Thread: Steak question...

Default Steak question...

Can I just cook a couple of steaks in the oven?

We don't have a BBQ but DH just got some nifty cajun spice mixture from a friend and I would like to put it on the steak I'm planning to cook for him tonight. Normally I cook steak in the George Foreman but I'm afraid the seasoning will stick to the George?

How long would I cook the steaks and at what temperature? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

i know you can cook steak in the oven but personally i havent tried it although DH has requested i do! I was under the impression that you had to sear the steak quickly b4 putting in oven to seal it but i could be very wrong so i am interested in seeing how others do it.

hmm maybe i'll even try it tonight for DH too,

use some spray stuff on the grill, id personally grill them over using the oven

use some spray stuff on the grill, id personally grill them over using the oven

yup you can. wrap them in some foil so they dont dry out. 20 mins or so @180 degrees

I would also say grill them

DoubleK Guest

from someone who watches her lovely DP cook dinner everynight... he cooks his steak in the oven.. but uses the griller setting, he puts foil over the rack and makes a right mess for me to clean up!

If you seal the steaks on a really high heat in a pan or on your grill first a couple of mins each side, then put them in a HOT oven (200?C) until they are done...depending on how thick they are and how well you want them done, anywhere between 5 and 20 mins...

*I miss work!! lol*
    HTH!

Hi All!

Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up pan frying them on the stove. I cooked them for 1 minute on each side to seal them and then did another 2 mins on each side and that seemed to work perfectly. DH was very happy with his steak and mine tasted nice as well but I shouldn't have eaten something so heavy and difficult to digest as my stomach and gut have been upset for a whole day now. Oh well - I will know what works for the next time and now I have some new options to try as well.

DS refused to eat his meat and I have noticed that he often doesn't like to eat meat regardless of what kind of meat it is! I suggested to DH that perhaps he just doesn't like meat and his response was "He is too young to know what he likes!"