really promising. Wouldnt it would be great if we both dodged IVF and got a BFP! I am actually CD30 (thought we were the same but must have made a mistake). When I was PG with DD it wasnt until I was about 6 days late before I got a BFP. I remember testing 4 days late and getting a BFN and then 2 days later when I retested it was positive. Good luck, and I hope you get a nice suprise over the weekend.

Megsmum - good luck with the prog levels? and hope the 2WW isnt dragging to long for you.

Everyone else have a nice weekend!

Kaydee and Luckystrike, Good luck for testing this month, that would be awesome if you both got bfp's and avoided IVF!

Megsmum, I hope your prog levels today were good, and this next week flies by. Whats your testing date?

to everyone else, it certainly has gone quiet in here.

I'm still just waiting around, our FS appt is in a week, and we've got our IVF counselling session on 6/8. Our clinic only does it on a Wednesday, and that was the first date we could both attend (DH works shift work, and it gets hard to work around his shifts sometimes).

Have a lovely weekend everyone

Alloy - All the best for the FS visit and counselling. Hope it all goes well.

Well I don't have any good news I'm afraid Prog was only 21 and I'm on 2 pessaries a day. I really don't think we'll have any luck this cycle, if we do it will be some sort of miracle I think. I've also posted in the TWW thread, but we're going back to the FS on the 29th to talk about where to from now, my clinic nurse thinks we should go straight onto IVF. I don't know though, it seems like a big step when DH is not keen and I seem to be ovulating OK at least part of the time. I guess we'll do a couple more IUIs if the FS thinks it is worth it and then go to IVF then if we don't have any luck. I'm thinking it's worth giving it a go on a higher dose of Clomid first before IVF. I'm really pretty bummed about it all tonight

Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd let you know this cycle was a big flop! I'm on CD2 today.
    I am now moving into IVF this month. Picked up the drugs today, starting pill on saturday and will take it from there! Its so overwhelming, I really dont know how to feel at the moment. Angry that this cycle didnt work out, and scared about moving into IVF, but at the same time I feel more positive that this will work.

Kaydee - did AF finally arrive or did you get a BFP and are lucky enough to avoid IVF? As much as I hoped, it didnt happen for me.

Alloy how did you FS appointment go? Are you moving to IVF in Aug?

Hope everyone is well and a little more cheerful then me!

Hi Luckystrike,
    I'm still hanging around... Spotting - too heavy for any chance of +ve result so I just haven't tested now for days -but no full on AF. I plan to ring clinic in the morning and ask for advice... I'm now cd 36 and want to get started but don't know if it's just a waiting game for full AF before I can start.

Good luck with ivf... I'm hoping to be chatting with you soon and swapping notes about ivf experiences! I really hope it works out for you. Think positive - you're moving forward!

Alloy, good luck for Friday.

Hi to everyone else still hanging too!

Hi Ladies,
    its been a while since I last dropped in, sorry to hear that there hasnt been any positve news, this ttc is such a rollar coaster. There are so many posts to catch up with , so I apologise for the lack of personal responses. feeling very jet lagged at the mo, we got back from the uk yesterday after a very long journey, good to be back, but not enjoying waking at 3 in the morning! I had a fantastic time, totally relaxed and partially put this ttc in the back ground, went out drinking and partying with friends, which was so much fun. I continued on the vitex and vit B6 (200mgs a day) to lenghthen my cycle out, as my problem was short luteal phase and low progesterone, which it seems to of done as I got my this morning still in disbelief! I am about 5 days late, but was too nervous to take a test any earlier as didnt want to be disappointed.Had my blood test today and levels were all good.
    I love that vitex and vit B6, i am convinced that is what did it for me! of course being relaxed may of helped also! I really had got to the point where i just needed a break, I had done the paper work to start IVF next cycle, but had decided to wait a while as physically and emotionally , i just wasnt up for it!
    Amy - sorry not to of answered your question on vitex earlier, didnt get to go on the net much whilst away. I took the vitex all through my cycle, first thing in the morning. I read in a book that if you have irregular cycles, ie too short, you can increase the dose. I took 4 mls which was equivalent to 800 mgs, ( only changed to this dose quarter way through though, was on 2 mls before then).
    For those ladies that have progesterone and short cycle issues, give it a go!
    Megsmum- If your not sure about IVF , give this a go for a few cycles, it will rest your body as well. You sound like you are in a similar situation to me, I also have a child and wasnt ovulating properly, low progesterone as well. I am convinced this is what did the trick, and I also know a few other girls it worked for as well.
    I think there is a thread on the forum somewhere about it. My FS didnt know much about it, but as i have said in a previous post, my day 21 progesterone levels were way higher than anything before, 66 last month. 87 today and I am 4 weeks 2 days, still very early days I know!
    Good luck to all of you ladies that are moving into the world of IVF, I have everything crossed for you all, I look forward to hearing about your

Fi x

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't come into say hello, everything seems to be changing in our lives at the moment.

Fi - OMG congratulations, I am so happy for you
    Kaydee, Luckystrike and Alloy - I am so glad that you are all moving on to IVF, I hope that this brings a +ve for all of you.

AFM my original appointment with the FS was booked for the end of August but they called us on Monday with a cancelation for Tuesday, so we were over the moon that we were able to get in so much earlier. We are now booked in to start IVF late August/early September, I can't beleive it is all happening but FS said that there is no point in continuing with IUI because it is not going to work for us. Now is counseling sessions and information seminars.

Have a good weekend Ladies

Hi ladies,

Fi - Congratulations, that is great news

Amy - That is so good about the cancellation and bringing your IVF forward. Good luck with it all.

Kaydee - Sorry about the spotting I hope AF has shown up for you by now.

LS - I know I already said it in the TWW thread, but I'm sorry about your BFN and good luck with the IVF.

AFM - BFN this cycle too, got the BT result yesterday. After the prog result though I am not surprised and not really bummed out ATM - I got that out of my system last weekend after the prog result! Oh well...

We are off to the FS next Tues with the aim of convincing him to let me go to FSH injections. I've decided that I want to give them a go before moving to IVF, I really think it's a bit premature to go to IVF after 2 failed Clomid/IUI cycles. I would like to give the FSH/IUI a go for maybe 2 or 3 cycles I think, but I'll see what he has to say about it. He doesn't like doing FSH for OI because of the risk of multiples, so I have to convince him that DH and I will obey if they cancel a cycle I might be the only one in here next month!

Have a nice weekend everyone

HI all,

Fi, Congrats hunny, that's awesome news. All the best for a healthy and happy pregnancy

Luckystrike, I'm sorry to read about your bfn, I hope your feeling a little more positive today.

Megsmum, I hope the FSH works out for you!!!

Kaydee, good luck with the IVF, hopefully it will only take one shot for all of us, and we can celebrate our bfp's together!!!

AmyM, I'll be starting IVF late August/September too, so we'll be able to share notes and experiences

First things first, I have to ask, what does AFM mean?

We had our FS appointment today, just went through the results of the Lap, and then discussed moving onto IVF. We went through all the risks and everything, all of which I was already aware of from my research into the subject. We've got our information session, and counselling set for the 6th of August. We'll be doing a down reg cycle, so I'll start with the nose spray at the end of my next cycle. The blood tests will start on day 2 of my next cycle, which isn't too long away now (I'm CD18 today) so I'm glad we won't have to wait too much longer. Not looking forward to the anaesthetic for the egg retrieval, but I'll just have to put up with it I guess!

to anyone I've missed

Alloy,

AFM =As for me

Took me a while to work it out too LOL

Hi Everyone,

Alloy - sounds like a few of us will be moving to IVF next cycle. I started the pill today so my egg retrieval should be around early sept, i think. Anyway i'll have to join one of the other threads soon to speak to others who are going thru it.

Megsmum - I'm so sorry things didnt work out this month. Good luck with the FS, regardless of his views on things, he needs to do what is right for the situation, so I think you'll be ok. And if he is not willing to try other things then, maybe you need to consider going to someone else. I know its a hasstle but if you arent happy then you might need to think about it.

Fifi - Congratulations on the beautiful news. Its nice to see some happy endings. Hopefully th rest of us will have some luck next cycle.

Amy thats great news they could move you up. I remember how frustrating it was waiting for all my appointments. Sounds like you wont be too far off me with the IVF aswell as a few others, so we should be able to compare notes!

Kaydee how are you going?

To everyone else continuing with IUI good luck! Hopefully you wont need to go down the IVF rd as a few of us have just begun, and hopefully we all get to chat in one the pregnancy forums soon!

Hi everyone,

Fi, a big congratulations to you! Best wishes for a wonderful pregnancy.

Megsmum, good luck tomorrow... be strong - hope you're FS is understanding and is flexible in his approach.

Amy, great news your fs had an earlier appt free.. much better than waiting around. Looks like there's quiet a few of us moving onto ivf.

Luckystrike, looks like we'll be cycle buddies. I've started on the pill now too. Have an appt with nurses mid august to pick up spray and meds.

Alloy, my fingers are crossed it only takes one go... great news that you're able to keep things moving. You'll be into it all before you know it!

Best wishes to everyone else still continuing with iui. Hope your journey ends with the +ve result we're all hoping for... To all the girls starting ivf, I look forward to chatting with you in the other threads.

Thanks for the well wishes Alloy and Kaydee, but we're on for another cycle of Clomid and IUI this month after the FS appt. I'm not totally happy with it (probably a bit of an understatement ) as the FS was quite receptive to the idea of FSH injections, it was just that DH is not prepared to proceed with a cycle if there is more than one follie. Too bad the FS is pretty sure that there would be more than one with FSH

So the FS has suggested one more IUI then onto IVF, which DH also has a problem with I won't go into it because it is a bit personal, but hopefully we can come to a compromise and go ahead with IVF next month. We're going to go back to see the FS in a couple of weeks to talk about it further and hopefully get the ball rolling, I don't want to muck around waiting as I am not getting any younger. I really don't expect to have any success this month at all, so I expect it won't be too long before I'm joining you all doing IVF. Good luck to everyone!

Hi, I'm new to this site. I have start my IUI #3 cycle. Is this the right place? Is anyone doing IUI in August?

Hi there DLT,

You sure are in the right place

I'm on CD6 of my 3rd (and last before IVF) IUI cycle, so will definitely be doing IUI in August, provided there are no hiccups of course. I think I'm about the only one left in here doing IUI, most of the other ladies are moving on to IVF now, so it will be nice to have someone to chat to Welcome!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast