Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gastroschisis Update

Great to hear an update on you and Hannah - it sounds like you are such a wonderful Mummy for her - good luck with the feeding and can't wait to hear another update

Great news Charlotte! Will be lovely for you to be closer to home. You guys are doing great with feeding, she will get there.

xx

That's wonderful news Charlotte. What a strong little girl she is

Finally!! 6 and a half weeks since her birth and we have finally made it home!!

Hannah got her nasal gastric tube removed on Saturday and she decided then that she'd breastfeed. I have no idea what made her wake up to the idea.
    She's still pretty tiny at 2.35 kilos so I'm using a nipple shield to feed her. She only requires a 'top up' from a bottle 2 or 3 times a day and I've got loads of frozen milk that I bought home.

She's been pretty boring actually. Its just so amazing to be home. The travelling has knocked her around and she's spent plenty of time crying but she's been sleeping for a while now.
    Can't wait to show her off around town...

Getting her to breast feed was the hardest, most emotional thing I've ever done. It was harder than everything else because after nearly every attempt Hannah an I would be crying. She just didn't' seem to get it. It was so hard seeing other prem babies getting it and going home.

Will try and do a bigger update when I can.

Thanks again!

that's wonderful, enjoy having your baby girl home xx

Brilliant news. THank you so much for updating.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Awesome news!!!
    Keep up the great work xoxo

Enjoy your baby girl.

I'm on such a high!! 9 days ago Hannah was 2.540kg and she was weighed today at 3.010!!! I can't believe she made it to 3kg!! I'm so excited!

WHOO HOO!! what an amazing achievement for you both!!!

CongrAts Charlotte. An awesome effort.

Hi Charlotte how is everything going now i had a gastroschisis baby in 2009 at Newcastle reading all your threads brought back all the memorys good and bad. Thinking of you hoping our next pregnancys are easy.

Hey mzwan87. I'm terrified of my next pregnancy. I think as soon as I can I'm going to get my OB to refer me to melbourne to have a scan. Those U/S can pick up gastro alot sooner than the ones here. I just wish we knew what the cause was. No-one should go through this.

Hannah is doing really good.. Shes nearly sleeping through the night! 10pm to 6.30 the other night. Last night was 9pm to 1.30am to 6.30am. So that was pretty good.
    Even better that DP got up. I've got a massive cold and didn't even hear him get up to her..... even tho apparently I talked to him. I hate that. :-)

Got cardiology and audiology coming up in April, and then another meeting with the surgeon in May.

Hannah is now fitting really well in 0000 clothes. She's growing up so fast. Seems like not long ago she was too small for 00000. Getting plenty of smiles out of her, and occationally a giggle. Its very cute!

Putting a video together of our journey for youtube. What got DP and I through was looking at other videos of Gastro-babies and preparing ourselves. Which would be why I wasn't too shocked to see her 'guts' everywhere.

No problems with her at the moment. The surgeon took her off ranitadine. She began vomiting straight away so I had to ring him and put her back on it.
    Shes on a fairly small dose, but she obviously needs it.

Default for charlotte

Thats so great to hear everything is settling down. we have just found we are expecting again i will give you updated but im really scared. Let me know when you put the vid up i wanna watch i tried finding u on facebook no luck hehe but found my page was set on private changed it. Keep me updated

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234