Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ April 2007

Hey Penny!
    I feel your frustration! I have not O'd "apparently" and still no AF. I am on CD38 today. I spoke to my FS yesterday and he said to wait another week or so for AF to come naturally and if it doesn't then I will more than likely have to take Provera again to make AF come.
    I had a serious melt down the other day! It was awful, I just cried and cried and cried.
    I have been feeling so queasy the last few days and so tired and cranky. It is no good at all.
    I really hope that AF comes soon for you and me!!!
    SAM

Hi Ladies,
    Man this week has just been crazy.
    Hayseed - thanks for that, makes me feel a little better. We filled in and sent of the registration forms for IVF, even though I am only halfway through this cycle. I figured we might as well start the ball rolling and get the prelim tests out of the way. Who knows, I may go in for an ultrasound and find I am pregnant.
    Penny and Sam - so sorry to hear that you are both still waiting for AF, it must be terrible, as much as I hate her rearing her ugly head, it's bad enough having a 2ww, let alone a 3 or 4ww. Heres hoping that if the witch is coming she does it sooner rather than later.
    Well my DH and I are off for a 4 day weekend in the grampians. First time we have ever had a holiday without the kids (sound funny saying that in here) we didn't have a honeymoon, so we are really looking forward to it.
    Heres hoping everyone else enjoys the rest of the week and has a good weekend.
    I'll be back next week.
    Take care all

AUZZGAL Guest

Penny: can you get your FS to give you (provera) i think i to bring on AF?
    Aggg that must me so so so frustrating i know the first cycle i was starting clomid mine didnt arrive until 38 days and i was going out of my mind!!!!!!!
    Hope it all works out !!

Well im on cd7 finished clomid so i should 0 in the next week or so!
    Nothing more to update at the moment
    Hope everyone is doing well and we get lots of BFP's this cycle
    All the best Kristie

Penny, if you didn't O at all, it is correct that all your OPKs would have been negative. It sounds like upping your dose is the right move, but when did your dr suggest you take it? And the next cycle would be how many on clomid? If it is the 2nd or third, I'd stick with the days your dr suggested.

ATT, I agree with getting the ball rolling as far as getting signed up with IVF despite still being in the middle of an active cycle. These things seem to take forever when you are waiting to start!! We will do the same if I am not pg by the end of the 3rd cycle - ie. register for IVF (again!) when doing 4th clomid). Actually, FS suggested we sign up sooner than later.
    Have a wonderful time in the Grampians. I used to live at the foot of them about 7 years ago. Lovely area.

Fingers crossed for you Auzzgal.

Cd 43 today girls;I'm so down on this whole TTC thing. I don't feel like doing anything.
    I took 100mg of clomid CD5-9 and it was my first round. My doctor only said AF would come sooner or later. I think I may wait through the weekend and then I'm calling him. Hopefully he'll help me with something. I hate to say this Sam but I am glad I'm not in the boat alone but know your frustrations! Like someone said it's bad enough for the 2ww but 3,4,or 5 is for the birds!
    I will keep you all updated as I get anything but wish you all the best!
    My doc says next cycle he is uping my dose to 150mg clomid. Should I take them CD5-9 or what do you think? Just curious.
    Have a great one and I'll talk to you all soon.
    Hugs~

hi penny

i know how you feel with the clomid hun - i had clomid days 5-9 - and AF decided not to come visiting again until the doctor gave me provera to bring her on. hoping that doesnt have to happen for you

good luck hun

AUZZGAL Guest

Hi Girls,
    Hope everything is going well for you all!
    Im on cd 11 hoping to catch the eggie this month
    Anyone around my cd to be buddies?
    Good Luck to all
    Kristie

Sorry to barge in here like this but I have a ? about clomid and figured this was the best place to ask it

Is clomid just used for PCOS sufferers or can it be used to regulate ovulation or boost ovulation? Reason Im asking is my ovulation seems to be all over the place (if I ovulate at all) which results in my cycle being anywhere from 22-36 days long. Im due to go see my FS to sort it out and was curious to know if he would consider putting me on clomid.

Thanks so much for any advice you guys can give me!!!!

Hi AnnaT. Clomid isn't just used for women with PCOS, it's used for pretty much all disorders that involve ovulation - women who are annovulatory, luteal phase defects, not ovulating well enough, also for women who may have lost a tube as it can help them ovulate on both sides. It seems to be the first line treatment in many cases, but it just doesn't work for me. I only ever had one round of 50mg, which didn't make me ovulate, but did give me severe anxiety problems - so bad that I'm not willing to ever take it again. My FS is trying me on another drug (we may be doing IVF, but I still need to ovulate somehow in order to have a FET) which is fairly new - letrozole. Does the same thing as clomid, but uses a different mechanism in the body.

Hope this helps!

BW

SamanthaLynn Guest

Default Hi

Hello Ladies..I'm Samantha. I have Stage 2(Mild) Endometriosis. I have bee ttc #1 for almost three years now. I didn't get dx with Endo until June 06. I was put on Clomid 50mg in September and got pregnant the first round. I miscarried twins at 8 wks and 10wks in Nov. I have been on 5 cycles of 50mg Clomid so far with no luck since the m/c. I am now on Metformin 500mg twice a day and Clomid 100mg. This is my first time on Metformin and my first time on 100mg of CLomid. I am not use to the 100mg..its really making me tired compared to my 50mg. Hope to get to know each and everyone of you.

Good Luck to each and everyone of you with ttc. I get so fustrated sometimes, but I still have hope.

Hi Samantha,
    Welcome to BB!
    I hope that the metformin and Clomid 100mg is the right combo for you
    Have you had a laproscopy to help with your Endometriosis?
    Also, when are you taking the Clomid? I take mine at night and it seems to minimise the side effects because I am alseep.
    SAM

Guess I can sit myself in here for real now! Hope ya'll dont mind
    My FS has decided to put me on 50mg clomid for 4 cycles and is pretty sure it will be our magic fix for TTC. He told me that the reason why we keep losing pregnancies is due to a 'corpus luteum insufficiency' where the CL cyst that forms in early pregnancy and releases the hormones to sustain it while the placenta forms is dissolving before its supposed to so the pregnancy miscarries. The clomid should fix that.

So bring on a baby!

Any advice about clomid etc is more than welcome. I took my first tablet tonight.

Anna, my FS thinks that CL insufficency is one of my problems as well. I am not on clomid to address that though (also had VERY short LP too), but I am on oestrogen tabs for most of my cycle and then when I get pg, I am on oestrogen patches and progesterone pesseries to assist horomone levels until placenta kicks in around 14 - 16 weeks.

Hope clomids works well for you.

Welcome Samantha. Hope your stay here is short and sweet!

Well, I am nearing the end of my TWW and I have had a little bit of spotting for a few days. Don't know what to make of it, so I am not getting my hopes up nor becoming too upset at the sight of it. Just sitting on the fence until something is revealed one way or another. Been here too many times to get too excited or depressed.

SamanthaLynn Guest

Have you had a laproscopy to help with your Endometriosis? Yes, I had it in June of 2006. It was burned off and I havent had any problems since.

Hayseed, wow I have only just heard of this CL insufficiency and now youve told me you have the same thing. Ive been wondering how common it is considering all the m/c's I hear about. Funny you should say about the oestrogen patches and progesterone pesseries, I was thinking last night shouldnt I be on them. Might have to ring DR and ask if I get a BFP.

Afternoon Ladies,

Hayseed - Had a wonderful time at the Grampians, it's a very beautiful area.

AnnaT and SamanthaLyn - Welcome, may your stays be enjoyable but brief.

Sam and Penny - Any sign of the wench yet?

Man this 2ww has been the longest that I think I can remember, I really feel for you Sam and Penny! I am on CD22 today, didn't even have a blood test on CD21 (I guess my gyno has decided that since I ovulated the last 2 times, I would this time as well, either that or he is fairly convinced that Clomid will not work for us and is not going to bother with any more tests now that we have been referred to IVF)
    Have registered and received our information pack in the mail last night, I had a quick scan through the documents, but have not booked for the prelim tests yet - will have to read through the documentation again.
    I have had really tender breasts the last week and I am wondering whether it is a symptom of the Clomid had anybody else had this as a symptom?

Hope everybody else is doing well.

Hi ladies,
    Well today is CD49 for me...how-ever my doc called me in provera yesterday and I took
    my first of 5 10mg pills yesterday at 11am. After I start my AF he has uped my clomid to 150mg. He said days 5-9 but what do you think? I only want to take it to benifit me...does that sound concieted? I want this to work and I heard that taking it different days could help. Just wondering!
    Sam.has she found you yet?
    I'm still feeling kinda bummed but glad that doc is finally doing something.
    Oh yea on the OPK's when do I start testing? My doc says start on the 13th day. I'm just asking because last cycle I got nothing and I'm just worried that I won't with this one.
    I also got the musenex(spelling wrong)for CM...the tablets are 400mg/how much and when do I start taking this med to help with CM?
    I know that the only way that I'll get preggo is with your help everyone here seems so smart and I just know I'll get it but love the advice you all give to me!
    I haven't started my AF yet but praying she comes very quickly so I can move on to round #2. I hope and pray this works this time! I FEEL for all of you that have tried this more than 2 times and have gotten no-where and I hope thats not the case with me and hope that you all get those BFP very soon!
    Thanks for any and all advice!
    Hugs and I'll talk to you soon!

Hey Ladies...hope you are all well.

Penny, I really hope that AF comes quickly for you! I take Clomid on Days 5-9 too. I would say to just take them when your Dr says.

ATT, fingers crossed that this Clomid cycle is the one for you so you don't need to go onto IVF. I have never had tender breasts when taking Clomid....maybe this is a good sign for you?

Hayseed, how is everything with you? Is it testing time yet?

Kristie, any sign of O yet?

AnnaT, I hope that the 50mg gives your ovaries the kick start they need!

As for me....I am on CD45 today....no ovulation on 100mg Clomid. I spoke to my FS yesterday and he said to take Provera for 7 days then wait for AF then start 150mg Clomid. If 150mg doesn't work I will have a laproscopy done and then start injections.

Have a great day girls!
    SAM

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast