Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Georgia's Story

By the way - Are you on msn messenger yet? or did you decide against it?

kirsty Guest

Hi Becc,
    In regards to TTC do whatever you are comfortable doing. Anyone who knows you well will know that you are not trying to replace Georgia. I think it is natural to worry about what others think & maybe we place too much importance on how others will judge us. After all it is you who has been through this experience & you who has to figure out how to move on & live every day. We had trouble with some people who we thought were friends saying some really hurtful stuff when we started to talk about TTC again & in the end we have realised that maybe they weren't the friends we thought they were. Family & friends have been great. I think that there is no way anyone can know just how difficult it is to make the decision to TTC after a m/c unless they have been in that situation. So do whatever feels right for you & your DH (of course) & remember that you don't have to explain yourself to anyone but yourself.

Melinda Guest

Hey Becc,

This is quite a toughie! IKWYM about worrying what other people will think etc and even though it's none of their business at the end of the day as it is ultimately you and your DH's decision, there is still that feeling of needing to explain yourself and to ensure that those around you understand that just because you are TTC again or fall PG again doesn't mean that your loss is any less and that Georgia wasn't important to you.

Sadly it can be all too easy for other people to point the finger and pass judgement when they haven't been in your position and it can be quite emotionally draining when you feel like you are continually explaining yourself. But if this makes it easier for you, then of course that's exactly what you should do. I'd love to tell you to not worry about what other people think, but that's waaay easier said than done isn't it and I've certainly been guilty of it myself!

You are right when you say you will never 'get over' Georgia - I quite simply think it's impossible to get over the loss of a loved one. It will be a very hard journey for you Becc, but there are always going to be us girls here on BB who will support you no matter what!!

Thanks girls O

Like you have all said, what we do really is no one else's business and in my head I know that. Like my DH says, people are going to think whatever they want no matter what you say anyway. And like you said Kirsty, unless someone has been in this position themself they will probably never understand what we are going through and I daresay that there is nothing we could say to make them. I have to admit that I do tend to worry about other people's opinions too much. I also tend to overanalyse everything. Sometimes I wish I could just turn my brain off!!

I think ultimately all our friends and family will be quite understanding and will support us. If I find that any of them aren't, I will just steer clear of them wherever possible.

We know that Georgia will always be in our hearts and she will always hold her rightful place in our family as our first child. All her brothers or sisters will know that they have a big sister. She has probably even given another little baby the gift of life because losing Georgia has made me want more children than we had originally planned. (We will have to see what DH says about that though!)

Thanks for your thoughts girls. I guess I knew what you were going to say anyway because it is the same thing I would say to someone else, but it just helps to hear it all the same, so I know I'm not crazy IYKWIM? (Then again, maybe I am LOL!)

kirsty Guest

Hi Becc
    You are so not crazy, sometimes we just need to hear somebody else say what we are thinking to have it make sense. Our son James (22mths) has just learnt to say "Alex" & like you said he will always know that he had a little brother (& so will any other children if we are lucky enough to have more) as I think it is important. We have a candle we burn for Alex when we are home & when James points to it we tell him it is Alex's candle & that is when he says Alex. I have to say that that can be heard to hear sometimes as then I imagine what could have been. You know the two of them running around like mad things in years to come yelling each others names, but we will get there. Hope you are having some better days & taking care of yourself & DH is too!

Thanks Kirsty

It's nice to know it's not just me stressing over these sorts of things!

I think the candle that you burn for Alex is a beautiful idea. It's something that will always keep him in your thoughts. Not that I expect that he strays too far from your thoughts ATM. It is so nice how James has a little bit of understanding of his brother too. I can only imagine how hard it would be for him to be able to say Alex's name though. It must make your heart flip when you hear it.

DH and I are doing ok. Just doing our best to look after each other. I hope you and your DH are doing well too. And James of course. I must say that you have been sounding quite positive in some of your recent posts. It's great to hear!

As many of you girls know, I have been doing up a web page in memory of our daughter Georgia. With everything that has been happening lately, I haven't had a chance to post the details like I said I would, but I have now added the link to her page.

I will probably still do a bit more work on it and tweak it a little bit, but I think it is ready for viewing.

If anyone wants to have a peek, the link is Georgia's name in my signature...

Dear Bec,

Congratulations you have done such a wonderful job! I am very impressed.

Georgia was very beautiful and everything that you wrote brought tears to my eyes. Georgia was blessed to have you as her mother.

Love Sarah

Becc, you have done a lovely job with Georgia's site, well done.

Becc,

You have done a wonderful job with Georgia's website. She was such a beautiful little girl and will always be in my thoughts.
    I read your story to Paul and we were both crying.

Becc just had a look at Georgia's website. You have done a fantastic job. It's lovely.

Becc, I have just visited Georgia's website. You have done a really amazing job: it really touched me, and I could feel your love shining from the pages. Well done...she will be a very proud little baby girl looking down on her Mummy.

xx

Dear Becc,
    I just wanted to say what a beautiful job you have done on Georgia's website... I was very touched by your story, and am still in tears now...

Take care,

layla Guest

Oh, Becc
    That is such a wonderful, special thing you have done to honour and remember Georgia.
    I've been crying for nearly an hour!
    I don't know what else to say, I'm overwhelmed by the loss of such a beautiful, perfect baby. She will live in your heart for ever and now she has touched me too.
    Lots of love to you.

Becc

Georgia's website is a fitting tribute to such a precious little girl. You have truly done a great job.

Becc Georga's site is fantastic and you have done such a good job
    I was so touched at being able to see your perfect baby, and like the other girls I was a blubbering mess by the end.

Again, well done.

Oh Becc, what a beautiful site in honour of your beautiful little girl.

Take care.

Angel.

Becc,
    I have just had a look at Georgia's site and it was great, so touching. The poems on there are amazing too. Bought tears out that I didn't know I had left!
    I hope you are having a good day today.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast