Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of nappy was this?

Question What type of nappy was this?

Was at the movies the other day and the girl next to me changed her bubba and i noticed he was wearing a material nappy that did up with press studs? What would you call this nappy and does anyone know where i can buy them? I didnt want to interupt her movie viewing and she was gone before i could ask any questions!
    I had always intended to use cloth with DS but the washing, ironing, folding all got too much. Now that summer is here, i think the young master of the house will be spending most of his time in a nappy and singlet, so i would love to get some of these.

Em, google MCN (moder cloth nappies) you'll get a kazillion hits and heaps of different types. Have a read around here, they were iinvaluable to me starting out...

theres a forum in here on modern cloth nappies. The best place to start i reckon!

ooooh yes .. come and join the mcn thread ... or pm me if you like

you can always try the weewuns website too...they have lots of differnet kinds of modern cloth nappies on there.

FluffyLaRue Guest

google and you will be spoilt for choice But the clothies thread is a great place to start- There's the resident cloth Goddess Gigi who give brilliant answers to questions about mcn! It can be a little confusing but you'll pick up the jargon in no time!

My peapod nappies have white plastic press studs about eight I think across the front so they can be adjusted. I got mine from baby winks but you can get them online

Yeah, you'll have lots of choices about MCNs that do up with press studs (I'm loving them atm cause DD has worked out how to undo velcro!). I agree, have a look at some online stores and find a style you like the look of. It can help to buy a couple of different styles first to try out (cause they all fit differently on your bubs) then buy more of the ones you like!

Thankyou so much for your replies girls. When DS goes down for his nap i am going to sit in front of the computer and do some serious reading! Thanks again x

... and then you'll get addicted.

We've just started moving to MCN and my DF loves them, his panic at folding a nappy was holding us back but he thinks these are easy! And he is just as excited as I am at planning to buy them!

Try this thread

how did you go mrsdaisy ????

see any thing you liked ???? also have a look in the classifieds section .... there are a few nappies going 2nd you can try first .....

come along and join the nappy nerds ... you'll be a hyena in no time

The other thing I was thinking was.... you ironed the flats?? OMG you are a domestic goddess!!

Hey Em I see you are a Vic girl! Maybe next time we have a get together you can come along and see a few IRL...

Yes i was ironing them.. maybe thats where i went wrong. Standing over an ironing board thinking there must be more to life than this!. DS threw a spanner into my computer time yesterday so i endevour to sit down over the next few days and look into it properly. i definiately like the idea of the trying 2nd hand first, because as you all have said there seems to be so many to choose from. Could become my new addiction maybe?

Mrsdaisy ... see you in rehab

FluffyLaRue Guest

Ha No rehab here for me....
    I'm surround by it 24/7 my office is full of retail MCN... But I can stop any time I like .... really, I just do it for fun....

what colour was the nappy???????

Arrghh..so much to choose from.. Worse than shopping for shoes!! I am going to start of by buying a couple of Baby Beehinds All in ones to see how we go. Naturally am having trouble convincing DH it is worth the inital outlay of $$ but dont worry i'll get around it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast