Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaking Huggie - HELP!

Default Leaking Huggie - HELP!

My little man is a week old & we have been using the Huggies Newborns. We've got a pile of MCNs, but I want to use up all the sposies we have been given (especially while we are settling in to being parents!). Anyway, Calvin keeps waking up with a wet back (and wrap, and bassinette sheet).

Is there a trick to putting these nappies on? He is only in them for 3 - 4 hours (I change them every time I feed).

Ditch the sposies, get onto the MCNs! Huggies nb leaked terribly when my DS little.......we got onto flats and stopped having to change the sheets three times a day LOL. The sposies were worse than useless. As he grew we used the sposies when we went out. Trust me, I know the change to cloth seems huge at this stage (I was so scared LOL) but it's worth it! A lot less hassle because you're not changing clothes and bedding all the time.

Be prepared for trial and error with the cloth though, practice makes perfect

I think that Huggies have deteriorated in quality. We used the NB ones on Jack and had no leaks, by the time Tom arrived the Huggies had changed style and we had tonnes of leaks. I am now using MCN and swear by them. In fact last night I put Tom in a sposie as a one off and this morning he did a big poo and it leaked out the side of the Huggies. I haven't ever that problem in MCN (although I never used them on a nb).

I would switch to using MCN when out and at night, and use up your stash of sposies for shorter wears during the day.

I find it must be a boy thing, My son always leaked through disposable nappies, i think they dont put enough absorbent stuff in the boys ones... I found that the huggies quality has dropped heaps since i stated using them... I use baby love ones now there ok and alot cheaper. If your prepared for cloth then i would just switch

I almost always had leaks from disposable nappies. If it wasn't from up the back it was out the leg

You might have to try a few different types. I found snugglers to be good or the baby love ones. Just get the small packet to be sure.

I know of some who use covers over sposies and that helps to at least stop it from getting onto the clothes.

Cloth nappies are great. One reason I went to cloth was due to this leaking thing. I reccon I was washing less by the time I factored in a couple of changes a day for bub or myself and the bedding. My final straw was a comlete bub and bed change at 2am due to poo leakage!

for me it always depened on my child huggies were fine for DS and DD2 but made DD1 smell but found that snugglers leaked for both DS and DD2 ( they must have the same shape bum LOL) but the woolie select have been great for DD2 but they make them big so will be no use to you.. If you dont want them If you know any little girls make them a dolly nappy bag and give them a few of these as they make great dolly nappys ( my girls just love them) or keep them for when you have a girl...

I'm relieved to know it's not because I'm doing something wrong (but also frustrated that there's nothing I can do to fix them!). I tried using a PUL cover over them, but it still wasn't enough to contain the wee!

I think I'll just finish up the packet that is already open, then switch to the MCNs. Thanks everyone for your help .

Ezz at least it is only wee that is leaking up his back. There are few things more demoralising than getting to the shops and realising your newborn has pooed up their back and all over their pram LOL!!

We did have a couple of "poo out the leg" experiences with the Huggies (the worst was when he pooed all over my nightie as I was feeding - and had to change both of us!)

Anyway, I started using the BBH yesterday & I'm in love! SOOOOO much better than the Huggies (and he was starting to outgrow them anyway - he's a big boy!). Didn't have as much success with the Greenkids Pocket I tried this morning - but maybe he needs to be a bit bigger for that one?

We too had these troubles, but we were not pointing the penis down as above, started that & fixed for a little bit but after several night wakings wet through & even doing a load of washing one night at 1am!!! we realised that the nappies we were using were too small for DS. Just another thought, you could always try the next size up.

have u talked to the company? i recently had faulty huggies!!! crawler size but still i sent a few back (unused) and they said deffinately faulty and they are sendingh me some new ones... could be a newborn thing though i am not sure give kimberly clarke a ring

Hadn't thought about them being faulty - was from several different packs though (36 packs).

Thanks for thoughts re. leg cuffs and penis down - have been doing both of these already.

Fortunately we were planning to go cloth once they ran out anyway (they were baby shower gifts) - so it has just made me more excited about the cloth!!

Yay Ezz, cloth rocks!

We found Huggies leak as well, what a huge disppointment and waste of money they are!. We're currently using Pampers which I find work a lot better, though we still get a few leaks a week (which is better than the few leaks a day from the Huggies).

I want to get him into coth but the cloth diapers I got (the smallest ones I could find) are still too big for him. We'll be switching as soon as they fit him properly.

Glad you're liking the BBH Ezz

He's probably a bit small for pockets. Also they don't last as long as disposables or even the BBH so that can take some getting used to. When I use pockets they are only on about 2 hours max. The trade off is the drying time as they are really quick to dry!

Raven - thanks! I might try the pockets again when he's a bit bigger (and I think I left it on 3 hours - a bit too long? - he's a heavy wetter!)

Billy Ocean Guest

Hi girls,

I am having exactly the same problem with my little man in Huggies. Up the back, all over his clothes and the sheets! I'm pointing his penis down but that doesn't seem to help.

I don't feel quite ready for cloth nappies yet. We had a traumatic birth, lack of milk, weight loss etc so I'd like things to settle down a little before getting onto cloth. He'll be 2 weeks on Thursday. I can't afford to buy the all in one nappies (BBH etc) so it would just be flats. I planned to use the two packs of sposy's then go onto cloth but these leaks are terrible. As one of you just wrote, what a waste of money! I'm furious!

Anyway, I'm glad it's not just me.

Is there anything I can put into the nappies to absorb more urine just until I use these up? Poor little fella!

Hope everyone's going great.

Kate

Congrats on the birth of Billy, Kate!

I understand your need to wait until things settle to go into cloth. I did the same for a couple of weeks, but found once we changed over that it wasn't nearly as difficult as I'd imagined! In fact it was easier because I wasn't doing all the extra washing LOL!

How long are you leaving the sposies on for? You might need to change him more frequently. Or perhaps you could think about using a cover, like you would over a cloth nappy. You can get boosters etc, but it wouldn't be that cheap to buy as many as you'd need to get through the day. I think you might need to jsut stick it out until you swap to cloth....unless someone else has a bright idea!

Myabe try a different brand of sposies too..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast