Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gunna be tough few days.....

rails Guest

Fi , i've just read your news ..... am so very sorry to hear this .... Big hugs to you :hugs: will be thinking of you tomorrow, hope it is all over quickly for you xx

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh for goodness sake!! Urrgh... They just have no bloody idea, do they??
    I am soooo sorry, Fi. The hospital has treated you appallingly... just so angry for you. I really hope tomorrow it gets all over and done with.

Fi.. I'm soooo sorry!!

It's such a rotten thing to happen, and it sucks even more the way you've been treated.

I hope that everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow and they have a bit of thought for your situation and don't put you through more pain.

*hugs* to you, and I hope that with Shane and Jenna for support you can keep your positive attitude.

*Yvette* Guest

Fi, I'm so sorry for your loss. Not too impressed with how things have been handled by 'the system'. Big hugs, & I hope they treat you better from now on.

OMG Fi, you poor thing, Grr @ the hospital. :evil:

I hope everything goes smoothly for you and I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the tablets for?? When I had my D*C I never had to have to do that and we lost our bubs @ 10 weeks (roughly).

I hope you don't have to go to the Mat ward to have it done.

Like Michelle, I was in the day ward and like you had mine done on a Sat and all the women in there were having D&Cs.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

OMG that sucks, I'm so sorry that you were sent away, I hope they get you in tomorrow

They told me that the tablets are to soften everything up, and make it easier to remove everything. They are misoprostol, which I've read up on. They look like an vaginal abortion pill to me.

I guess either way they want to get rid of it, so if they dont fit me in again, at least something starts happening because I still haven't started bleeding yet through to a pad - just lots of brown mucous when I wipe.

I've been told that I am to come in at 7am, unless the pain gets too much before that. Nice warning huh? She said to use a heat pack. Sounds all very unpleasant and painful. Lots of bleeding, lots of cramps.

The worst thing is I have to be admitted in the emergency dept, because nowhere else can admit me during the weekend - so back to the scene of the crime.

The theatre they will use is next to the birthing suites, so I will hear babies cry I guess I'm OK with that, I just think its terribly tactless. Imagine if I didn't have Jenna to cuddle??? They have a gynocological room in the maternity ward. Its a big 6 bedder, so I guess I'm in there after the procedure. I will scream if they make me go back to the day clinic. Most of the mums are actually in there for problems and monitoring, so the last thing they need is to hear me blubbing away.

Bec did something very nice for me today. Although she should realise that I have cats.... but they only got one scone!!

Fi

Fi i so hope you don't have to go through a natural m/c. But if the pain does start and get worse please go straight in. It is one thing i wish i did last time.

Melinda Guest

To soften everything up?! Weird. Seriously Fi, I never had to have anything like that. I don't want to be an alarmist, but I'd be worried about using them and then potentially not getting in for the D&C anyway, and being in a lot of pain.

It just sucks the way you are being treated! I just can't get over it.

Yes, it is tactless to put you near the birthing suites. I think I mentioned in the other thread that I was put on the Maternity ward before/after my D&C and it was awful. I felt like I was having it rubbed in my face. Not very nice.

Melinda - dont forget the fasting part..... I'll be in pain, hungry, thirsty emotional, and bleeding everywhere.
    Man I am so looking forward to tomorrow!!! I better get up the road and get some maternity pads just in case. All I have is Libra Goodnights, and a few thing maternity pads, so it makes sense to have a few surfboards on hand.

I get what you mean about it sucking really bad, but I'm going to take the pills and be tough. Thats what they have told me to do, and I really dont want to be bumped just cause I didn't do what they said. Bec's SIL (I think...) ate a packet of chips while waiting in emergency, and ended up sitting there - in the waiting room for 5 hours until they took her through. And she was bleeding the whole time.

Surely it can't be worse than labour?? Specially Jenna's one. Oh god that was bad.
    I wonder if they'll give me an epidural?? LOL.

Melinda Guest

Yep, IKWYM about fearing that they'll bump you if you don't do what they say.

Pain, thirst, hunger, emotional, bleeding = what a combination. Just freaking awful. Make sure you have some strong pain relief in the house too Fi - just in case. If things do move along before you get to the hospital or before they do the D&C, yep, you will need plenty of pads but also some pain relief. I won't lie - it's not nice.

But having said that, the chances are, that if you are bleeding like that and in pain that they will see you asap. Well they should anyway (I guess there's no guarantees with what you mentioned about Bec's SIL).

Geez, I tell you what, all of this just makes me want to ring up Geelong Hospital and give them a really serious pasting! Wrong, wrong, wrong!!! This kind of thing really does a persons head in. It's times like these that I think hospitals/doctors etc just don't understand the emotional side to this. And even the physical side of it they're not handling appropriately! Sheesh........

Well there is some slightly postive news.

I called the birthing suites, and THANK GOD I actually got the midwife who delivered Jenna (in so much as a natural birthing midwife can with forceps in a theatre).
    Anyway - I basically trust everything she says. So straight up she said, the meds are apparently what they are doing now for some people as well as curette, I would be unlucky for the pain to hit within 2 hours, BUT if it does, to come in immediately, bugger their 7am timeframe. She said if I'm in the sort of pain that needs something, I shouldn't be at home.

Andy is such a champ, just the best midwife you could ever have hoped to have, and she is on tomorrow from 7-3:30pm. She has said if I need to talk, just to get them to call her, and she was really happy to hear we were all well (under the circumstances ) and about her influence in getting Jenna to feed well. She was the one who taught me "big wide mouth Jenna" and "nope - no good, take her off and do it again".

So thankfully one of my angels will be there looking after me if I need it. I have lined up the babysitter (my SIL) if things get ugly, surfboards are purchased. I think I'm ready. It reminds me somewhat of my induction in a way, except not as exciting, and I dont get the great end result.

But talking to Andy has lifted a huge weight off my shoulders.

And as for pain relief - we have the market cornered You name it - we have it including valium, morphine and plenty of panadiene forte. I wont take any though cause it might be an excuse to bump me.

Thanks again for everyones support, hopefully this mess is almost over.

Fi

That is great you have been able to tallk to someone and feel a but better.

I took panadiene forte when i had my last m/c and it helped so much with the pain. I never went through a natrual labour but i said to someone give me a c/section any day of the week than have that pain again.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh Fi, it all sounds terribly awful, again I am so sorry that you are going through this, it sucks big time that you are not being taken better care of at the hospital, there should be a special hospital for things like this, seems like it would be better, but as if there would be funding for that.

Anyway, I'm glad you found some comfort thanks to Andy, she sounds like a gem, I'm so happy that she was on the end of the phone for you, and it sounds as though she will take VERY good care of you if you need her.

Once again I will be thinking of you tomorrow (not that I have stopped thinking since I heard your news), good luck, and take care

Oh Fi, I am so very sorry to hear that you are going through this! I hope the night and tomorrow goes okay (well as well as it can - ykwim), shall be thinking of you. Lots of hugs.

Im really sorry for your loss fi.

Fi,
    Iam really realy sorry for your loss.

hugs
    Lesley

Dear Fi;

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

I hope everything went as well as it possibly could, today.

Best wishes and for you.

Maybe I should drive you home in the back of my car... only I don't have a van.... maybe I should buy one???

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast