Thread: need some advice

Unhappy need some advice

I think I am experiencing my first m/c went to the ob on Monday for early scan he said I was 6 weeks but couldn't see foetal hb and to come back the following week for another scan. on wednesday at work noticed bright red spotting when i wiped sorry if tmi went home from work in tears and contacted my ivf doctor who said nothing much could be determined until the next scan. Since then the bleeding has progressed and become slightly heavier and this afternoon sorry again if tmi there were some clots, i did notice a lack of symptoms that I had in my first pg no sore b or m/s .
    things seem to be progressing slowly and I was wondering if this is normal I keep waiting for the worst to happen but so far light cramping and just generally feeling off colour are my only symptoms.
    I am booked in for a scan with ob on Monday and I guess he will be able to tell me where to from here, just feeling a little alone as my husband is away working 5 day shiftwork and will be back mon night
    Allie and Paige16mths

I am so sorry to hear about your bleeding i am just reading your post seeing that no one else replied to i thought i would. I can't help you with your questiong but i am just wishing luck and hoping that it all works out fine.

Nikki

Smile

Thanks for the show of support Nikki I'm feeling a little less gloom and doom this morningAllie hard to feel so awful on a beautiful sunny day I guess

6 weeks is sometimes too early to see a heart beat. But the bleeding and clots are not a good sign, though there are people who have bleed and are still PG, maybe having lost a twin? I had a bleed before I knew I was PG, thought it was just my AF, never had m/s, but sore BB went before M/C.
    I hope that all is ok though, and that the Ob has some good news for you.

sorry to hear what you are going through, sending you a big hug.

Blizz, i am sorry to hear you are experencing this bleeding and not having your hubby around to give you the support you need would only make it harder for you.
    I agree with what the other lovely ladies have said six weeks could be a touch to early to detect a heartbeat but in saying that i'd be trying to get in to see someone before next monday just to be sure, they might be able to give you something to stop what you think might be happening from happening iykwim.

Goodluck sweetie i hope everything is ok, big hugs.

Blizz
    I agree that six weeks is a tad to early to see a heart beat. The bleeding and the clots are not a good sign. Try to relax (I know it will be hard to do) Keep a diary so you can tell the Dr: the color, when, how much and if there were clots. The more info you have to show him the better.
    I hope it is not a miscarriage and that all is fine.
    If you get really worried try and get a babysitter and go to the nearest emergency department to have everything checked out. A simple blood test will tell alot.

take care
    Chris

At 6 weeks they usually don't see a heartbeat. I had a scan at 6 weeks 5 days and it could be detected then so when you go for your next one it should be more accurate.

With my m/c's the bleeding was lighter than a normal period, no cramps and some small clots, so it doesn't necessarily have to be a large blood loss to m/c, but some women bleed heaps and go on to have a normal pregnancy. It's a very stressful time, please take care of yourself.

Good luck.

They say that 50% of women who bleed during pregnancy DON'T lose their pregnancies. In that light, I'm sending you cyber-hugs and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Blizz, been thinking of you and wondering how everything is going.

Big hugs. Thats all I can really say xox
    Please let us know how you go - this site is what keeps me sane lately!

Hi guys,
    thanks heaps for the support over the last couple of days, I've definatley m/c and am booked in for a D&C tomorrow morning think deep down I knew but still hoped.
    Well we will be having a break over christmas to absorb this news and will think about our next step in the new year on a brighter note my DH is home tonight yay!!!!!
    thanks so much everyone

I kept having hopeful moments after u/s and BT confiemed I had a missed m/c. I kept thinking I have not bled yet, maybe, they are wrong, but then I knew the bub was too small for its age and no heart beat, the Bhcg test were falling. But deep down I also knew. I was booked in for D&C, as I wanted to start TTC again, and I didn't know how long it might be before I m/c naturally.
    It is hard having to start again, I'm so sorry for your loss. But you will get through this and will one day have your bub to hold.

hi guys, all finished! I'm feeling fine in myself and a lot happier with D.H to keep me company today.
    having tomorrow off work then will get back into it, nothing like the childcare christmas rush to take your mind off things (something about 80 christmas gifts to organise with my darling charges)
    Think I've had a chance to grieve for now and am feeling a little more optimistic about the new year.
    Just christmas to get through, wow what an incredible year it has been so many ups and downs.
    Paige started dancing for the first time yesterday to Dorothy's dance party I laughed myself silly she is so beautiful thanks again to all my new friends xxxxxxxxx

sending you a big hug

Dear blizz, I am so sorry for your loss. Be really good to yourself right now. And in the midst of all the holiday rush, take the time to rest your body, too. If you need to talk and vent, here's the place to be! I'll be keeping you in my prayers and sending you a cyber hug.

Hi Allie
    Sorry to hear your sad news.
    Take time to heal. You have been through alot.
    You may find that after you have kept yourself busy for the next few weeks that you will feel exhausted and an emotional wreck.
    I kept myself busy with my kids and tried to get on with life and I fell in a heap after a few weeks. I was a mess.
    Take care and remember we are here when you need someone to talk to.

Chris