Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long did you stay at work before giving birth?

An update to last post here.. With the way things are going here, I was thinking I might try and get in another week so I could get paid for a full months work (darn monthly pay!), and then I'd know my replacement had it all down pat. Unfortunately, my dh (bless him) wont let me. Put his foot down and has no intention of backing off! Lucky me. Still, that count down is on (and it still seems forever til bub is here!)!

I have twins and worked up to 30 weeks. My OB said she usually advises women to stop at 28 weeks with twins but as I was healthy said 30 weeks would be fine.I was a retail manager and on my feet all the time.I remember my last day of work I came home from work and burst into tears I emotionally and physically could not have done another day.

I had the girls at 36 weeks and 4 days.Most of that 6 and a half weeks was spent sleeping and confined to the lounge.LOL

Originally I had planned to finish at 38 weeks but now I'm thinking 36 weeks and take Wednesdays off from now (currently 29 weeks). They have just advertised for my replacement so it kinda depends on when they can start, hoping it will be sooner rather than later. No Maternity Leave here as a contractor

With my DD I worked til 35 weeks, but really should have stopped at 34 as I fell over that week, I was just feeling tired and heavy etc etc. This time I wil be finishing at the end of 3rd term so at 28 weeks. Partly because I am on an end dated contract and only get paid maternity leave untill the end of it so I want to make the most of the 14 weeks paid as possible. Also it will be easier to find a replacement at the beginning of a term rather than halfway through. Plus it gives me some time to spend with DD before #2 comes along.

As I work for the Government, we have to have 6 weeks off before our due date which means I will be working up until 34 weeks. At first, I thought this was crazy and I would go insane at home for 6 weeks. Our house is brand new too so I cant even nest! But after a while I thought it would be a good idea as I'm due late December and at that time of year when it can reach 40 odd degrees here, I'm probably better off at home with the pool and air conditioning. I may be bored and going insane, but at least I will be cool.
    Last edited by Deltadawn; July 20th, 2007 at 11:01 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123