Thread: Overlocking bamboo

Default Overlocking bamboo

Hey all,
    As some of you know, I suck majorly when using the OL. Just wondering about those of you who OL bamboo fleece (70/30 I think?), how many layers are you able to OL and what size needles do you use? And does the tension need to be altered depending on the amount of layers?
    Thanks!

For 3 layer boosters because it's so dense you will need to adjust your upper looper till it's meeting in the right spot with the lower looper. I think I ended up with mine on 2 but as all overlockers are different be prepared to junk a bit for practice.
    Make sure you write down the combination that gives you the best results.

Thanks matey. Ha. I broke so many damn needles when I tried last time (three layers).

oops I missed this! For fleece you would prolly want a 14 ballpoint to get through the density.....anything smaller will bemore inclined to break under the strain. Also for more layers you will prolly need adjust the foot pressure to allow the layers to feed through without the top one being forced out of line IYGWIM. The foot pressure thingy is usually done with a screw driver at the top and doesnt have nice numbers to dial to you just have to adjust it a bit and trial it. The most likely reason for the needles breaking would be the wrong needle sof course and then the foot pressure. The tension is the last thign you play with until the loops meet just nicley at the very edge of the fabric and dcon't hang over either the top or bottom. If you want come visit with your overlocker and we will play and I can show how to adjust it properly.
    And If you bring some MM fleece maybe, just maybe we can experiment with some funky embroidery for you!!

I've never used a ball point needle and sew through 3 layers fine Mel. Could it be the overlocker?