Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I might lose my Uterus :(

Sarah,
    I only just saw your post.

It sounds like you have made your decision. I would just like to say. Please get a second opinion. This is huge and it is a decision that will impact on you a great deal. There are many many very good gynaes in Brisbane. A consult will only cost a small amount as you will be reimbursed some by medicare. Some of these private guys have lists at the public hospitals as well. Think about it...

Love to you,
    Deb

Sarah - Hugs to you. Good Luck

Sarah, I don't know quite what to say, except that I'm so very sorry this is happening to you, it's just not fair is it.

And you're right they're $hitty options mate, but as you're DH (who sounds lovely BTW) says you are the most important thing, to him and your other kids, they need a strong healthy mum, and I know what I'm about to say is selfish, but you have beautiful kids now, is the risk worth taking when you have them already.

Believe me this has been put to me also, I want another (have 2 already)and I know the feelings you have if you're anything like me then you don't quite feel complete(sorry to sound like a movie script), but there's an acheing that needs to be filled, so I know what you mean honestly, but at the risk of dying it's probably not worth it in the long run is it?

Good luck with your decision, and why do they need an answer today?

Oh Sarah, i was extrememly saddened to read what you have been going through.

I think you have made a good choice opting for the Chemo and D&C. I'm thinking 5 years down the track you will have the beautiful little bubba in your loving arms.

Goodluck with it all, my thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

~Sarah~ Guest

Hey gorgeous girls!

I did get a second oppinion which pretty much agreed with the first one. All the gynaes and staff working on my case were excellent today the senior gynae spent hours with me talking everything through with me and i felt very much like they had done their homework, I understood and have made the right decision. They even say I can TTC in about 6 months and if I get the condition back that at the worst I would have a planed C Section and removal of the uterus. Not such a big deal seeing as I DEFINATELY aint having four! lol

Well, I had my first round of Chemo today. The injection hurt like a mother...
    I just hope this works...I'll be having a scan in about 3 weeks to see if the mass shrinks.

Thankyou sooo much to all of you who posted...I think the support system on BB is fabulous!
    Hopefully this will be the end of the drama and I can get back to my normal life as Trophy wife, Yummy mummy and Domestic goddess!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Sending you every ounce of luck I have, please keep us posted on how you are going

Sarah,
    It sounds as though you are really happy with your care and your decisions. That is great. I am so so happy that there is an end in sight for you. This has been quite an ordeal. Please keep us posted with how you are going.
    Lots of love and positive thoughts for a quick recovery.
    Deb

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Thinking of you Sarah -hope it is a quick recovery for you so you fulfil your hearts desire for a new bubba.

Sarah, thinking of you and hope all goes well.
    Take care

stc Guest

I'm so glad that they are looking after you and that they are finally giving you all the information you need. Good luck with the chemo Sarah, wishing you a speedy treatment and a fantastic outcome.. Keep us informed how you are
    Love Tracie

All the best Sarah, you sound so positive, i just know that it will have a happy ending

Good luck Sarah! I am so glad you are finally happy with the medical care you are recieving. Sounds like they have taken some time to really "care" about you now (would have been nicer several weeks ago though!).
    Hope the chemo doesn't knock you about too much.

Sarah, to you. I am thinking of you wishing you all the best with the chemo. :luck:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12