Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dipsosable Nappies

~Belinda~ Guest

Personally, we prefer Huggies.

Madeleine was in NB ones for 3 weeks then went over to Infant...now she's 2 months old and in CRAWLER! She's a chubber...

We didn't mind Aldi nappies but prefer Huggies over them. Some people prefer Aldi over Huggies! Each to their own I say...

I use cloth, but on the rare occasion that I have had to use 'sposies, I have used the Aldi Mammia ones. They were as good as 'sposies get!

I just wanted to say that I am using Cloth full time & am also on Rain water. It can be done.

We use cloth pretty much full time, it's just as easy to use it when we go out too. But occasionally we use a sposie (ILs etc ) and then we use Aldi or Huggies. My DS was tiny, so I *think* he was in newborn Huggies for at least 10 weeks.

I would really look into setting yourself up to use cloth, if you're already thinking about it, it's so much better at containing newborn wee and poo! I used a bit of both in the early days, but quickly switched to mostly cloth because I was so sick os the sposies leaking and having to change clothes, blankets, bedding etc. Sometimes multiple times each day! I think we've only ever had one or two leaks from cloth, and that's my fault for doing a rush job, or leaving it on too long.

Thanks FionaJill for letting me know that cloth on rainwater can be done. I am keen on the $$$ aspect, will see how much rain we get in the next few weeks/months. SA has missed out on most of the rainfall and not sure how full the tank is. I also want to get settled with having a baby and see how much extra washing it generates first.

I am hoping to get a few samples at the baby expo this coming weekend too. I have found a nappy distributor that has infants in bulk. One is just up the road from me, just need to wait until it is cool enough to walk there or call in on my way past in the car. Again am hoping the will be at the baby expo and have specials.

I know where all you wonderful cloth nappy girls are so will hopefully pop in when I get myself sorted.

The main thing to remember with MCN is you don't soak. its all dry pailing. So that saves water there. I haven't done a NB in cloth but I wash everyday. But I just wash with my normal clothes. I wash out any poo's & just toss it all in as normal.

~Belinda~ Guest

I really dislike Aldi nappies but they work for some and not for others. We stick with Huggies and we find they are best for Madeleine. Madeleine was in NB for only 3 weeks...then Infant for 2 weeks and since then she's been in Crawler.

I only buy Huggies on special and in bulk so I never pay full price. I just check the Woolworths/Coles etc catalogues every week on line to see what specials there are. Even TOYS 'R' US had them on special recently which was great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12