Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Concieve with IUI #1

Hi Paula, glad to hear you and DH had a great weekend away...just the thing you need to keep your mind busy..
    And congrats on your last Pregnyl injection
    Belinda, I too am getting sick of seeing every second women PG...every time I go to the shops at Winston Hills they all must turn up the same time as me....oh yeah when they have 3+ other kids walking with them too....don't get me started on that.
    I try to think of the women walking around me who from the outside you can't tell...but maybe there are others walking around feeling the same as me..women who are having issues falling PG....and we know that they are out there...
    Good luck today with your Blood test...let us know how you get on.
    Polly, u come up for air yet?

Hi Girls:

Nicole: Yes cheeky i have resurfaced to the land of the living. I think if i see his willy one more time before next month I'll be sick.:ms: So sick of the sight of it. Geez they are ugly.Hahaha. Good luck with the progesterone bloods sweety. I have had negligable symptoms this month as well. I nearly vommitted yesterday morning but that could be because i don't normally eat breakfast and did yesterday,or maybe its because of my cold. Who dosent have a cold at the moment? As for cm i also noticed that i had zero this month;no idea what was with that,but maybe need to get a hold of some preseed. Can't fathom the idea of using egg white thats gross. As for everything else no symptoms;not one.
    Belinda: Fantastic effort on dh mininmising his beer even with the footy defeat and the fun enviroment of a wedding-well done. And yes get him onto the blackmores bio zinc c. Excellent product and cheap compared to all the pre conception ones that we take. What date do you test, lovey? We are all very close in dates this cycle arent we? Funny. Congratulations on the last injection. My last one is thursday.
    Paula: Hi honey,How are you going with the waiting and how much longer till you can test? I really hope you are feeling well and coping with the wait.I must admit the wait isnt worrying me yet. I am able to put it out of my mind easily but maybe that is because it is still so far away. And i know about the wiping thing. Last month i was exactly the same. Everytime i went to the loo i was digging around trying to find HER and praying i wouldnt. Horribble feeling.Its a wee for godsakes not a covert operation, but i couldnt stop myself. I am back to the land off the living and df is back to the normal mere man, where i am "Get off ME" "geez". Havent ya had enough yet? I'll send him to an early grave i'm sure.He must feel like he is riding a pendulum. This damn cold is annoying the hell out of me. Oh well off to work so i can spread it around. There philosophy is if you arent dead or having (IVF) you should be at work.I'm my normal self just with a rudolph nose. Cant wait to hear from everyone. Lets talk heaps and make this week fly by.

I hear you both on the pregnant women all around. On our getaway this weekend, DH & i could not believe the amount of preggy ladies we saw. It was crazy. DH joked that it must be a boring lil town as they mustnt have anything better to do. But at the same time we were both thinking well at least we came to the right place for baby vibes.. haha

I have to say though that i have also realised that there are suddenly sooooo many women out there that have problems conceiving. You dont realise how many people are going through the same thing until you start talking about it. It really suprised me.

Polly, you make me laugh!!
    Your sense of humour reinforces that if you can't laugh about it you'll end up crying ...
    "Digging around trying to find HER", "covert operation", "riding a pendulum"....what else you got....I love it!!

What would we do without you Polly... Your hillarious

I love how you said you will be sick if you see his willy cause they are so ugly... lol your funny!

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to the bb forum... Just starting my 2nd round of oi-iui. Picked up meds today. Looking forward to chatting with you all along the journey..

Hi Kaydee,
    Welcome to the iui group. Lovely to have you visit us and hoping you get a wonderful result with your second IUI round. Looking foward to getting to know you better and sharing in your journey.

HI Girls
    Firstly, welcome Kaydee! So glad you joined us, look forward to swaping stories with you.
    Polly, you just make my day with your posts! I am really feeling depressed today, but you just made me laugh!!!
    Nicole, Winston Hills S/C is the breeding ground of the Hills district I'm sure!!!! Maybe we should go and sit on a bench and hope the baby germs will jump on us! I totally understand the whole 1+ kid thing. Every time I see a pg women that already has a baby all I say to myself 'thats just plain greedy!!!'
    Had my first bloods today. It looks like my bits and pieces are not going to be as co-operative this cycle as they were last cycle. I responded straight away last month, but according to the clinic nurse I am a little slower to respond this cycle. So, my next blood test is Thursday morning. I also spoke with the clinic nurse about weight gain. I have put on a heap of weight around my stomach area since starting the treatments. Have any of you noticed any weight gain (or am I the only unlucky one!)
    Well, hope everyone is travelling well. Talk Soon
    Belinda

Kaydee, welcome to BB!!
    We are all happy to swap and share our IUI stories....Looking forward to chatting with you
    Belinda, first on weight gain...ditto on the tummy area, I hear your pain....It's not just you
    I recon if we take a seat in the play area we will be sure to catch those baby germs
    As for your body not responding as well this time I spoke to the nurse today, as I am a little nervous on my bloods tomorrow cause everything is soo different this time around.
    She was lovely and said that no two cycles, pregnancy's side effects etc will ever be the same and not to be disheartened.
    You will be fine mate, by Thursday so much can change in your body and you don't even know it's happening.
    Keep the end result in mind and know that every day you are a step closer

Nicole, I had the same talk today with my nurse with regards to the cycles and how they are all different. She said that last cycle was very early and it will probably be a little longer this month as my body gets use to the meds. It has probably worked out for the best though. My boss is down in Sydney on Thurs and I have to attend my quarterly sales meeting. At least now I don't have to come up with some excuse as to why I can't attend.
    I'm just having a ****ty day and I think I might go and have a little cry by myself...Bye!!!

Take care Belinda, if you need us we'll all be here.
    Last edited by Nicole S; April 1st, 2008 at 03:25 PM.

Sorry ladies, just needing to check if my computer is working....I think it was trying to kill itself.
    Anyway hope you are all having a nice night

Hi Kaydee and welcome to our thread. Just out of curiosity, are you on Puregon? How did you find your previous cycle? Which clinic are you going through?

Thanks for your welcome! I've been reading for the last few weeks since discovering the site and thought it was time I joined... Our attempt at a 2nd oi-iui cycle (March) was cancelled before it even got started - still had follicles left over from first cycle. The last month has dragged waiting for AF so we're finally back on the treatment bandwagon... It's great there is a site allowing us to share our experiences. As Paula said, it's surprising how many women have trouble conceiving but it's not until you start talking you realise just how many.

Polly & Nicole.. TWW is torture. Gotta find some distractions!

Belinda... GL on Thurs.

Fingers crossed for all of you.

Hi Paula, I'm on Gonal-f. My first cycle all happened so quickly once I got started. U/S 6 days after starting injections showed 1 dominant follicle ready to go. IUI was completed one week after the treatment had started. I'm hoping this month is smooth sailing.. it's quite emotional all the waiting and hoping each step in the process does what it needs to do in order to progress further...
    I'm going through Westmead Fertility Centre. Where are you going through?

My cycle has been quicker than what i expected too. I had my blood test at day 9 and it showed i had responded well so i had the IUI the next day. I hope it worked Im at IVF Australia at St George Private.

Hello

How is everyone going today? Its rather quiet in here.

I have been doing lots of searches about Pregnyl today to find out if it can give you cramps etc as i have had AF like cramps for a few days now, lower back pain, i cant sleep at night but then i am really really tired during the day and my BB are sore and swollen.. And yes it is all a result of the Pregnyl. Damn drugs. Im not assuming or suggesting that i think they are pregnancy symptoms, i just hate feeling like rubbish all day long

Hey Paula, don't be discouraged mate...just cause it feels like AF it still might not be.
    I have heard that women feel AF pains and they are PG!!
    I am waiting for the clinic to call me to find out if I O this month....the waiting is killing me.
    This mornings bloods did not go so well...the vein was not working but the nurse just got just enough for the test....thank god.
    It took me 1hour and 20min to get to the clinic...when it normally takes me 15 min...then had to fly to work...
    Hope everyone else is doing well today...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast