Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When did you/are you taking Maternity leave?

I am planning on take my leave from 34 weeks. Also have desk job, only 5min drive to work, and by May, will be going into our quiet time. I sorta wonder if i should stick around an extra couple of weeks. But then again, why not put my feet up and relax while i still have the chance!

I'll be about 32 weeks or so.

My main issue is the distance I live from work - over 100km each way, so my main problem is driving safely and not getting too worn out from being away from home 11 hrs a day. Also, the days are getting shorter so that means driving in the dark on isolated country roads, some areas with no mobile service, lots of animals.........too hard I reckon. Even though I know that means I might be at home for up to 10 wks before anything happens, I'd rather be safe and a bit poorer than risk it all for a few more $$.

I have been debating this a bit lately as I really want to have made a decision before work brings it up. Great to read what everyone else is doing/has done!

I think I will finish at 32 weeks, simply because if I get quite big my job will be almost impossible LOL! And I can't change to lighter duties. I'm a bit worried about the finance side of things and wondered if I should work a bit longer, but DH said that a few more weeks won't make a difference and that I should finish at 28 weeks :eek: ! Very nice of him, but I just can't do that, it would feel too strange.

So 32 weeks I think it will be, and I can imagine that by then I will be hanging to finish LOL!

Fire Fly Guest

Because i wasnt very big with DD and felt so well i actually worked fulltime up until 37 weeks i think then i worked casual till the day before i delivered. I regret doing that now because i was stuffed after the birth. Had i taken it a bit more easy i think i would of felt better in myself.
    My boss at the time was hard to say no to as well which didnt help. Plus i love my job. Still do even though im a SAHM now.

I am finishing tomorrow YAY !! When I first started this thread leaving seemed so long away. I decided to finish at 36 weeks and I think it really seems now like the right time as I am just starting to get a bit achy and I find sleeping properly at night a bit harder. SO now I look forward to a bit of nesting, sleeping and relaxing before I meet bub.

I was forced to finish at 16 weeks. I was not happy about it, but due to the nature of my job which was mowing lawns, gardening and manual labour, I didn't have a choice. I had a hind water leakage at 16 weeks, and a PTL threat since. I was hoping to go back at 22 weeks as the hind water leakage resealed, but the PTL threat stopped me going back doctor's orders. I still think I would be fine on light duties, but DP is the boss and won't allow me to come back.

Now that the kids have been back at school for 2 days, I'm climbing the walls. We are moving house so I can't even set up a baby room, it's really boring and I feel useless. I was hoping to work at least till 30 weeks, but more likely till 34 weeks. The other reason I was forced to quit was that people were complaining about a pregnant lady mowing their lawns (mainly older people) and that it was inappropriate, and DP doesn't want me back at all because he thinks it looks bad for business, even if I was just washing windows. Financially it's not great either, we have lost around a quarter of our income.

I'm a lady of leisure atm, and I have to say I don't like it. DP tells me to enjoy it while it lasts though, which is very true.

I'm finishing up at 35 weeks...only because DH and I want to get away for a few days before it's too late and due to his work schedule the earliest time we can do it is when I'm 35 weeks. I figure there's not point in taking a week of annual leave, then returning to work at 36 weeks for one more week!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123