Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ December 2006 #3

Hi belinda, we decided to take this break. I just told the FS that I was taking one and she thought that was a really good idea but she didn't tell me to take one. That would be difficult to be told to take a break because it is not what you want but in our case we have been talking about taking a break for a while so I feel like I am ok with it. Not over the moon that it got to this stage but ok with it all. Isn't it stupid that we all start having dreams about TTC stuff it must be on our minds 24-7. Lets hope that when you go back in March you can start again straight away.

Thanks Briggsy's girl for checking up on me gorgeous. How are you feeling today anyway?

hi ktgirl

glad to see that the decision to take a few months off was self imposed - i know DH and i have talked about the whole TTC thing, and we're trying to be as realistic as possible.
    i am something of a control freak, so we figure spending a few months of full on trying, then taking a break, is the easiest way of making sure i'm still in control of my own life - if i had a doctor tell me when i was and wasn't allowed to TTC, i think i'd lose the plot!

as for my day today, it's already been very long. DH has caught the nasty gastro bug that's going around, so i'm trying to be compassionate but still avoid him like the plague it's really hard - i want to make sure he's feeling ok and well looked after, but i have been having some pretty ordinary side effects from the metformin since the dose was increased a few weeks back, and neither one of us wants me to get this bug. i slept on the couch last night (or tried to anyway), so feeling pretty ordinary today - sitting on the couch watching DVD's and doing some research into private health insurance (was it you that was asking about that recently?) - in between checking on DH and making sure he has everything he needs!

why can't things just go normal for us all for a while? like we need any more curve balls thrown into our lives at the moment!!

Briggsy's girl- I am sending lots of feel better soon vibes to your DH. But like you say avoid him a bit as you don't want to get sick at the moment either. Yes that was me recently talking about private health cover. I got a pack of my Dr today about IVF with a list of the costs in there so I am going to do a little more reasearch myself. Enjoy watching your DVDs today. I had to come back to work today :frown: wish I was still at home but oh well. Hope that you are feeling better soon.

Calixelaine Guest

Hello Ladys, i just have a question that iam wondering if any one could help me with. i took clomid days 2 to 6 of this current cycle and am on day 27 now, i havent every had a regular cycle but since septmenber 06 ive had 20 to 22 days in a cycle. i found out today that i did ovulate and that my progesterone is sitting around 43.5. iam wondering if its normal to have sore breasts at this stage and if my progesterone is at a normal level. i have seen the doctor but they didnt help with this question.

so sorry to hear you had to go back to work ktgirl! a four day weekend is awesome, but i'm so glad i got an extra day!! i have every second wednesday off and turned out to be today (although i think i might have taken today off anyway to take care of DH - he's been in bed since half nine last night - poor baby! :hugs. i have been talking to one of the guys at work today, and he said it's so quiet he's struggling to stay awake, so i'm sure i'm not missing anything. i go back tomorrow, but only for the one day - have an extra holiday day on friday - yay!!!

hope you're feeling a little better this afternoon. thanks for the get well wishes for DH - might have to drag him out of bed soon, otherwise he'll never sleep tonight!

Briggsy's girl - I hope you test soon and reveal your BFP to us all. Fingers crossed for you.

KtGirl - so sorry about your scan. Lots of hugs coming your way. Please dont feel disappointed in yourself. Im sure that this short break will do you the world of good and you will have so much luck coming your way as soon as you start TTC again. Shame that your back at work, i have till the 8th jan off. DH however, goes back on 2nd so will be a little bored at home alone.

Well i am on CD3/Day 2 of my first clomid cycle. Shouldnt be saying this as i will probably jinx myself but have not had any side affects (read the possible ones out to DH and as a typical male he tells me that the mood swings are one that he has picked up on LOL) scary thing is not sure if he was joking or not haha! Anyway, so i have got a little while yet till anything exciting starts happening, just want AF to leave now so i can get into the BDing.

One question i do have for my fellow clomid ladies is, my FS asked me to come back and see him on CD25-27 however that falls on Thursday-Saturday and he is only available for appointments on Mondays and Tuesday's, should i go and see him on CD23 or CD29? What exactly do they look at at this appointment? He asked me to bring my BBT chart does that mean he just wants to check that or do they get you to have a blood test or something? so CD23 or CD29?

Walking Art, i have had three cycles of clomid and had to have a BT day 21 each time. maybe you need to call FS and check whether they want you to come in early or late based on what they're looking for. i think all of them look for something different! would be so much easier if they all tested for the same thing at the same time - at least then we could give each other honest advice!!

as for testing, i'm not sure whether i want to - kind of trying to keep hope alive (silly i know, but...). i've been feeling seedy all day today, but with DH being crook, i'm waiting to see what happens - i'm really hoping that i'm feeling unwell for good reasons, but i just don't know at the moment, and don't want confirmation in the form of a BFN.

Just popping in to see how ktgirl got on. So sorry things have turned out this way for you Kate. Sometimes it can just be so cruel. I know it's hard, but try not feel down on yourself. It isn't your fault.

I'm sending you plenty of hugs and best wishes :hugs:

ktgirl,
    Really sorry to hear that your ovaries are being naughty.... it is so annoying. Maybe a break isnt such a bad thing. How long have you guys been trying?I'm actually considering giving up all together. This was my first clomid cycle. Dont know if i ovulated or not,huh-dont even know when i'm due(erratic cycles). the whole process is very demanding and tiring. so this month i think i have wasted time and money on grapefruit juice,elevit,green tea,pre seed, bedding on command( as per chart) and staying laying down for a while after nookies. Too scared to do a hpt cause i'm sure it will be a bfn;and they just shatter me,so like the other girls say Denial is my best buddy. my body has played awful tricks on me this month with sore boobies and tiredness, but the last three days i've had af like pains;so figure she isnt far away. Better to save my sanity and the pregnancy test and not use it.Its tormenting having hpt in the house. Its like when your on a diet and get told not to eat junk;what do you want to do-eat junk....
    Kate i really hope youre not feeling to down ,and don't mind me babbling. if you are taking time out does that mean you'll disappear from hear?boohoo....Hang in there mate.

Thanks ladies for all of your kind words. It really helps to have people like you here to help me through things like this Big group hug for all.

Pollyanna- I won't be going anywhere. Although I won't have any updates of my own I will still be here to support you and the other beautiful girls in here. We have only been trying for just over 12 months so not that long really but I knew I had PCOS before we started trying so pretty much went straight to the FS for treatment. BTW you can babble all you like it helps to get it all off your chest. Good luck waiting a little longer before you test it is a killer trying not to test isn't it. Maybe you could ask your DH to hide the test somewhere that you don't know about and then perhaps you won't be so tempted??? Hope you hang in there for a little longer

Smudge- Thanks for coming in to check on me and sending me big hugs. How have you been anyway chicky?

Walking art- You lucky thing to have until the 8th off. I am sooo jelous. Glad to hear that you haven't had any side effects yet from the clomid. I was the same it didn't really effect me at all. Good luck this cycle gorgeous hope it is the one and only that you have to do. I would call your FS and ask them which day they would like you to come in on. As Briggsy's girl said they all tend to monitor different things at different times so they would be the best judge of when is best for you to go in.

Hi to all of the other special ladies in here.

Mornin girls

just dropped in to check how everyone is going and to let you know DH convinced me this morning to take the HPT - came up with a BFN - but i guess in my heart i knew that was going to happen. i felt disappointed, but not devastated, so there had obviously been a fairly big part of me that figured the clomid hadn't worked - AGAIN!

as much as it was hard to get the BFN, at least now we know where we're at - Jan 17th and it all starts in earnest - have to have a blood test and then on to the synarel (i think that's the name of the nasal spray stuff) and probably injections from the start of Feb.

feeling a little under the weather today - my darling nieces decided to share their cold with me over christmas, and DH has come good, but i think he's shared a few of his germs with me too - not happy! Hope everyone else is having a great day (well, better than mine anyway!)

Hi girls,
    Yes as expected .I got through without wasting a test as af showed up this morning. Not too devestated as i new she would. The pain is quite bad. Thats the depressing bit , the feeling crappy. Now i just need to decide if this is it;or do i keep plodding along?
    Probably best to not make any decisions at the moment given that i'm so hormonal.

Pollyanna - so sorry AF arrived today - dont go making any rash decisions today - hormones are so not your friend when it comes to making big decisions!

Pollyanna- :hugs: So sorry that AF arrived. That nasty witch. Prob not best to make any decisions today. Give yourself time to accept that AF is here and then maybe think a little more about what you are going to do.

Briggsy's girl- Sorry it was a BFN for you but remember it is not over until the witch shows up. Hang in there precious.

Thanks ktgirl - i haven't entirely given up hope - just being realistic. i guess i'm just waiting now for next month so that i can start with the injections and stuff. it's only a few weeks more waiting, so i'm sure i'll cope!

Hi everyone

briggsy's girl, are you sure you are out of the race? Glad your DH is feeling better..boys can be tricky patients!

pollyanna, sorry the witch has reared her ugly mug. See how you feel in a couple of days huh.. I know when I am really down in the dumps, I tend to pick up a little each day. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Thanks ktgirl, I downed my last clomid tab on Christmas Day so starting to feel a bit better. I'm not a fan of the clomid. I was only on 50mg but I had hot flashes alot and found they gave me a few headaches. That along with a bit of paranoia even, I felt that it amplified my emotions but I never realised it at the time. Only in hindsight I think "Gee I really reacted to that" etc etc
    Anyway - over the clomid. Start the Opk's tomorrow and hopefully ovulate New Years..that is the plan anyway! Have our IVF appt on 2nd Feb so looking forward to that. Until then it just feels like we are playing around. Batting in the dark so to speak. I'm only 31 but we don't want to spend another 2 years trying for our first baby. We want a family so we are starting to get a bit anxious if you get me.

I hope you are feeling a bit better today sweets, thinking of you. Are you still planning to have a long break

Looking forward to 2007 and turning a new chapter - miracles do happen!

Briggsy's girl - so sorry to hear about the BFN but as ktgirl said its not over till AF is in the door! Glad to hear that DH is better but shame that you got everyones germs. hope you feel better really soon.

Pollyanna - AF is such a cow!! Damn witch! Hope she goes away quick and takes her stupid pains with her.

Well I had my hair done today so feeling very pretty! Hahahaha Went shopping with DH but could not stand the queues in most of the large stores so didnt buy much instead we went Health Insurance shopping. Got so much info to look at but none of it makes much sense and they all look the same to me so not sure what we are going to do. i mean we already have insurance but considering getting better hospital cover and maybe a couples package since i will be pregnant really soon (wink wink)! Feeling very lost at the moment when it comes to all the comparisons.

Hope everyone is having a great day! xxxx

P.S Almost forgot to ask this, probably another one of my stupid questions that cant be answered but anyway, when should i start using OPK? My info on clomid tells me that i "should" ovulate on CD14 but im sure that this must vary from person to person or do you definately always ovulate on CD14 with clomid? Also any suggestions on OPK brand much appreciated.
    Last edited by *Paula*; December 28th, 2006 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Had to add in the P.S

thanks ladies - i'm not sure whether we're completely out of the race, but i have a feeling that the clomid just isn't doing anything for me - i guess some people respond to it, some don't. i know it's not over til AF rears her ugly head (or til i get the results from my day 21 BT), but i'm trying to be realistic and not have (too many) false hopes

i have decided that 2007 is just around the corner, and it's going to be our year (for all of us on this forum, not just me!) - i'm thinking positive (in every sense of the word) and looking forward to moving onto the next step.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast