Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wait or D&C? how do you make that decision?

salad, what a story and that must have been so hard for you, and hard to share it too. thankyou. i can't imagine what that would feel like. sending you a big hug.
    i've decided to sit on the fence just for a week. i'm bleeding but not a lot at all, and i just couldn't bring myself to do the d&c today. i don't think i was quite ready to say goodbye yet if that makes any sense. I'm going to spend the week close to home and just take it easy and enjoy looking after my ds, which is the only thing making me smile at the moment. if bubba decides to come away during the week, then i'm ok with that (scared but emotionally ready i think - does it sounds strange to say that with some cramps and pain i'll feel emotionally and physically linked up to go through the process? sure i'll be saying something different if/when it happens). i've booked in for a d&c next thurs and think i'll also be emotionally ready to say goodbye then to if nothing has happened before that. i just felt like i needed more time with my bubba. does that sound strange?
    thank you to everyone for sharing your stories, as they're all painful losses. but you've all really helped me and please continue to share you stories and advice cause it's all such a huge emotional time that is the hardest thing i've ever had to go through, but being able to read these posts has really helped.
    big hugs to all.

If I were you, I'd take the D&C.
    I lost my bub at 18 weeks and was induced and sent on my way about, oh, 30 minutes after giving birth.
    A week later I was sent back in because I had increased bleeding and painful cramping and found out all the placenta hadn't come away (a 2 min US can show this, I don't understand why they don't do that US before letting you leave with things like these) and I needed to have a D&C as well.
    It made the process so much longer, not to mention having to sit around for 4 days hooked up to an antibiotic drip because of the extra risk of infection didn't exactly help the grieving process. I felt like I got booted back a week and I had to live through the loss all over again.
    If bubs wasn't so big and I didn't have to give birth to him I would have gone straight for a D &C. After everything else that you've had to go through the last thing you want is having to deal with physical pain ontop on the emotional. In my opion anyway.

I have heard from alot of people, including Dr's, Gyno's, Obs, Midwives etc (oh and I few girls in BB ) that in most cases after a D&C you can fall pg alot faster as you have a "clean surface" to work with, iykwim. Like a nice clean cosey home for your next baby to snuggle into.
    But, at the end of the day it is your call, and only you know what is best for you.
    Good luck, and I'm so sorry that you've had to experience losing a little bubby I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Salad, big for you to, chick. I would have been devistated as well.

Thanks everyone not only for giving your experiences in this thread but for all the other threads aswell - it helps all kinds of people.

Jules have you thought of having a little farewell ceremony for your bubs just for yourself - maybe release a balloon or something - this helps some people.

i picked some beautiful roses from our garden today and lit a rose candle next to them, so in my mind I have named this little bubba 'my little rose' and will keep the candle lit untill she's gone from me. from now on whenever i'm in our rose garden or pick a rose, it will be in her honour.

Teagz, after I made the decision to wait I felt like I had made the wrong decision, but i still feel like I'll have a d&c next week, and actually feel like I want to have it. i think i just needed this week to myself a bit. i'm only bleeding lightly at the moment, and I know it can come on all of a sudden, so i'm just taking it easy and actually putting myself first for once (aside from my ds). feel like I need this time to nurture me and my little rose before we'll be forever parted next week one way or another.

salad, what did you do to remember your bubba?

Jules, mummy's of angel babies make the best decisions we can make at the time, giving the situation. There is never ever a wrong one, remember that!

well said teagz 88.
    I think what you did to remember your baby Jules is perfect. I was given a necklace after the second miscarriage from a lady that had a lot of problems conceiving it took them 8 years. I am not religious but she gave me a St Gerard (Its the saint of ecpectant mothers) and I put it on that day and I have not taken it off since. Throughout my pregnancy I would give it a little kiss just before i went to sleep - sounds silly but sometimes we just need some little thing to get us through - I was so scared that I would lose that bubba too but I think the necklace helped me have some hope. So that is how I remember my bubs and I still feel it protects Georgia and I now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12