Thread: Little squirt question

Default Little squirt question

Hi guys,

Have a Q bout the little squirt thingys..

DH wants to know if it can be attached to any toilet system, as we have an old toilet system (cos we live in an old house) and its sort of like a proper tap on the side of the toilet, so wondering if the little squirt would attach to this cos its difficult to tell from the piccys on the net.

Thanks in advance!!!

DP believes that it would, however older style toilets have a fixed pipe so you would need enough play in the pipe to be able to put in a couple of extra inches for the "T" to go to the Little Squirt. Email the Little Squirt people before purchase as they were really helpful when we had to get a hose extension for ours.

(BTW most of this means nothing to me so hope your DH can make sense of it )

Thanks Nai,

I showed DH your response and he said that is what he was worried about because the tap is right up against the wall (or something... I was listening, really... lol)

Ellibam Guest

there should be a pipe that goes from the tap to the toilet? that is where it goes not on the other side of the tap. is that a bit more helpful? or house is 20yr old so not sure if you would class our toilet as an old one though?

Ahhhh that made sense to DH. He said we should be right..
    Now... is it worth getting one?? lol

Ellibam Guest

yes and no!! we arent using cloth any more so it sits there and some days makon thinks its a play toy.
    but when we were using cloth it was great cos i didnt have to scrap any thing!!
    it takes a little while to get used to how to aim it with out getting you or the wall covered!

ewww.. and I thought Weetbix on the wall was bad enough...

Thanks Elli We may have to have a serious discussion about getting one. We've just started on cloth nappies, and planning another bub after this one, so would get heaps of use..

yep i only started cloth at 8mths and i can say not having to scrape poo off nappies is great!! i didnt find i got anything on the wall though itdoes take a while to get used to putting the right amount of pressure on when u squirt it hehe deff worth a go!!

I love mine and it has been used for over 2 years now. You can turn the valve thing so that it doesn't squirt if the little ones think it is a toy. It was a godsend when DD was exclusively breastfed but we still use it a few times a week now.