Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ December 2006 #3

Hi girls,

Willow- Glad to hear that you are starting your IVF journey. Good luck with everything lets hope it leads very quickly to a BFP for you. And the injections are easy you will be fine. If you have any questions about them please ask I will try and help. I didn't do the synarel with my IUI cycle. How long do you have to do that for?

Briggsy's girl- If you were looking for good stories about FSH I am your girl. Although we had trouble getting the dose correct I got absolutely no side effects what so ever from the injections. So you might be the same. How has clomid effected you?

Hi to all of the other lovlies. Sorry I don't have a great deal of time today so I can't do all personals.

As for me I had another blood test today to see what my hormones were doing. I knew I hadn't O because of my temp but I just heard back from the Dr and she has said that I prob won't O now and it would be safe to have unprotected BD again. My eastrogen is way down so she is saying that now obviously we have withdrawn from using any drugs the follies that were there have pretty much fizzled down to nothing. So here goes what will prob be another looooong cycle. BW- I know you can sympathise with me there. So she has pretty much said to me that this is another perfect example of my ovaries not working properly that when you stop the drugs that I am not even able to mature the follies naturally and have them pop. Oh well silly body but at least now I can start my break knowing what is happening in there and not have to have any further tests done.

Will be back in again later.

Hi Everyone,
    This is a flying visit to let you all know I am off on holidays (can't contain my excitement!) tomorrow. I won't be back on line until the 14th of Jan. We are off for a much needed break to the beach. I have my books packed and I can't wait to sling up the hammock between the trees!
    I am sorry for my lack of personals - it's a frantic time in our house. I have really noticed the old Clomid side effects this month. I took my last dose on Monday. I was soooo cranky (that's easing thank goodness) and hot flushes and headaches. Let's hope that I have at least one nice healthy follie growing in there. I imagine I willovulate around cd19 again.
    Remember this year is going to be THE year for us in here. We are going to be pregnant with healthy strong babies!
    I will miss all of you wonderful women while I am away but I will be thinking of you and sending you lots of positives.

Flowerchild, hope you have a fab holiday - i'm sooo envious. seems like the ideal escape. i missed the only day i was supposed to work last week cos of DH and I both being unwell, so today was my first day back at work - was reasonable sane for all of about half an hour, and then it went mad for the rest of the day - not fun at all! normally i lik my job, but i was hanging out for the end of the day so much, it's not funny!!

ktgirl, glad to hear some positive comments about the FSH injections. i've been pretty fortunate with minimal side effects from the clomid, so hopefully this will carry through to the injections! have only had one really bad day and that was this cycle - think i had just overdone it that day, so had the hot flushes and head spins. took myself off to bed for an hour or so after (politely) kicking my mum out. apart from that, not so bad.... i'm so sorry that you're body is not behaving the way it should be - i'm a little worried about that happening to me, so going to speak to FS about wheher, should i have a large number of follies during the IUI cycles it can be switched to an IVF egg pick up - here's hoping!

Willow, glad the synarel doesn't have any side effects - have been warned about the awful taste - but i'm sure it's a minor price to pay. not too stressed about the needles - i'm one of those freakish people that doesn't flinch at having needles - actually, i used to volunteer at uni to be the one to donate m blood for testing cos it didn't bother me a bit! i guess it's a good thing, considering how many needles we all have to have during this process! after having no response to clomid 150 this time around, i'm pretty sure i'll be joining you in the AC thread soon.

Smudge, hoping your scan gave you the results you were looking for this morning. looking forward to hearing how it went. fingers crossed for a good result.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Like everyone, haven't been able to get to the computer much over the hols!

Willow-good luck with your first IVF cycle-keep us updated!

BW-interesting what your accupuncturist said about Clomid. I've been seeing an accupuncturist too, and she thinks similar about clomid and low oestrogen! Prior to clomid, I had 2 good D21 progesterone cycles (with accupuncture just before and at expected O time). Last cycle, first clomid cycle, I only saw her a week before O. My oestrogen levels were measured as part of the clomid monitoring, D10 and D13. They were low, despite seeing a follie on USS (oestrogen should be 1000/follie). My D21 prog then came back really low suggesting didn't pop that egg!! Figure she may be right!! How often do you see her? I find it really calming and relaxing, even with needles sticking in me!

Kt-glad oestrogen levels are back to normal-hope you are feeling ok

Deb-enjoy your hols!! Jelous+++

Smudge-how did the USS go? Hope you're ok

BG-not toooo long til u see FS! We're counting down to 30th when we see ours.

As for me, CD12 today. Had few cramps past 2days. Not sure what's happening-have had completely neg OPK's (As in no second line at all) then yesterday midday had really strong urine (sorry TMI!!) and a dark second line, so thought here we go-I usually get a fade in for a day, then it becomes dark, then fades out, IYKWM!! But, disappeared by mid afternoon, then same again at 6pm!! weird. No EWCM at all-ahd some last month on 50 clomid, but wonder if the 100 has dried things out! Taking EPO, Robitussin and using preseed!!! Swimmers may need a snorkel at this rate!
    Have USS later today, and just had oestrogen level done-soooo just have to wait and see. I really dread being scanned-get soooo nervous, then usually something not right, like lining too thin, egg to small..or not there at all!! It really is a rollercoaster ride!! Seeing accupuncturist too today.

Here's hoping for BFP's for all of us in 2007

Milly

Milly, I usually see the acupuncturist weekly but the clinic is closed until next week - I miss it! You are so right about it being relaxing! I think it may have something to do with being forced to just lay still for an hour and just STOP! I figure if I can cope with the acupuncture needles, I can cope with FSH injections if I have to have them... maybe... still kinda scared!

My FS appointment is a week tomorrow! It's going so damn quickly now it's not funny! But apart from that, I'm just plodding along - day 85 now! Trying not to feel like too much of a freak, and getting really frustrated that my super-low temps aren't likely to be any indication of AF arriving any time soon!

BW

Hi BW, I meant it has been a long 2 weeks waiting for the scan.. So yes 5th of Jan and it should all be sorted...finally.
    Deb, enjoy the break. Sounds like a gr8 place to be, a hammock and a book...sigh!
    Not much going on here, just a constant messy house and empty cupboards! the joys of school holidays...
    Hi to everyone else, hope u are all doing ok

Welcome Marissa,

I have PCOS too and have been on 1500mg Metformin for a year. Came off BCP in June so started BD unprotected in July but without charting etc. Then at the end of the year i had a 90+ day cycle so that proved to my FS that Merformin alone was not doing anything so at the moment i am on CD10 of my first clomid cycle. Have had no real side effects, except maybe the odd mood swing, lol. So now we just have to wait and see if Metformin/Clomid combo works for me or not, plus i will be using pre-seed too this month just to see how i go. First time using it.

Willow - all the best on your IVF journey. Hope to hear your BFP announcement really soon.

Kate - Hope your break goes real quickly and you are back here and announcing your BFP really soon too. All the best.

chelle - only two more sleeps till your scan.... not long at all.

BW - Seems like only the other day you were telling us about your FS appointment and now your second one is just around the corner. Wow time does fly.

A quick update on me! Confused a little again!
    Had USS yesterday, D12, which showed 2 follies on R at 16mm and 20mm....but the 20mm was strange shape!! Looked like an egg timer rather than an egg!!! Radiologist said didn't think it was prob a 'viable follie'. Typical when it's a decent size! There were 2 stragglers on the L, 12 and 13mm. Apparently, unlikely to do anything if <14mm so to be ignored. Ideally want them to be at least 18mm, 20mm better still!
    Oestrogen didn't really fit with the uss-was 1352, so who knows-could be them all producing small amounts or one producing more (FS said should be 1000/follie!) Most likely poor quality eggs again...which is a real worry. Had it checked again today and dropped a little.But got to keep positive according to my accupuncturist!
    Still confusing OPK's for me, with dark am fading pm again yesterday, which has never happened before this cycle. But had blood LH checked yesterday and today, and looks like surge today which fits with opk today.
    Having another USS tomorrow to see whether any eggs have actually popped and I ovulate. Not holding out too much hope-been here last cycle!!! But, will keep bd'ing anyway!!!!
    Sorry for lack of personals-sneaking on computer at work!!
    Hope everyone is ok.
    Smudge, how did your scan go?

Milly

Calixelaine Guest

Hi ladys,

Bw good luck next week with the FS appointment. i just wonted to drop a line and let you know that i went to the GP today and after having blood tests done, i am pregnant 5 weeks tommorrow. good luck and baby dust to you really soon.

To all the other ladys thankyou for your kind words and i hope that you get what you are after really soon baby dust to you all.

Fantastic news there, Calixelaine! WOOOO!

Chelle, your scan is tomorrow! I hope all goes well and you are able to report back to us with good news.

Milly, I hope those eggs turn out to be behaving nicely and there's one nice, good one waiting to pop for you.

I'm having arthritis aches and pains! This is not a good sign as I've been taking my maximum dose of anti inflammatories to help deal with a wrist problem... I always thought that me getting pregnant would be a race to see whether we could manage it before the arthritis got too bad. I'm really hoping that this is just some sort of reaction to the wet weather we've been having lately and that I'm not in the midst of a major flare. Apart from that... I'm still taking it easy, still relaxing and trying to get myself into a good state of mind for my appointment next week (next week! 7 days! It's going so quickly!) and for the return to work which must soon take place...

BW

Milly - you poor pet, you sound frantic!! Hope you get your answers darl.. keep at the BD!! You really sound like you are being poked and prodded all over the shop.. for you!!! Keep us posted.

Pollyanna..may I ask who your FS is, thinking it is mine too..

I've been bad - I didn't get to my scan..I couldn't believe it, I slept straight through on Tues morning. Phoned to try and make appt for Wed and they were mucking me around and I got off the phone and had a bit of a hissy. I was so stressed I made my own decision to not lose more sleep by waking at 5.30am driving over an hour to be told no follies anyway!! My FS is on leave too. DH thinks maybe it was a bit too much to do back to back with our false positive and all the drama we had last month..It felt like the right thing to do though, looks like I ran out of steam! Anyway we now focus on chilling out and worry about it all again on Feb 1st when we commence our IVF cycle. Hope my FS doesn't tick me off for missing my scan!!

Thanks for letting me get that out - apologies for lack of personals. Great to see it's really ramping back up in here (in the best possible way) and there is heaps of encouragement being thrown around!!

Good Luck Willow :hugs:

Wish this weather would cool down !

briggsy's girl - thanks for asking. Bummer that the clomid didn't help you out this cycle. Wow that is amazing that you like the needles!! Hope the spray is ok for you too..stay positive

Calixelaine - congratulations coming your way!!! :wink:

Calixelaine - that's awesome news!

Smudge - sorry to hear you didn't make it to your scan appointment - obviously your body was telling you something (even if it was just to catc up on sleep from new years) - it's not that far til the 1st to start your IVF cycle.
    yes, i'm aware that i'm a bit of a freak by not being scared of needles - i think it was my way of proving i was the brave one when i was a kid - my big bro was PETRIFIED of needles (still is!), so that was my way of beating him!

BW - sorry to hear your arthritis is playing up again - sounded like you were actually having a good run for a little while there

milly - hopefully tomorrow will show a nice follie ready for the picking

i'm off to grab some dinner. just came home after a boring day at work to find that DH and my bro had gotten bored during the day and ripped out our pergola! they're putting the new one up tomorrow, but all the bits and pieces needed to be painted tonight (was supposed to be done at the weekend!) - have painted so much tonight that i think i'm going to be dreaming blue paint tonight!

O BW, IM so sorry you are having to deal with your arthritis in this way, im praying very hard for you that it will settle down, or just go away!
    Goodluck walking art, hope the combo works, and you get your BFP too..
    Milly B, wow, so much going on! best of luck with your nice big 20mm follie...let it be the one..
    Smudge, I think your body was def trying to tell you something!!Hope your FS will understand... if he dusnt, we sure do!
    Briggsys girl, good thing your not scared of needles, neither am I, when trainee nurses need someone to practise on, I always offer... dusnt worry me, sorry the clomid didnt have any effect, goodluck with the next stage...
    to anyone I have missed, big Hi!

Im very sorry to report my scan did not go well. Bubs died at the 6 week mark....Im so angry and hurt, my body is saying Im still pregnant, Im crook, my boobs are huge...Im just so damn angry at the world right now!! I cant get into hospital for a d&c yet, so will w8 out the weekend and pray nature may take its course.....
    I so wanted to bring positive news to this forum....next time.....thats if I have the strength.
    take care one and all

:hugs: Chelle.

I'm so sorry to hear that, in fact, I'm even crying for you right now. I know nothing I can say will change the way you feel, so here's loads more hugs .

BW

Sending you huge hugs Chelle. I know nothing I say can make anything better right now.
    Thinking of you
    Milly

Chelle

my heart goes out to you - so sorry you've had to go through this

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast