Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/Or Metformin ~ Jan/Feb 2008

Default TTC & Taking Clomid &/Or Metformin ~ Jan/Feb 2008

This thread is for those members that are Trying To Conceive with the assistance of clomid and/or metformin.

If there is anything you would like to discuss about the thread or have any problems then please contact one of the moderators. All emails/PM's are treated confidentiality.

Your moderators of this forum are
    Sarah_H Admin
    Cailin Admin
    sushee Senior Moderator
    slyder

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Your old thread can be found here

This would be me.

On clomid for 10 months, got pgt, had an m/c last week. So back on the clomid.

Uncontrolable emotions here we come.............

Hi mel,
    Hugs for you!!:hugs: Thats completly gut/heart wrenching!!
    Im on my first cycle of 50mg Clomid on day 21 got my 1st blood test tomorrow so . I have no idea what O feels like, with our DS i was told i wouldnt be able to concieve so didnt even find out i was pregnant till i was 6wks.
    This clomid is making me crazy!!!! But it will be worth it in the end

Tell me about yourself..

Krissy

Hey Krissy
    My stories a long one. I've decided to put it in a blog so that even I can keep track. I did have a diary, but that doesn't help others who may be in the same situation.
    to me......The basic plot.
    Uped my does of clomid every three months last year. Started with 1/2 tablet moved to 1 then moved to 2. I ovulated once i reached 2 tablets a day from day 2-6. This was in september07. since then I've been in singapore, and Bangkok both 5 day trips right at the critical times in sept and oct. Didn't concieve in November. Then concived on christmas eve. (when your on clomid and charting temp etc. you tend to know the exact date.) Everything was going fine untill I had to go to Indonesia for work. I got Gastro there and unfortunatly with everything else that was comming out of me, I misscarried the twins on the 19th Feb.

I have to have 1 natural cycle before i go back on the clomid. waiting waiting.....

what about you?
    I've got my fingers crossed for you too. I so understand the emotions thing. I also get all spacy, so i don't realise that i'm being uncontrollable. Crying in the street, yelling at people i don't know. So much fun. Ultimatly though, even with all the crazy bits it does help ovulation.

Keep me posted with your progress.

Mel

Cool

Hey Mel,
    I hope your having a wonderful day...as wonderful as one can be right now anyway!!
    Wow you Jetsetter you, your flying all over the place, what do you do>?
    Well about me: Well im 22(23 in April), when i was 16, i suffered from horrible pain every month, it was Pcos. along with that my mum went through menopause at 30 giving me a 50% chance of getting it 5-10 yrs earlier than her. But as God would have it u met my husband at 17 and we decided early on that we would marry and try to start a family straight away, and BANG Our first son Eadon (now nearly 3) Medically they cant explain it as i NEVER O!!! but first try we did it!!
    I thought well thats the end of any problems we're going to ever had but alas, after not getting a proper cyclce since he was born and since actually TTC last oct/nov realised sometings up, my ob/gyn did numerous tips, he was even worried ild gone into meno, (Gosh that was a scarry week!!). He came to the conclusion my Overies just arnt working or as he put it im in "Limbo"
    So after Finally getting a period he started me on Clomid.
    and here i am today.....Every little thing i think im pregnant... i know im probly getting my hope up but i cant help it, like today and last few days stabbing pains in the breasts, and my mind goes"you had pain when u were pg with E so you must be" then it goes "no your not dont be stupid" and back and forth all day long!!!
    Im having alot of trouble finding my words lately, like i know what i wan to say but i just cant find the words to express it.
    Anyway i better go, Ds just emptied his money box everywhere!!!!

Hugs and Cuddles
    Krissy

Krissy
    Wow, It is amazing to haer peoples stories, about what they are doing. I'm constantly impressed with how strong people are and how well they deal with what the universe throws at them. Your absolutley no different, To have the impending posibility of Menopause, and not really knowing what your bodies doing. double claps and a dance for you. amazing.

I've got all my fingers crossed for you, my recomendation would be to use these things that your feeling as a way to try and understand you body now.

Mel

Nearly didn't answer your question.
    I'm a coach. I have my own business in Life, Relationship and Leadership coaching

The travel is for a Leadership contract, I have an initial individual face to face meeting with the Senior management team The rest will be over the phone from my home office.
    I'm not a big fan of traveling for work, (I love holidays, but going overseas for a week, is seeing an office, then going back to the hotel working from there then going back to the office. Plus it was an Indonesian Virus that caused my Misscarrage so i have another reason to not like traveling for work.

Hi Everyone

Well finally we are up and running after our 5 month break!!! Today is officially CD2 for Kim, my partner, and she has started the 100mg Clomid today! Yay! This will be her 7th IUI with Clomid, she got pregnant on her second attempt March last year, but miscarried at 8 weeks.

She went on to have 4 more IUI's with no luck, then decided to have a break. So our last attempt was in September last year!!! Feels like forever since we last TTC, but we needed the break after 11 failed attempts.

So this will be attempt No. 12 between the both of us ... 2 IUI cycles and 3 IVF cycles for me (one was converted to IUI so that really is 3 x IUI's and 2 x IVF's) and 6 IUI's for Kim..What do you think our chances really are?
    Last edited by Megan&Kim; February 29th, 2008 at 10:54 PM.

Hi twomums, I'm not sure what the chances are. I'd say that if Kim has had a +ve result , there is a good chance it will happen again. I'll cross everything for you both. Keep us posted as to how it's going.....
    Mel

babydust74 Guest

Hi I hope i am posting in the right section

I have taken clomid this month (50mgs) O day was on the 28th (i have a 35 day clycle) and so that makes today 3 days past O. I am feeling really really crappy, have every single pregnancy sign possible, feel tired, bloated, heart burn, sore everything - but i know its not possible to be pregnant as yet as its only been 3 days!! I also take Metformin 2000mgs a day - Is this a normal reaction to the clomid? or is this a PCOS symptom? I am going out of my head as i would love to say wishful thinking and its infact implantation but have been through so much to fool myself like that.

Please helP!!!!! i feel really awful right now

Hi All, Feel like Iam venturing into a whole new world and have a few questions for you. A little about us and our journey so far. I (35 and eleven twelfths, ok practically 36) and my female partner (45) have been TTC for about 9 months. Including the current cycle we have inseminated during seven cycles and now know that in at least three of them our timing was wrong. We got a BFP in Nov 07 but had a very early m/c. We are using a known donor and doing the inseminations ourselves at home. Anyway, we've been back to see our O+G, all my hormones are within normal limits (my GP thought I might have PCOS due to weight and hairiness issues). So far everything (bloods, OPK, BBT patterns indicate that I am ovulating regularly, however it seems that my luteal phase is on the short side (9 TO 12 DAYS). As such our doctor has suggested that we start on clomid next cycle. I am to take 25mg days 3-7, which seems like a low dose but I guess its because we are trying to make me ovulate "better" rather than inducing it from scratch. He said, and I have read re. varous potential side effects of clomid including a decrease in CM. The amount of EWCM I get each cycle seems to vary alot, with some months hardly any present, I am concerned that the clomid may make it even more scant. I have read that using a small amount of room temperature egg white about 20 minites prior to insemination can help get the little swimmers through... has anyone else heard of this, or would especially love to hear of any trys of it plus if your CM actually lessened when taking clomid... thanks for sifting through all of this!

Hi babydust74, we must have been posting at the same time as I had not read your post and although I can't answer your questions (as clomid etc is new for me) just wanted to send you a hug and say hang in there...

Hi Babydust74
    I feel for you, I didn't have any of these symptoms while on clomid or while pgt. But I have a few friends who had heart burn and bloating. I've not heard about sore everything except whan there was something else like a cold flu etc. I'd go and see my GP just to make sure everything is good. You wouldn't want to get sick right at the critical time... It is also best to be safe.

DrGirl72
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your partner, I know the months can seem to take forever when your TTC. Re the CM, mine decreased a little then boosted back up to normal after about 2 cycles. I've also heard the egg whites can be used, the other I've heard is your own saliva. I don't know if either of them are safe, true or work. I did get told the even if there is very little discharge, there will be CM actually near the cervix. Id, try and inseminate as close to the cervical opening as possible to get it all mixed in.

Not sure if this helps either of you, but it is good to chat with people who are in the same boat as me with clomid and all that goes with it.

Till soon

Mel

hey girls,

Just thought i would send you some positive attitude. I have PCOS and was trying to concieve for 2 years. I was on Metformin but cancelled it because it did nothing and made me sick, and then i went on clomid. On my first cycle of clomid i fell pregnant! I thought it would never happen for me, so dont give up hope. Also I lost about 10 kilos b4 i fell pregnant and i got told that it helped. I hope to here some good news from you all soon!!

sending you lots of

Me 20 Matt 22

Expecting # 1 "oct" thanks 2 clomid

congratulations That is sooooo cool.

Hello All,
    So much has happened in the 4 days i was away!!!!! Dh, Ds and i went on a little camping trip!! it was really fun, we went with 4 other families, so Ds had kids to play with and hubby had boys to chat with! I went fishing and caught heaps of fish - only 1 was legal (the only one that was big aenough to eat!!!) it was yummy!!
    Well my boobies are still painful sharp stabbing pains, lots of intergestion(sp?), so for a when i see my ob/gyn this week

Mel, Sounds like an amazing job!! How did you get into that? Hows your cycle coming along? I still think you need lots of hugs!!!!

twomums, hi!!! WOW what an emotional rollercoaster you guys have been on!! I have no idea what your chances r but im wishing you all the luck in the world(well not all of it ive got to save some for me hehehe)

babydust74, Hey there, Im totally right there in that boat with you!!! All thoses symptoms can be just from O as ive come to learn myself, but im no expert!! The TWW just totally drives you crazy!!

Drgirl72, Hi, CM decrease is a common side effect from the clomid, try using a sperm friendly lub to help the little swimmers along the way, ive heard preseed is good!?

Hollye, You go Girl!!!!! woohoo on the and the weight loss!!!!! your our insperation that clomid does work!!

Well ladies hugs to you all Talk soom xoxo

Hey I'll take all the hugs I can get. In fact if anyone has any left over, I'll take those too.

Cycle is going slowly, well time is going at the same pace but all this waiting. Is going slowly. ho hum...

Tryinglikecrazy, Happy to tell you all about my Job, how I got into it everything. but I checked with the Moderator and it is best done over PM, as It could be seen as soliciting clients. If yourinterested let me know..

Mel

Mel, yeah ild love to know, i have no idea what PM is though sorry

PM means private messaging.
    I tried, but it says you have disabled that function.
    Mel

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast