Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunna be tough few days.....

Default Gunna be tough few days.....

Well,

I had my scan, and they confirmed that the baby was only measuring 8w4d, and no heartbeat.
    I have another drs appt at 2pm, I guess we will discuss what to do to get it out. I'm personally thinking along a d&c line as I dont think I want to see what comes out of me.

The dates tie in perfectly from when I got gastro nearly 3 weeks ago. I guess between the dehydration, the vomiting and the diarrhoea the poor little bugger just couldn't do it.

In a way it feels OK cause I know we can make another baby, and I guess its good that its nothing I could control. I mean - how could I stop myself being sick, and how could I stop myself catching a bug that is spreading all around Geelong. Its not a problem with me, or my insides, or something I did.

I guess the hardest thing is even though I told my dr and the midwife clinic that something was wrong, I had to initiate the scan, I had to pay for it, and I had did it all against their recommendations - they told me to wait a week. Why couldn't someone help me? Why isn't there a something in the public system that allows you to get checked when this happens?

So it will be a rough couple of days. Thanks to bec for her support, and I hope she will enjoy our bender!!! As she says - they will have to carry us home in a police car.

Fi

Melinda Guest

Oh Fi, I am so very very sorry to hear your news. I was so hoping that this would not be the case for you.

You're right, you couldn't stop yourself from being sick - you did nothing wrong. This is not your fault.

I would say that yes, you will probably go in for a D&C.

I'm so sorry that you had to 'force' the issue of having a scan done with your Doctor etc. Things shouldn't be that hard - you need all the support and assistance you can get at these stressful times in your life and to instruct you to wait for a week is just cruel - that would send me around the twist altogether.

All my love and thoughts are with you Fi.

Oh Fi i am so so sorry hun

mooshie Guest

oh fi

so sorry for your loss, i truly am - sending you hugs.

this happened to me with my first prg and i truley know how you are feeling right now.

Fi i am really sorry for your loss

I just can't believe they wanted you to wait another week.

Look after yourself.

Oh Fi I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you :hugs:
    I hope you feel better soon :flower:

This is so not the news I was hoping to hear from you today.

Please look after yourself :hugs:

It is terrible that they couldn't help you and that you had to basically force them to let you have the scan

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Again, I am so very sorry. I'm glad that you are not blaming yourself, that's good. I'm sorry the your doctor and midwife didn't give you the attention that you needed, it sucks that they didn't listen to you and help you when you had concerns. I hope they let you do things your way in regards to a d and c, I hope they don't let you m/c naturally if that's not what you want.

Please take care of yourself

Fi I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

What terrible news Fi. I feel so badly for you. I'm so sorry.

Oh Fi!

I am so very sorry this has happened. Please take care :hugs:

Fee Guest

Fi I'm so sorry this has happened. I felt terrible when I saw this thread.

And I'm sorry that the hospital wouldn't see you when you asked. That's not good.

Aww Fi I am so sorry you have gone through this. :hugs:

A d&c is probably a good idea. I know I was relieved when my OB told me to have a d&c so I didn't have to wait and see my baby come out, naturally.

Grrr @ the public system letting you down, it definitley should'nt have been you initiating anything.

You and Shane are in my thoughts at this sad time.

Take Care of yourself.

Fi, I`m so very very sorry to hear of your news.

I don`t know what to say to you, I`m sitting here feeling sick to my stomach for you.

Hugs to you, I`m thinking of you both.

*TamaraP* Guest

Oh Fi, I am sorry for you loss.... sending lots of hugs to you and your family....

Fi,
    You are an amazing person, this little bubby was blessed to have you as its mum. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and you know if there is anything I can do!
    Bec
    xxxx

Oh No Fi!!! I am so sorry for you

Take things easy for a bit, ok...

Hugs
    Tanya

Oh Fi, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

How fustrating for you to do all the intiating, when noone believed you. Damn the dr and nurses sometimes :fuming:

But im glad to hear that you dont blame yourself, Gastro has hit here in Adelaide to pretty bad from what i heard, both DP and I have had it.

Im sorry once again for your loss.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast