Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rolling nappy change,...

My turn now!!! Zander has started to roll a week ago & gee the nappy changes are getting difficult! Definately going to try the sticky tape trick.

Thanks guys

Default rolling nappy changes

Mackenzie has just taken to trying to sit up or roll aswell. I find it easier if I change her on the change table as she seems to be more restricted - if I do it on the floor she just jumps up and runs away!. I sing, blow rasberries on her tummy, eat her feet to make her laugh, and give her toys or anything to try and distract her.

oh Sarah I feel for you! Its still happening at least 1-2 nappy changes a day over here...less frustrating for me, but when DH does it I can hear all about it from the other side of the house LOL...growling & Matilda screaming...

We found some fairy lights that we put over the change table & turn them on only during nappy changes & thats helped heaps!

I like that idea cos Zander is fasinated by lights. What did you attach them to Christy?

We had some nails in our ceiling from the previous owners & we bent them and hung them up on there.... we got this star shape from a $2 shop and hung it up on the nails so it sort of lays flat on the ceiling. It works a treat in the for every change except the middle of the day one where they don't shine too bright LOL

Melinda Guest

*bump*

I have to say I have now experienced all of the things that have been mentioned in this thread! LOL

Jacob is guilty of all of the following:

~ Crocodile death roll
    ~ Pooey willy grab
    ~ Consuming a barkers egg
    ~ Pelvic thrusts
    ~ Lifting his legs, pushing with his feet and propelling himself along the floor (or wherever he is being changed). An alternative to this is putting his feet on me and using me as leverage to propell himself even further!
    ~ Sliding around once the clean nappy is under him so he mucks up the positioning of the nappy.

*phew*

So there you go, Jacob does all of the things that have been mentioned here!!! Oh dear......

Yvette - I totally hear where you're coming from WRT having to battle to hold onto the ankles with one hand (whilst also trying to prevent the obligatory crocodile death roll, pelvic thrust or propelling action) whilst trying to guess the required number of wipes, clean the mess up (whilst trying to prevent the pooey willy grab or any barkers eggs being snaffled), get the fresh nappy into position before the squirming to muck the new nappy up begins..............ROFLMAO!!! It's also the same with Jacob in terms of distracting him - any toys you give him are generally not good enough.......he would much prefer the jar of botty butter or bepanthen to gnaw on.......

Aaaah.......I'm glad I got that out! You've got to laugh haven't you!!!

Yep, we are experiencing this in our house as well. DH asked me to post something on here to see if you guys had some answers as we seem to have tried everything!

Matthew just sees it as a game now and its got to the point where it will take 15 mins just to change nappy and clothes if needed.

MCHN just said that'll he'll grow out of it... we'll just keep battling on!

*Yvette* Guest

Bad new guys, Angus is 16 months and hasn't grown out of it yet, lol. And getting him dressed is like a sumo wrestle.

He's just so busy & has other things to do, he has no patience for us inconveniencing him with these trivial details.

He loves his shower or bath though, and is not interested in waiting to get undressed before he gets in there.

And although he's just average size for his age, just growing out of size 0 and into size 1, the extra large nappies are looking a bit small. :-s

Melinda Guest

LOL Yvette. Jacob is very similar - he is always on the move and tearing around at break-neck speed, so to get held up with having to have his nappy changed, or dressed/undressed is one major inconvenience for him!!! Jacob too loves his bath and he doesn't mind getting undressed for this as he knows he gets to do a bit of a nudey run around the house beforehand! He loves a good nudey run!!!!

Well I still have this problem with Angus at the ripe old age of 2 1/4.
    The only thing that works for me is straight out bribery. Give him a bickie and he will lay there and forget about his mission to make nappy changes a power struggle.

*Yvette* Guest

Adding tiny teddies to the shopping list now.

Matilda's getting better, thank goodness!! Books are a lifeline as well as bribes with fruit sticks...

Melinda Guest

Yep, books can be a go-er as well sometimes.....but he still prefers to have something to play with that he shouldn't be having! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12