Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lost my little daughter...

Default lost my little daughter...

Hi, my name is Karin and I did a search online for a pregnancy loss chat room and came across this site. I lost my little baby girl Kathleen 10 days ago. I had been bleeding for 7 weeks but it still came as a complete shock when I at 1 am woke up and my water had broken. The contractions started right away, about a min apart. Kathleen Rebecca was born at 2.59 am March 27th at 19 weeks. She was a perfectly little baby, just born way too early, too early for anyone to try and save her. We got to hold her for 1 1/2 hour before her little heart gave up. I miss her so much and it hurts so much. Not only do I want my little girl back, but unfortunately I also dream about having a large family and I am not feeling very positive about that anymore, and it really hurts. I have one wonderful boy who is 2 and I am so thankful for him but it still doesn't make the loss less. My heart goes out to anyone going through this experience for which I know there are no words. I have been looking for an online chat room for pregnancy loss as I think there's healing in talking and sharing. Please let me know if you are going through a similar situation and would like to meet up for a chat.

Karin

I am very sorry for the loss of Kathleen. No parent should have to go through the pain of losing a child. :hugs:

If you want to talk to other women who know how this feels then you are in the right place.

I only hope that you are doing ok.

Take care
    Spring xx

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

So sorry to hear of your loss, no one should have to go through that. Hugs to you.

BB is a great place for support and people to chat to, hope you find what you are looking for.

xoxo

Roosa...my heart goes out to you...your in my thoughts and prayers...take care of yourself.
    xoxoxox
    Huge

Hi there and welcome to BB you have come toa great place for support.I am so sorry to hear your sad new as i read it i began to cry , we are all here for you.sending you a big hug.

Hi Karin. I am so sorry for the loss of your baby girl Kathleen. Please know that we are all here to support and listen to you as you grieve your baby's passing. I have found this site to be of wonderful support through some very dark days. Take care and a big hug to you.

smiles4u Guest

I'm so saddened to hear of your precious daughter Kathleen staying only for awhile

... What a beautiful name KATHLEEN (it's my own Mum's middle name)

I too have a 2year old & even though I have been told I have an extremely slim chance of having another child, it doesn't lighten the sadness even though yes I do already have a child that is the absolute joy of my life.

My pregnancy losses were never as far as your little girl so I honestly don't understand.

My heart truely goes out to you & I send you the biggest heartfelt hugs your way

I am now 42 & am still trying for the dream of a second child, more so a sibiling for my beautiful daughter who so deserves this.

You can make that dream happen. I wish you every happiness & hope that you find some comfort in those that DO understand your loss of your sweet baby whom you will carry in your heart forever in your days.

Hi, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I hope you find what you need with us.
    Be gentle with yourself

Enchanted Guest

:hugs: sweet.

Please know we are all here for you.

Roosa - My heart goes out to you and your family. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am sure you'll find heaps of support here at BB. There are heaps of wonderful people with warm hearts to help you through.

Roosa--So sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter, Kathleen! My heart feels your pain, but remember that you're not alone! We all support and care about each other here, so you've come to the right place! I wish that I could take away your pain. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Roosa, I am so sorry for your loss, I can only imagine what you are going through as my twins were lost early. My heart goes out to you, you will find friends,hope and comfort here. Take care, Missy

I am so very sorry to read of your loss.

Hugs to you,
    Debbie

I am so very sorry to read of your loss.

Hugs to you,
    Debbie

DoubleK Guest

Hi Roosa, welcome to BellyBelly.
    i am so sorry to hear of your loss, its not fair is it, we shouldnt have to go through the pain of losing a baby.

best wishes to you, and i hope you stay strong and feel better soon

Rach.

Hi Karin,

I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Kathleen. You must be shattered....my deepest sympathies.

This is a great place to share the good, the bad and the ugly. There is always someone here who has been thru the same or very similar situation and you are so right - talking does help.

Big ....we are all here for you..

Roosa, i am so sorry for ur loss. I too have been through a very similar time as u. Last year on 19th Dec my little girl Isabella was born at 17 weeks, 7:06am at 17cm and 100 grams. She was the most beautiful, precious baby i have ever seen in my life. Although the circumstances as to why she passed away are different to urs, i can understand completely how u are feeling. We too got to hold her, had pics taken, wrapped her in a blanket i had already bought for her, got her footprints done and had a prayer said for her as she laid there, peaceful in her crib at the hospital. I did not know how i would get through it all. I think i was still shocked from the labour and everything that had happened just so quickly that it was only when we left the hospital, that it had really hit me- hard.
    I am very lucky to have a very supportive partner who has been there with and for me through it all. It was tough being so close to xmas, that i just wanted last year to be over.
    I think that i masked my pain to an extent around my family as they did not understand the extent of it. My mu had come for the birth and got to hold her beautiful grandaughter, so that helped take the strain of my DP but i think i was 'pushed' into 'getting over' what had happened to me, hat i am now only having lost another bub last week at 11 weeks, just starting to grieve all over again.
    What i had done, when i had the strength, was make a special box for all the beautiful things i had bought Izzy before she was born. I had also kept the pregnancy tests, my wristband from the hospital, her clothes, photo albums that my mum had engraved and i scrapbooked all her ultrasound pics and birth pics with beautiful borders and words from the heart. My DP and i also bought a necklace with the letter 'I' hanging from it so it's always close to my heart.
    We had also had a ceremony for her at our hospital where we got to light a 'special' candle for her and we spread her ashes next month in a beautiful baby garden that they have near their chapel there.
    All of these things have definately helped me grieve and move on, although i will never forget. I know u feel like u have been dealt with the worst possible card, and you can only ask 'why' and yearn for ur little girl, but just remember, u can always talk to her and know that she will always love u and remember that special moment when she was laying in your arms, feeling ur heart beat against hers.
    I don't have any answers, but just take the time u need. Cry whenever u want to cry, scream, yell and do anything that helps. Get a teddy bear that reminds u of her and cuddle it every chance u get. U are not alone, she is with u every second of the day, u just can't see her all the time but she will visit u in ur dreams when the time is right. Just trust in the bigger picture and the pain will eventually ease.
    I hope i have helped a little bit. I am always here if u ever need to chat. Say whatever u are feeling, no one is judgemental here.
    Take special care xoxoxo
    Last edited by mumisabella; April 8th, 2008 at 05:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast