Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: subchorionic hematoma

mylilangle Guest

I had my ultrasound done for the down syndrome and they found I had a subchorionic haemorrhage measuring 42 x 12 x 39mm and bubba measures in at 50mm the doctor who did the testing didn't seem too worried but after reading about it I am starting to get really worried, since this is our first baby and we went through alot to fall pregant this time. i haven't had any bleeding or discharge at all. I have my next appointment with my ob on the 12th jan should I wait to then or try to get in earlier???????

mylilangle,

Hello, I also have this condition and so far have been bleeding heavily with clots since about 13 weeks. (dark old blood). I am now 18 weeks and I have my morphology scan tommorrow morning to see if the hematoma has expelled itself. The obs told me that there is a 90% success rate with this condition so try not to worry yourself too much. The clot will either disolve into your body on its own or it will expel itself (so you will bleed like a period) or stay the same. Most just disapear. When I told him at the last visit that I had been bleeding heavily with clots he said "thats a really good sign" As long as its not bright red fresh blood. Its highly possible that you may get some bleeding as the hematoma goes away. My obs put me on fortnightly visits and regular ultrasounds to check up on me and make sure everything was ok. I am now on 4 weekly visits because I havnt had too many problems.

Try not to worry yourself too much as its quite common and the outcome is usually a positive one. There are many women out there who go onto having perfectly normal babies. Just remember no sex, avoid heavy lifting and try not to exercise too hard.
    If you want to PM feel free, and try not to read too much on the internet as you will only make it worse for yourself. Trust me I do it and regret it as I freak out over all the bad stories!!

Christine

peggy Guest

I am glad i found this forum, i was wondering if anyone has any updates on this condition
    i have 2 sub-chorionic haematomas next to my placenta and am 17 weeks preg.
    my first bleed was at 14 weeks and have been spotting ever since.
    last week i passed a clot so i was a bit scared and the following day i was admitted due to constant sickness which i have endured since concieving and being unable to eat/drink and i was put on IV fluids to bring my body back up to speed.
    some success stories wouldnt go astray at this time!!!

Hi there,

I am the one that originally posted this thread. I think I was only 6ish weeks pregnant back then?

If you look at my ticker now, I successfully carried my baby to term and whilst it was a rocky road, I ended up with a healthy baby in the end.

I bled till 14 weeks from the hematoma till it resolved itself. It was a long and scary time, but worth it in the end when I first got to hold my little boy.

I wish you the best of luck Peggy, hang in there, rest lots and look after yourself. Most of these cases turn into a healthy full term pregnancy resulting in a completely healthy baby.

Peggy stay positive, I had a subchoronic hematoma throughout my pregnancy and was frightened that something horrible was going to happen everytime I bled but I ending up having a beautiful 8lb 5oz baby boy ten days before my due date, perfectly healthy and thriving as he is now almost 10wks old. From what I have seen and read on this condition the happy stories far outweigh the sad ones.

Alison

Thanks for the positive stories, they make living with this nightmare, just that little bit easier. Im only 8 weeks, so i have so long to go. I hope the bleeding stops soon.

Good luck to everyone suffering with this.
    treelo

alisad Guest

Default subchronic hemorrhage

I was diagnosed with a subchornic hemorrhage or hematoma at 10.5 weeks. I actually had a dream 2 weeks before this happened, and in my dream I was bleeding uncontrollably, and in the dream I knew that I was still pregnant. then when it really happened I was sleeping and I woke up thinking that i was urinating on myself. I knew that I should check to see what was going on so when i turned ont the bathroom light I was bleeding all over the place. I thought that i was surely in having a misscarriage. my boyfriend and i went to the ER dept, and they diagnosed me by scan that it was a large subchronic hemorrhage. I did pass some clots and the dr also examined me and told me that my cevix had closed right back up. The dr explained to me that if i dont stop bleeding red blood in the next couple of days that misscarrying would be inevitable. I also want everyone to know that iam prescribed to take 1 baby asprin to prevent clotting, and prometrium 2 200mg a day for my progesterone levels. I dont have any problems with my levels. the dr only recommeneded me to take them becuase i previously had a missed misscarriage back in may 2007, and they found that the baby stopped growing at 9.5 weeks, so i found out at 12 weeks because unforunately i was still holding the fetus. did a d & c and my doc told me that i could try again in 30days when i run a full cycle. successfuly i found out that i was pregnant. anyways know iam 11.2 weeks, and now iam spotting with brown, so I leave all my faith in god to keep my baby healthy. also my babys heartbeat is fully normal with 170bpm.

beck2930 Guest

Hey
    I also to had a bleed at 15 weeks which was terrifying. I also had a miscarriage at the start of the year so I was pretty devastated when this happened. The doctors also had thought that I had a miscarriage so imagine our surprise when I had a scan and bub was jumping around. They said that I had that haetoma thing. I still occassoinally have spotting which is brown and I am now 18 weeks. i have a morphology scan next tuesday which i am anxious about. I hope all is well with everyone else as well as myself. I must say thank god for these web sites as doctors really dont seem to explain things too much do they.

beck2930 Guest

Default In the same boat

Hey
    I also to had a bleed at 15 weeks which was terrifying. I also had a miscarriage at the start of the year so I was pretty devastated when this happened. The doctors also had thought that I had a miscarriage so imagine our surprise when I had a scan and bub was jumping around. They said that I had that haetoma thing. I still occassoinally have spotting which is brown and I am now 18 weeks. i have a morphology scan next tuesday which i am anxious about. I hope all is well with everyone else as well as myself. I must say thank god for these web sites as doctors really dont seem to explain things too much do they.

Cheryl Guest

Hello everyone,
    I hope your don't mind me joinig. I too have a SCH and have been in a living hell for over two weeks now. I live in the United States and have not found much help on this..not much positive help. I was in my 8th week and was on vacation (I got pg through IVF) prior to leaving we had an ultrasound and everything looked good, there was a second gestational sac however it was not thriving as my little gummy bear was. In the middle of my vacation I got up from the sofa and felt a strange feeling just to make it to the restroom in time for a huge clot to pass. In tears I was taken to the hospital per my RE to just make sure there were no complications, with what I thought was a misscarriage. After spending 5 hours in the hospital and being tortured with an IV, a foley cathater a pelvic exam (yes after the cather was in) and an ultrasound, the doctor came in and said I had a "threatened misscarriage" I was dumbfounded!!!!!! at 4am this doc got the most bizzarr look I could ever give.
    So I went left and rested for the next four days and made the 11 hour trip home. The next Monday AM I went to my RE and had a transvaginal ultrasound completed where she saw the hematoma. The visit dif not end on a positive note and I left waiting to misscarry. About three days later I called the nurse and aksed her if people ever make it through this and she said unfortunatly yes they do:-S. That was a week ago and since then I had another ultrasound and the baby was doing well. I continue to spot brown especially when the goo from the progesteron comes out. I have read that brown is good and try to stay positive.
    Being in the first trimester having this looming over me and just the hormonal flux I am having really it so much to handle.
    I have to say I am happy to see this sight and see the 90% success rate that does help.
    To everyone out there hang in there and know you are not the only one going through this....and it does bite!
    Last edited by Cheryl; September 21st, 2007 at 01:37 AM. Reason: add signature

lrf Guest

My wife is 15.5 wks. She takes clexane & aspirin for a medical condition. Bleed @ 9wks - very scary! Went for U.S., nothing found for a cause but the twins are OK. Larger bleed the next day, went to hospital, cervix OK. Had U.S. in the morning, found a SCH of medium size near the placenta of one of the twins. U.S. @ 12.5wks, twins fine, SCH still the same size. After bleeds @ 9wks, small daily brown discharge upto now. The clexane and aspirin further complicate the SCH management. Anyone out there with SCH and using clexane & aspirin?
    Best Wishes to all of you and keep positive.

beck2930 Guest

Default SCH

I to had a heavy bleed at 15 weeks. U/S was done baby was fine. 2 weeks later another U/S baby still fine. Went for a 20 week scan and bubs was doing well. I am now 24 weeks have had no bleeding for mmm approx 3 weeks THANK GOD! Even so I still worry I had a miscarriage earlier in the year so I dont think I will be free of worry until my little one is born! Hope everyone is well

SurpriseNo3 Guest

I am 8 weeks and have been bleeding for 4 days with a sub chorionic haematoma (found in a dating scan at 5 weeks). Starting with brownish spotting, last night I passed a large clot and ended up in our little local emergency dept. My bleeding has continued as though I'm having a period and I continue to pass small clots up to the size of a 20c coin. The doctor said last night that he thought a misscariage was inevitable, but I am so happy to read that some of you have also passed clots and gone on to full term.

I am feeling completely helpless and hopeless just having to sit and wait this out! My first 2 pregnancies were text book and feeling scared and anxious for this baby is incredibly hard. I already feel an attachment to it. The feedback on this forum has at least given me some hope and I may get some sleep tonight!

Cheryl Guest

Hello Surprise No 3

As you see I had a SCH back at 8 weeks and I am now in my 32nd:-) It was just about 4 weeks ago that I allowed myself to be excited again. I bleed for about two weeks, and it was an emotional roller coast NO ONE should have to endure. I know who alone I felt during that time, how I would get so upset every sensation and every trip to the bathroom was cause for a break down. As I wrote above my nurse told me people make it through all the time, and the instance of carrying to term is higher the misscarriages. I have to tell you that I don't know exactly how big a 20c coin is due to being in the US but if you know how big an American quarter is that how big my clots were. I wish I could say something to stop your fears but only time will tell. I do have to tell you I limited my activity during that time, there is no clear cut decision on bed rest with a SCH so I just did the bare minimum each day and the house cleaning and such was done by my partner. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope you will post in a few weeks with positive outcomes.

SurpriseNo3 Guest

Hi Cheryl

Thank you so much for your reply and kind thoughts. Unfortunately my news is not good. I had an incomplete miscarriage over the weekend and had to be admitted to hospital on Wednesday for a D&C as I lost a lot of blood. A further ultrasound found that my embryo had not progressed past 6 weeks making it an unviable pregnancy. No-one has been able to tell me whether the SCH had anything to do with it or if it was just a coincidence.
    From what the sonographer said, I'm led to believe that this pregnancy was not going to be sucessful anyway, so the SCH may well have NOT been the reason. It appears that most people carry on successfully - though that doesn't relieve the stress when your bleeding!

At 32 weeks you're well on your way to a beautiful healthy baby! I wish you the best of luck!

Surprise No 3 - I'm so sorry to hear that you miscarried - sending you big .

I've also got a SCH (i didn't find this thread & did a new post accidentally - oops!). Anyway the SCH showed up on my first scan but not my second the following week (which my doc was a bit sceptical about) - she suggested I be as careful as if I still had it. I was mainly getting spotting from it, very much after any exertion, for e.g. a light 10 min walk (I realised retrospectively!). So I'm doing no activity & working from home for a few weeks. But on fri night, I had a red blood bleed (enough to soak straight through my clothing). The bleed settled that night once I'd gone to bed & then didn't recur (I'm back to spotting brown sorry if TMI) but I'm going for another scan tomorrow. Just wondered if others had that kind of bleed & if it went on to be ok or not?

Thanks,
    Belfie

unityhope Guest

Cool

i hope it all works out for you guys. i havent ever had anything like this, but a friend of mine does, i hope this pregnancy goes well for her.
    Good luck to all you pregnant mummies to be

Hi there. I've been posting in the BB forums for a while, though mostly in the Pregnancy after Late Loss and TTC after Late Loss threads. I've been having such problems with SCH that I've been having one of those "surfing nights" where I torture myself reading the same pages over and over again. I was glad to find this thread right here on BB, since your stories seem to be mostly positive.

I'm so glad that those of you who posted a couple years ago have success stories that you shared either by posting again or by me looking at your signatures and seeing that your babies came through.

I had repeated bleeding with my pregnancy earlier this year, where an SCH was found in week 14 and I had a spontaneous miscarriage in week 17. We do not know that it was the SCH that caused the miscarriage, but there is no other explanation.

I am now pregnant again, 13 weeks, and today I suffered my 4th large bleed so far for this pregnancy. After the first one the doc found both that the placenta was lying over the inner cervical opening and an SCH, the former most likely having caused the latter. These bleeds have had a lot in common -- 3 of the 4 came directly after sex or orgasms (we were repeatedly assured that it was perfectly okay to have sex and waited until I hadn't bled for a while), there was little or no pain involved, the bleeds came with sudden and large amounts of bright red, fresh blood that then tapered off and disappeared almost immediately, and two of them included clots, one teaspooon sized and one tablespoon sized. This makes them quite different from the bleeding I had before my miscarriage, as I had constant bleeding from week 14 to the loss then, even if it wasn't lots of blood all the time.

So I'm trying to be hopeful and gain strength from your stories and notice that there are differences between this pregnancy's bleeding and the last. But there are negative factors as well. Each bleed seems to be more serious, and today I'm noticing that the bleeding that started today isn't really stopping yet, and is accompanied by more pain than I'd like... Another thing that makes it strange is that I just had a scan 4 days ago where they told me that the placenta had moved away from the cervix and that the hematoma was gone, so it would seem that today's bleed and clot would be a new hematoma... or something more sinister. The final thorn in my side is that I'm out of the country, on a vacation that I didn't really want to take for fear that something would happen with the pregnancy while we were here. My miscarriage occured less than 24 hours after arriving back home from London, so both superstition and fear of having to go through the horror of a miscarriage in a place I wasn't familiar with made me wary. Everyone told me how stupid I was for being pessimistic and not allowing myself a vacation, but here I sit, mentally preparing myself for a trip to a Spanish emergency room.

I hope things turn out as well for me as they have for most of you. Since I'm over 13 weeks now, another loss would mean another unimaginably horrific experience that I just can't fathom going through again.
    Last edited by Tildy; September 27th, 2008 at 09:59 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast