Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toilet training general chatter

Default Toilet training general chatter

Wysiwig, same as OP my DS one day just decided to wear undies, and he's been dry and clean day and night since then - obviously a couple of accidents in between.
    Frustratingly we had been trying for 4 months and getting no where, lots of tears, anger, frustration of him just not getting it - so we stopped talking about it, went into nappies full time again (had been doing, pull ups, training pants, undies and nappies in that 4months) and after 2 weeks he came and asked for undies and we haven't looked back!

He got an m&m for a wee on the toilet, and gummi bear for a poo and a chuggington train for staying dry and clean all day.

Default Re: Toilet training general chatter

She is 2 yr and 3ish weeks

Im with OP here.

When dd1 was around 2 i thought she was ready to be toilet trained as she told us when she needed a change but when we started she was scared of the toilet even though we bought every mini toilet seat thing there was.

I didnt pressure her until a few months shy of 3 yrs old she decided nappies were for babies and never wore nappies day and night.

Dd2 tells us when she poos and wees but im in no rush to get her out of nappies until she feels shes lazy (and secretly i find nappies heaps easier than rushing them to the toilet and cleaning puddles :O)

Tt40 she is still little. Don't stress yourself too much

Hi joining in here ds is 2.5 in undies all day at daycare and mostly stays dry and poo free but home is another issue h and I have been so busy we haven't been doing it at home also have the added inconvenience of no toilet downstairs and dd (1) always tries to pull ds off the potty and stick her hands in it still a few teething problems figuring out toilet training in the new house ds has also only just started talking so another reason we haven't pushed toilet training were in the mindset we won't push but we've changed him to cloth nappies so we no longer have to buy nappies for him which also takes some pressure off getting him trained quicker and then well just use them for dd anyway after he's toilet trained

DD is almost 2 and a half years and not inclined to TT at all. She very happily wees on the toilet but only if we initiate it and will never say she needs to go or is wet/has done it (still in nappies). She won't poo on the toilet and hates her dirty nappy being changed so will hide the fact she has done one. We haven't done any nappy free time.

DD (20.5 months) is sitting on the loo reading at the mo. She started showing an interest about 4 weeks ago and was getting upset when I sat on the loo because she wanted a turn. We had great success with the first 2 weeks then took a break for 2 weeks because she decided she didn't want to use the loo but we are back to it this week. We are thinking of it as toilet learning, just like any other area of her learning. I feel like it takes the pressure off. We are in no hurry for her to get into undies so we are just following her lead and interest at the mo. Its about offering the loo at certain times for us at the mo. She's quite comfortable to do wee and poo on the loo but in the morning she takes her time and we only have one loo so I've resorted to using the potty to wee in a few times!

So we are having some success with DD using the toilet. when I put her on it, she always does a wee and sometimes a poo. She's not telling me when she needs to go so I'm not sure about undies yet, especially as we are looking for a new FDC educator and that will be enough change for now. Have any of you transitioned your LO to undies before they are asking to use the loo? DD has the ability to hold on, even in the morning if I use the loo right before her she can hold and wait to go.
    Ideas?
    TIA.

Yay for your DD. Yep we transitioned DS to undies before he was asking to use the toilet, and it actually took him a long time to initiate using the toilet even though he stayed dry in undies. He can just hold on for an amazing time. Like your DS he'd often wait while I went to the toilet in the morning and it wasn't unheard of for him to stay dry for the whole time at childcare (we started to worry he wasn't drinking enough so he wouldn't need to pee there). Every now and again we'd ask if he wanted to use the toilet or if he actually looked like he needed to go we'd suggest it or just guide him there rather than asking. Worked fine for us. Only problem was actually at childcare. I think it started out because he wouldn't ask to use the toilet and they wouldn't prompt him, but he developed a thing about using the toilet there and so he was in nappies at childcare and dry in undies at home for a good 6 months or more...
    Good luck with the toilet learning and the new FDC!

I... I think DD1 might be fully TTed, or close enough. I don't want to jinx things, but she hasn't had an accident in weeks, spends days at home with no nappy, tells us when she needs to go when she IS wearing one... I might have to test if she's alright with a nappy-less outing!

That's fab Teni!

Well, she went half a day at Scienceworks yesterday without a nappy - after lunch, she told me she needed to wee even though she was already wearing one, so I took it off and popped undies on her She did have a poo incident in the night, but I think that's because her seat wasn't on the toilet. She told us right after it happened anyway, so sort of a win

Quote Originally Posted by TeniBear View Post
    Well, she went half a day at Scienceworks yesterday without a nappy - after lunch, she told me she needed to wee even though she was already wearing one, so I took it off and popped undies on her She did have a poo incident in the night, but I think that's because her seat wasn't on the toilet. She told us right after it happened anyway, so sort of a win
    She might be right for undies full time? I think one problem we had with DS was that we confused him going between undies/nappies/pull-ups.

How do your little ones get onto the toilet? We have a step for DD but she cannot climb up and twists onto her seat attachment without it falling off or her almost falling in?
    Last edited by Ladylove; July 9th, 2014 at 09:48 PM.

Oh dear Ladylove!
    DD hates the step and refused to use the loo for 2 weeks after I introduced it. I lift her onto the loo. She likes her feet to dangle or uses her legs and feet to help balance her favorite big book on her lap.

Sorry twos onto should have been twists onto!

Ok, so Spock has been having some nappy free time, and if she is nudie rude she always runs to the potty to do wees! Haven't tried undies yet, sometimes she will ask for her nappy on (which we think is cause she wants to do a poo, which sometimes she does other times she doesn't) day care suggested pull-ups, but a friend said they just confused her boys because they couldn't tell the difference between a nappy and pull-ups,
    I do have 'training undies' they are undies just with a bit of padding in them. They worth it? Or just go straight to normal ones?

I did use training pants. But it's horses for courses. Ds1 did not need nappies at home etc, but his personality meant he did not want to go to the toilet on his own at OCD. So he'd let little bits of wee out all the time and it wasn't nice. He never pooed in them. I didn't think a nappy was the way to go - he was TT for all intents and purposes.
    They don't hold much. But it was a safety net I guess.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast