Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ Nov/Dec 2007

Hi Ladies,

Well I've had a long drawn out week this week. Im on my 3rd cycle of 50mg of clomid and for some reason this cycle I haven't O like the other two. You spend all this time waiting for O time and then nothing has happened. I'm so dissapointed It may be because I think i started counting my days from when I spotted before my period and not when the full flow hit. So maybe i started my clomid earlier than usual and that even though I'm on day 20 now...it might be day 18 or 19 (which is still late for O compared to my last cycles but I'm giving myself another day before I chuck my tantrum!!!). Are there any disadvantages of O late in the cycle re the quality of the eggs?? And if I in fact haven't O should I still expect AF to show??

Hollye - As theresep said above, you record your temp in the morning every day and you should see a rise in your temp after ovulation. Everybodies temp is slightly different but mine usually stays around 36.3 to 36.5 and then after O it rises by .2 to .3 then continues to rise up to about 37. Some people experience a temp rise on the day they take clomid but this has not been the case for me. Hope that helps. Your doc should be able to give you some paper charts to help track your temp.

Wow we have had a few new members lately and welcome, sorry I haven't written to you all personally but just know we also all here to support eachother during these difficult, unkown and sometimes frustrating times.
    Thanks

Hi Kristen - isn't it frustrating waiting for ovulation, and confusing when it doesn't happen when you expect it! On my cycle where i do ovulate, i get a distinct rise on about day 14 or 15. My temp goes from 36.5 to about 36.8 - and the cycles where i don't O then it's just a half hearted attempt at rising, gradually rising by about day 17.... last cycle i didn't O and my AF was a lot lighter, but i'm not sure if that may be due to the persistent cyst - will see how AF is this cycle, now that the cyst has increased - but yes, you will still get AF even if you havn't O. Hopefully, like you said, you started counting your cycle too early, so O is still to happen ... not sure about any advantages/disadvantages to late O - should be good for building up a nice thick lining, ready for implantation. Have a good weekend! tp

Hi Ladies

Therese & Kristen: it seems this month is not the month for all of us...

I am really frustrated at the moment, just got beck from my scan and FS appt and this cycle no good follicles the largest was 9mm (day 11), so this cycle is cancelled as well. I sort of felt nothing was happening as I have had no symptoms this month at all.

So I am now going to have to wait for AF to start and unfortunately in months when no O happens this can take as long as 2 mths to happen. So may have to take provera if AF doesn't start before day 35 to get a new cycle happening. I am really disappointed as now after 4 clomid cycles only 1 was a success with the cycle proceeding (admittedll to a BFN).

Good luck to everyone who is monitoring this cycle and fingers crossed for those who aren't that something good happens next cycle.

ickimum Guest

This must be why I feel flushed since last week, I can't shake it, I haven't done temps for years, but maybe this is the first time in years that I have ovulated, hence the raised temp and flushed feeling...........Hugs Nicki

Quote Originally Posted by theresep View Post
    Best wishes to you ickimum!

Hollye - a web site called Fertility Friend is very good with helping understand your temp charts and how to go about it, and you can buy good thermometers from the chemist. Basically, you take your temp upon waking in the morning, before you sit up or move etc, and you record your 'body at rest' temp. Temps rise around ovulation, and usually stay high until AF arrives, then drops again - or they stay high if you're preg!
    Hope you get good results from your blood test

ickimum Guest

Kelly this sucks, I am so sorry.........could the FS give you something else to help develop the eggs, my girlfriend has to have support via injections to help develop the eggs to the right size to release.
    Fingers crossed for next month for you,
    Hugs Nicki

Quote Originally Posted by KellyD View Post
    Hi Ladies

Therese & Kristen: it seems this month is not the month for all of us...

I am really frustrated at the moment, just got beck from my scan and FS appt and this cycle no good follicles the largest was 9mm (day 11), so this cycle is cancelled as well. I sort of felt nothing was happening as I have had no symptoms this month at all.

So I am now going to have to wait for AF to start and unfortunately in months when no O happens this can take as long as 2 mths to happen. So may have to take provera if AF doesn't start before day 35 to get a new cycle happening. I am really disappointed as now after 4 clomid cycles only 1 was a success with the cycle proceeding (admittedll to a BFN).

Good luck to everyone who is monitoring this cycle and fingers crossed for those who aren't that something good happens next cycle.

im soooooo over this medication and testing. i feel like a pin cushion.

Default First time using clomid next month

Hi Everyone

I've tried to read back through the threads to hear all of your stories, am sure I will get to know you all really soon.

I am starting clomid next cycle. I last saw my doc on 8 Jan (follow up app after m/c investigations) and he gave me a script for clomid and the 21 day prog bt form and said if I wasn't pg by easter to commence treatment.

Firstly - he said easter, I estimate that af will arrive on Tue 18 Mar, 3 days before Good Friday so I guess that is close enough to easter - would you start then too or would you wait until the next cycle after easter? He is starting me on 50mg taken am from day 2-6. No mention of scans.

I am taking it for a few reasons, firstly unexplained infertility. I've had 2 x unexplained m/c since Sep 06 and my luteal phase is more often than not a little short (around 11 - 12 days).

I guess I am just here for a bit of reassurance. I have complete faith in my doc, he's been so wonderful & supportive - I'm just keen to hear some first hand advice I guess. I usually hang out in the TTCAML thread and I find great comfort in sharing this journey with people who do know how you feel and what you're going through.

Unhappy The frustration continues..

Well after being in this thread for a v short time, I am going to move on. I didn't even get a chance to start my first cycle of clomid. Had the tablets at home, waiting for day 5, (and feeling v pleased will all the encouragement from all gals on here); and I get a call from my gyno saying they have also found my DH has abnormal sperm so we are being referred to IVF. First appointment I can get with is April 7th with Geoff Clarke in Melbourne. That was a week ago, at first I was in shock, now I am just a bit dazed. We will go along to get all the information but I am v. unsure and afraid about the IVF path.........

Good luck to you all on here, depending up the advice I receive in April, I may be back on here...

Default Hi there

Hi AJC,
    Im new to this thread as well, i havent written much, too busy reading all the posts and collecting info ect.. I started my 1st (and hopefully last) round of 50mg clomid this month im now on day 12 of my cycle and just waiting to O!!!
    I have has similar issues of "unexplained infertility" my Gyno's term was my overies are in limbo!!
    DH and I are remaining positive, and im finding encouragement from this site.
    I just want to encourage you to stay strong. Good luck and God Bless

ickimum Guest

Default welcome new ladies and some good news here

Welcome everyone new, I personally have been on the front line of infertility for 12 years, we have been blessed in that time with 3 adopted miracles that I love beyond words and prior to this I was blessed with a Miracle by birth he is now 13.
    I had secondary infertility of unexplained reasons, well that is the story I was fed..........for years with my first FS, we stopped fertility treatments to adopt our 3 miracles, but recently I just couldn't shake the feeling that in my heart I wanted another birthbaby, its not that I love my adopted kids less, gosh they are my life, but I guess the feelings of infertility, just have never left me..........Well last year we decided to give it one last try, 2 operations and a precancerous treatment later and after only 2 cycles I am OVER JOYED to report I have a postive preg test today the day my period is due.............
    I am trying to NOT get to over joyed, or ahead of myself, but its SOOOO hard not to be doing a happy dance right now .
    I am praying like mad this is a sicker and keeper and true miracle growing stronger each day in my womb..........
    Stay strong ladies, keep your chins up and remember miracles still happen here............Hugs Nicki

hey girls. So i got my results back and i did ovulate this month..yay!! im two days past my due AF arrival. so fingers crossed hey...hope everyone is doing well, talk to you all soon, hopefully with some good news.

ME 20 DP 22

TTC #1 since mar 06

1st cycle of clomid --- "O" just waiting....

Hollye: Yay that excellent!!!! fingers crossed 4 u!
    Im now on day 18 of cycle, sore boobs cramping alot and emotions, oh so may emotions!! So hoping this cause im O!!
    I have a blood test this thursday and another the following monday, I cant stand all the waiting!!!!!!!
    Hope everyone is well!!!

Krissy

ickimum - Congratulations and I hope you have a very healthy, happy and enjoyable pregnancy. Best wishes &

Default BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg, i took 2 pg test yesterday and one this morning and they were allllllll POSITIVE!!! i cant believe it..omg omg omg!!!!!!!! just have to get bt to confirm everything, but wow, on my first cycle of clomid..

ME 20 MATT 22

Congratulations Hollye - that's great news. I have my first cycle next month so am really keen to start. Good luck &

Congatulations to all the BFP's, it seems there are sooo many of you out there.

I have been very quiet this cycle after my scan on day 11, which showed no follicles, which means no chance of O, which means another cancelled cycle.

At day 23 and counting down to AF to start next cycle. But I am anywhere from 5 - 19 days away from AF as I don't have great cycles when O doesn't happen.

We get the feeling however that things will probably happen in the next couple of months as we are planning a trip for Perth a Xmas (I know a long way away and all the BFP's will have healthy bubs by then), and we are wanting to take the train from Syd - Perth but they have exclusions that you can't travel if more than 30 weeks Preg or Preg with multiples... So murphy's law means that this will happen, or I can only hope.

Good luck to the girls still trying this cycle and will be back in a few weeks with my next cycle and all the hormones that go along with it.

Kelly: Hi, im on day 19 of 1st cycle clomid, pretty sure ive O put who knows if anything will come of it. I read your post and can totally relate, We have to book our Christmas holidays in the next week....Ah to book or not to book. We are going to be camping, good old aussie holiday!! If we fall pregnant then i will be on maternity leave so no big deal if not then my chances of getting holiday approved are slim to non, my boss is from hell. So then we think well we will go before Chrissy when i can get leave, Ah but u see then DH may not get time off as his work closes down for 2-3 weeks over the christmas/new year time, and all his anual leave will be used up then!!! Choices and descisions...AHHH!!!!!!
    If only someone could tell me When oh when our baby dreams will come true!!!!

Hugs to all

Goodnight

Hi Ladies,

Congrats to all those positive results.........
    I've been quiet for the last couple of weeks after my last post........... The update: well I did end up O (according to temps) later in my cycle than usual (day 20) and thought we had the timing down packed. But....it wasn't to be (again), AF showed up today (very short luteal phase of 9 days?) and I am really devestated this time round (cycle 3) and quite teary about it all. FS is only keen for one more round of Clomid then having a 2 month break....not sure how I feel about this. Just feel really bummed at the moment and also don't want to put to much pressure on myself for the next/last round of clomid ...but its hard not to right!!!
    Sorry for my negative post, but its just the way I feel right now.

Has anyone been on clomid and after unsuccessful cycles had the dose increased? or is it a case of if it's achieving O then the dose stays the same. Just wondering if its worth a try on a higher dose?

Good luck to all and thanks for listening

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast