Thread: Incomp Cervix and Toddler

Default Incomp Cervix and Toddler

Hi girls,
    I was just wondering if any one here has done this. My main issue is lifting DD who isn't that heavy but the strain on a stitch would be a disaster. My other issue is that if I have to do bed rest what am I going to miss out in watching her and visa versa is she going to forget about the woman laying in the bedroom and prefer the person that plays all the great games. I originally thought to go back (IVF) in December for a Jan transfer but realistically that is 11 weeks away:eek: . Also can someone help telling me when toddlers get reliant in climbing into car seats and getting out of baths.
    Thanks
    Bec

Last edited by Visitor9; October 14th, 2006 at 11:00 PM.

what a dilemna Bec. I haven't been in that situation but have been trying to rest while doing IVF with a 4 year old. Rest assured, doesn't matter how many games someone else plays with her - you will always be Mum so don't let that worry you. and you can play games and read books and watch DVDs together while you are lying down.
    As far as becoming independent so that you don't have to lift her, that is probably a little way off. Depends on what your bath is like but DD still wants me to lift her out of the bath at 4 (she could prob. do it herself but doesn't want to) and the car seat , she was probably 3.5 years before she got into and out of herself.

So it may be a toss up about going back to try now when you do need to lift her often but she is relatively light to wait a while but then she will be very heavy, and if you do have to lift her, it will be impossible. if you are on strict bed rest, you won't be going in the car anyway and you could bath her when dh is home to get over that problem. Probably best to go with your obs. advice.
    good luck

Thanks Anney,
    Its a big decision to make and a lot to sort out! I'm just worried that we tried so hard for her (IVF Bub) as well she shouldn't have to be punished for my selfish wants iykwim.DH is nicely putting it useless lol so deep down I know I will have to wait along time...well until a letter comes regarding FET time expiring.
    Thanks for the time lines I will maybe give her intensive training My obst has warned me that I could also end up in hospital for along period of time which also breaks my heart.
    Sometimes the unexpected pregnancies take all this planning out but it isn't going to happen.
    Good luck with your IVF treatment Anney...I'll have to live my pregnancy thou you girls in the LTTTC AC forums.
    Bec

Bec,
    How do you think she would go in the shower with you??
    I know that my littlies around 1 1/2 loved to come into the shower at the same time as me,,,that might be an option to save you having to lift her in and out of the bath??
    I think around 2, maybe a bit younger, my boys started getting into their car seats for me. I found having a "special" toy that was always kept in the car, was a great encouragement, as they were only ever allowed to play with it in their seat.