Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Concieve with IUI #1

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Trying to Concieve with IUI #1

This thread is for those members that are undergoing IUI to try to conceive.

If there is anything you would like to discuss about the thread or have any problems then please contact one of the moderators. All emails/PM's are treated confidentiality.

Your moderators of this forum are
    Sarah_H Admin
    Cailin Admin
    sushee Senior Moderator
    slyder

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Yeahhhh...thanks Sushee.... our IUI thread!!!
    Belinda, Polly, Paula...any other Musketeers how great is this!!
    Belinda, so glad you purchased that little outfit...I too have purchased a couple of little things along the way, I generally buying something after we had our first injection, the IUI or whenever something draws me to it. It makes me hopeful that one day those items I purchased for our unborn will mean so much ...It keeps me positive, and when I feel like crap I have a look at the things I bought and know that the end result is not too far away.
    Polly, good luck tomorrow for your IUI....
    Got to get ready for work, will chat with you latter

Wow this is fantastic... Thanks Sushee.

I had my second pregnyl injection today and it was a little ouchy.. But all good. Now i have three days off with DH on our relaxing and romantic getaway then one more week till our big day.

I too have to admit to having bought some baby clothes along our journey. How can you not. Some people see it as a jinx or that it may make it harder when you see the things and havent had positive results but i dont agree.. I agree with Nicole and say that it just reminds us of the wonderful end result.

Nicole i just realised that your preg BT is just a few days after mine. How amazing would it be to be belly buddies! And of course with everone else!!
    Last edited by *Paula*; March 28th, 2008 at 08:57 AM.

Thankyou Sushee, it is greatly appreciated!
    Hello Muskateers!! We're Baaaaack!!!
    Nicole, I have always stopped myself from buying anything, mum is convinced I would jinx myself. Not listening to her anymore!
    Polly good luck for today, hope all goes well.

Just thought I would give a brief intro of myself for anyone that is new to the IUI thread as most of us here have known each other for a while now.
    Me(Belinda) and DH have been together 9 years, married 1 year. TTC #1 since Apr 07. Unexplained infertility, although it looks like DH sperm is on lower side of normal. First IUI done March with a BFN. Have just started on round 2 of IUI with puregon injections.for the BFP this month for myself and my fellow muskateers Nicole, Polly and Paula!
    Belinda

Belinda my mum also believes its a jinx... But thats why i dont tell her

Once we all have a big belly we MUST meet up!

All for One and One for all Musketeers
    I too will give a little history for anyone new to IUI thread:-
    DH and I have known each other for 13+ years, married for 4.
    We have been trying for baby #1 since Feb 05...making this our third year trying.
    One M/C November 06 and nothing since...we have as they fondly call Unexplained infertility?!?!!?
    This is our second cycle at IUI and are hoping for our BFP!!
    Last edited by Nicole S; March 28th, 2008 at 09:44 AM.

I guess i should share my story too... haha

DH and i have been friends for 8 years. We have been happily married since Nov 2005. We have been TTC since June 06. Since i have PCOS, we knew we would need assistance with conception. We tried clomid for 5 cycles at various doses. Although i ovulated twice on 150mg we didnt conceive. After a 5 month break late last year we have decided to get back on the TTC bandwagon and here we are now at the end of our first FSH/IUI cycle. We are currently being treated by IVF Australia.

[[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Magenta"]FONT="Georgia"]Yeaaaaay Sushee,
    You are the best.

Ok girls were are you all at. ? Come get with the iui party. I am off today to have my transfer done at 4.00. Still not feeling overly positive but hopeful. I hope Paula finds us in here as she has been MIA for a few days. I hope everyone has had a good day. i actually took a rdo today so that i could go get the procedure done and i was amazed as i had to tell my boss why all the late starts and stuff. she was totally suportive. told me how much they love my work and that they will support me 100% with the ivf. I was amazed. still don't love the job. But its a job not a carreer.I can't see myself leaving now with that kind of support. Especially when I've only been there 2 months. Fingers crossed that today is the day for me. Omg- i think i'm nervous. I've got little flutters.At least it is fantastic weather for dtd. I love the cold. Things are so much more passionate.Hey Nicole I hope youve been busy dtd?

Polly do you mean the other Paula? Cause im here

Yeah Polly.... were all here!!
    It's great that your boss is supportive, it makes one less thing to worry about!!
    Ditto on feeling nervous and having butterflies...I was the same on Wednesday before my IUI, I went to eat a banana and thought I was going to be sick...but it was a good feeling
    Good luck today and remember no heavy lifting..
    As for the BD since IUI, DH and I have come up for air....he went fishing this morning probably needing a rest

Nicole, DH fishing again!!! HAHAHAHA. What is with our DHs. There are too many similarities, both like the dragons, both love to fish.

Yeah...maybe they were separated at birth?!?!?
    He is on his way home with 4 Kingfish the largest is 70cm...yummmm.
    How you feeling at the moment Paula?
    It would be great if we all could be belly buddies next month!!

Hi Gals,

YEs Paula; I meant you! Hehe there is only one Paula and its fantastic to see you. How are you going with the waiting?
    Nicole and Belinda: I am feeling well i think. I had the iui done and well last month his count was 10 million which was a little low and we wondered if it was because of antibiotics he was on. So i encouraged him to drink loads of water and take a multi vitamin and also got him onto a zinc supplement and totally off the smokes-not even 2 a day. Todays count was 100million. I couldnt believe it when the fs told me,nearly fell off the chair. So i have 100 million tadpoles swimming around searching for the right egg to get cosy in. That thought alone makes me feel nauseas. Then tonight we get busy dtd again and all the way through till monday night. Its very tiring. My tummy is achey and i wonder if i'm even up to it?
    He also gave me an ovidrel injection to take home this time and said to do that next thursday as it is meant to help to lengthen the cycle and sustain a pregnancy. Don't know about that. But we didnt do that last IUI so i dont know if someone forgot to tell us. we used to do it that way with timed intercourse. is anyone else doing the injection a few days after iui or is it just me. i'm so nervous still. How silly,its not like its new to me. Just feel totally wired. Really strange. Anyway a busy weekend planned trying to be sneaky sneaky around the kids. he might have to wash my back in the shower and i might have to drop the soap. Hmmmmm;ohh that sounds like funnn. Oh boy i must be ovulating if i'm in this mood. god i have to keep a lid on it till the kids are in bed and then i can jump him. Can't wait. Yipee:nana:
    Last edited by pollyanna; March 28th, 2008 at 05:32 PM.

What the 100 Million!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Crap!!!!
    DH was in the bathroom room as I said this figure out loud....and couldn't believe it.
    I since looked in the kitchen cupboard and have made him take a zinc tablet for good measure.
    Polly, a small army has descended on you....have fun BD all weekend

OMG Polly....that number is amazing!!! I showed your post to my DH and suggested that he follow your DH's lead. I have to say He has been quite good this month. We went to a wedding last night and he only had 4 beers. He found it quite hard but was kind of excited that he woke this morning without the usual headache after a night on the beers!
    Nicole, how are you feeling? I have my first blood test tomorrow, but I have to say I am not getting the achey ovary feelings like I did last month. Hope this isn't a bad sign!
    Paula...how are you coping with the waiting?
    Belinda

Hey Belinda, good work on DH behalf....I thought with the Dragons loss a beer would numb the pain
    I too am not feeling anything the same as last cycle.
    Had some lower cramping after the IUI which ended on Friday.
    No sore BB, didn't even have any CM this month, even though when they were doing the IUI the nurse could see it...
    To be honest I am not hopeful at all ... and to top it off this morning I have woken up with a head cold
    Sorry for the doom and gloom...but after all it is Monday.
    Oh yeah I have my progesterone test on Wednesday so I am looking forward to find out if I did O as I don't think I did

Hello ladies,

i am back from my lovely romantic and relaxing weekend away with DH. We had lots of fun

Polly 100milion tadpoles, thats fantastic!!! Well done to your DH.

Belinda good luck with your BT tomorrow. Hope you get some good news.

Nicole best of luck with your progesterone results. How come i didnt have one of those?

Well i had my last Pregnyl injection this morning and it really stung. Kind of like a wicked send off. I have also had some lower back pain and slight cramps almost like the beginning of AF cramps over the weekend. Its still too soon for AF though isnt it? I keep checking everytime i go to the loo.. Please stay away you wicked witch

Hi Paula.
    I too had the pregnyl injections. I was told that pregnyl can cause some slight cramping, which is normal in the early stages of pregnancy as well as a sign AF is coming. You can't really read too much into any symptoms you may get as the pregnyl can be the culprit. I had a good, long talk with the clinic nurse about the effects of the pregnyl and she told me to just ignore everything I was feeling, don't POAS and sit tight for the PG test. My last injection also stung! for you. Stay away from Paula AF witch!!!!!!!!
    Polly and Nicole, hope you are both travelling well.
    Sending all three of you
    I attended a wedding of good friends of ours yesterday. Of course all anyone talked about with us was when were we going to have a family. I am very open about what we are going through, so I am happy to talk about it. I still have a chuckle to myself when I see people's faces after they have assumed DH and I are not ready and I let them in on the secret! Priceless!!!! Now, is it just me or is every second women you come across these days pg??? I think I am starting to go through that resentful stage and I am hating myself for it. I'm smacking my own hand as I type!!!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast